Jordan and McQueen

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Jordan and McQueen

Post by whiteswan »

Am I right in assuming these two were given 'Freedom of the City of Leeds' alongside the likes of Hunter, Cooper, Reaney, Clarke, Jones etc etc :duno:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jordan and McQueen

Post by Norm »

It seems the entire team of 1967-1974 received the award.
I don't know if that entitled individual team players to claim the award too, but maybe not! :dun:
It's just such a shame that Don and Billy (and possibly others by now) could never have known that they would be so honoured.

Why couldn't this have been granted when the intended recipients were all still alive - the 100th anniversary doesn't mean a thing compared to the meaning it would have had for those who created the magic!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Imagine it was an honour bestowed on them as a team rather than individuals, but yes I would think they are included too.

I’ve not met Jordan, but I’ve met McQueen and I can tell you he is held in higher regard by his fellow teammates than the likes of Sprake now.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I met Jordan when he was a young reserve player. He was standing outside a clothes shop in Leeds...Hornes....? or something like that. I met McQueen at a pro/am golf tournament. I loved McQueen as a young lass.....was really upset and angry when he and Jordan legged it to Scum. I think that's where my hatred of Scum stems from! Also, McQueen came out a few years back and said that the hatred Leeds fans have for Scum is jealousy. I was very disappointed with his comment. I thought he would have had more respect for the fans that once adored him.

I certainly don't hold those two in the same regard as the likes of Billy, Cooper, Reany, Jones, Clarke, etc etc....you know.....that.... team
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Slight extension on this...

Whats everyones views on Smith these days?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Never liked McQueen, things he's said since made me like him less, Jordan meh.

Never had a problem with Smith if I'm honest, he gave money back to the club, the one thing I thought at the time and still do, he made the wrong choice going where he did, professionally aswell as personally, he never fitted their style, would have been better going to Everton, Newcastle type team at the time.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

loved mQueen and big joe . both played vital parts in our 74 title winning team.
mcQueen was a real feisty fucker , i remember him punching harvey in our 78 cup defeat at er against citeh .
disappointed when both left .
agree with gessa about smith . never a man utd type player .
fully understand why but far to old to hold grudges now .

footage of that infamous game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YfKuVHgxs .
Last edited by leic white 63 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

big joe equalizes at the death against brum 73/74 to keep our long unbeaten run going !
great team and great memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNkPy_u4uA