Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Bielsa names unchanged starting XI

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Bielsa names unchanged starting XI

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers

Saturday 9th November 2019 15.00 | Elland Road

Blackburn are the visitors to Elland Road as the Whites continue to build on their four game unbeaten run which as propelled them within two points of leaders West Brom. Tony Mowbray's side returned to winning ways last weekend against Sheffield Wednesday having lost 3 out of their last 5 games which saw them drop to 16th place in the table. The Riversiders have actually scored as many goals as Leeds (19) but their defence have conceded almost three times as many. Surely this will be Bamfords chance to get back on the scoresheet?

Nketiah will miss out again with the lower abdominal injury which kept him out of the starting line up last weekend against QPR. Jamie Shackleton’s will also miss out with a muscular problem, different to his previous injury. Gjanni Alioski will also miss out but Barry Douglas will be available for selection. Could this mean a change to last weeks winning selection? Pablo Hernandez is fit to start too, will this mean Costa, Roberts or Harrison are relegated to the bench? Davis received rave reviews after his cameo appearance last weekend. How long will it be until the 19 year old left back starts for Leeds?

The same fixture last season was an exciting affair finishing 3-2 with Leeds coming back to take all three points with goals on 91 and 94 minutes from Kemar Roofe. This could be another exciting affair as Tony Mowbray looks to secure back-to-back wins.
Blackburn have no new injury or suspension concerns with midfielder Lewis Holtby playing 67 minutes in last week's victory over Sheffield Wednesday and should be available to play again.

In all competitions, Leeds have won five of their past six games against Blackburn. Blackburn have lost on their past three visits to Elland Road against Leeds in all competitions, after winning three in a row between January 2014 and October 2015. Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray has lost on his past two league visits to Elland Road, losing in December 2012 with Middlesbrough and December 2018 with Blackburn.

Leeds Starting XI:
Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Costa, Roberts, Harrison, Bamford

Subs: Meslier, Douglas, Davis, Berardi, Gotts, Clarke,Hernandez
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Especially excited about this as it will be my first time back at EL in a long time.

I have mixed feelings about leaving Costa out as he really needs games but can we really have a midfield of Harrison, Roberts Pablo and Costa with KP as DFM? Does that leave us too exposed defensively ?

It'll be nice to see Stewart Downing play ( though obviously not too well) as he was one of my favourite players from times past.

What is the best pub to visit?

Plane lands at 12ish so expect to be at ground around 1.30.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am Especially excited about this as it will be my first time back at EL in a long time.

I have mixed feelings about leaving Costa out as he really needs games but can we really have a midfield of Harrison, Roberts Pablo and Costa with KP as DFM? Does that leave us too exposed defensively ?

It'll be nice to see Stewart Downing play ( though obviously not too well) as he was one of my favourite players from times past.

Have a great day Ian.
I'm jealous, it's a long time since I visited ER also.
Others will advise you about pubs to visit.
I don't think you will get in the Peacock?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am Especially excited about this as it will be my first time back at EL in a long time.

Sure you'll have a great day Ian.

Getting to the ground around that time, especially with the crowds we get now, all the pubs will be pretty chocca, the 2 nearest the ground are The Peacock and the Drysalters, I always go to the Peacock, you'll need to show your match ticket to get in, the pub itself will be full at that time, so you'll need to go into the beer garden, left of pub as you look at it, head up to the marquee at the top and go to the far end, I always find this the shortest of the queues, about 10 - 15minutes wait. If you get there earlier, say 1.00 that will be about 5 minutes, you're arriving at probably the busiest time.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am What is the best pub to visit?
Forget about pubs... buy a six pack of the best beer from a nearby supermarket
Sit under Billy's statue and offer free beer to any lovely girls passing by, and I
am sure you will have a better time.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:39 am Sure you'll have a great day Ian.

Getting to the ground around that time, especially with the crowds we get now, all the pubs will be pretty chocca, the 2 nearest the ground are The Peacock and the Drysalters, I always go to the Peacock, you'll need to show your match ticket to get in, the pub itself will be full at that time, so you'll need to go into the beer garden, left of pub as you look at it, head up to the marquee at the top and go to the far end, I always find this the shortest of the queues, about 10 - 15minutes wait. If you get there earlier, say 1.00 that will be about 5 minutes, you're arriving at probably the busiest time.
Thanks gessa,
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am Forget about pubs... buy a six pack of the best beer from a nearby supermarket
Sit under Billy's statue and offer free beer to any lovely girls passing by, and I
am sure you will have a better time.

Weather looks stinking on Sat so it might have hit the pub, but I will bring my brown paper bag just in case...
'
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Have a top day Ian :tup:

Hoping we keep up the good form expecting a 3-0 Leeds with Pablo orchestrating the win with at least one of the goals Come On Leeds
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am What is the best pub to visit?
Avoid the Peacock if you are looking to have a few pints Ian, too many fans there for the staff to cope with.

I only have a pint in the kop bar, generally served pretty swiftly in the ground although the East Stand is hectic

Have a great day Ian & lets hope Leeds smash Blackburn for you
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:35 pm Avoid the Peacock if you are looking to have a few pints Ian, too many fans there for the staff to cope with.

I only have a pint in the kop bar, generally served pretty swiftly in the ground although the East Stand is hectic

Some things are worth waiting for, especially if you prefer beer over sludge. ;-)

Also the Peacock does 2 pint glasses.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:35 pm Avoid the Peacock if you are looking to have a few pints Ian, too many fans there for the staff to cope with.

Cheers, we are in the East Stand, nose bleed seats.

I suppose with near half the capacity of the ground in one stand it is bound to be hectic.

Main thing is we get to see the game.

But a beer would be nice. :)
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:47 pm Some things are worth waiting for, especially if you prefer beer over sludge. ;-)

This must be seen to be believed.

As mentioned it all depends on how quickly we can get away from Leeds Bradford and on the road.
'
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm This must be seen to be believed.

As mentioned it all depends on how quickly we can get away from Leeds Bradford and on the road.
:tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:47 pm Some things are worth waiting for, especially if you prefer beer over sludge. ;-)

I'm not gonna argue with a connoisseur ;-)
gessa

Post by gessa »

:
1964white wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm I'm not gonna argue with a connoisseur ;-)
:tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Shackleton with a new injury.
Muscular.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

. Laughable. Asking too much of players too soon will break them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ali, Eddie, Forshaw all out to as well as Shacks.

Douglas is back so yipeee.

Remember when the club thought the power of prayer meant we didnt need more depth and were unlucky with injuries.

Do we still believe that or is it time to accept we do have to small a squad and MB's methods for all the good they have done do play a part?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

I always have a couple of pints in the Scarborough Hotel, next to the railway arches, it’s handy for the bus to ER.
There Is Only One United.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I said last season Bielsa's training methods have a lot to do with all the injuries and I have no reason to doubt it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk