The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) It's Eddie's decision

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) It's Eddie's decision

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 8th November, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

It's Eddie's decision whether he stays at Leeds or not

Marcelo Bielsa has suggested that ultimately it will be down to Eddie Nketiah whether or not he stays beyond the January transfer window. It was widely suggested that Gunners boss Unai Emery would sequentially decide on the 20 year olds future depending on game time, yet Bielsa reveals to the YEP, that Eddie is in charge of his own destiny...

I think that if he feels comfortable with us this is going to be the key for him to stay or not. It is for him to say, not for me. We have the same position as when he arrived at Leeds. After living and sharing with him, our opinion about him is better than the initial position we had before he arrived here and that was very good.

If you were Nketiah, would you be happy with the way you have been utilised so far?

Bielsa's pre match Press Conference

Eddie Nketiah [lower abdominal], Gjanni Alioski [side], Adam Forshaw [hip] and Jamie Shackleton [quad] will also miss tomorrows game but Barry Douglas is fit and available for selection. This being the case, the only change Bielsa is likely to make to the staring line up is to bring Hernandez back to the fold, in favour of Costa.

Klich Burnout?

The news that Mateusz Klich has been called up to Poland’s national squad for their upcoming Euro qualifiers against Israel (16th) and Slovenia (19th) have dismayed many Leeds fans on social media. The 29 year old has played 78 matches for club and country since the start of last season, approaching 6,200 minutes without a break. Surely he's heading for burnout should he continue in this vain.

Has he had the same impact that he showed last season? Does he need a break?

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11th October) It's Eddie's decision

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Glad it’s down to Eddie as I feel he’ll stay he’s definitely felt the love from us and we’ve put him in the public eye. I know he’s not played enough, I for one have been banging the start Eddie drum but I do feel he’ll get his chance if he stays injury free.

Klich like Pablo needs to be given a break every now and again otherwise we’ll burn him out then the boo boys will get on his back

And to you EB just a personal thanks for taking the time every morning to put these debates out there, I for one read them every day even though I don’t always reply :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

This is the problem with small squads, MB won't rest his creative and more influential players because he knows there is no one else with the same abilities. His own worst enemy imo and I'll be amazed if he gets them up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

Im saddened by Bielsa response, there he had a great opportunity to build up publicly one of his injured players and he really didnt go far enough. Why not say something really good about him at this time? This club has invested heavily in Nketiah and for him to come off with what is basically a " he can do what he likes comment is a let do down. But he has let him down as he should have been given a start long before QPR. And now Ed wont be able to fulfill his minimum games contract due to an impident CF in Bamford.

Just had a thought, remember Izzy came on last sessin away to QPR and started throwing himself around and got booked almost right away? Was that him trying go just follow Bielsa philosophy on what a striker needs to do to impress him?

Klich, everyone needs rested from time to time. Poland have every right to call him up, but let's face it, he is probably safer training way from Thorp Arch :roflmao:

Oh an social media suggesting Luke Ayling is Ill and may miss tomorrow's game.

Douglas or Davis at LB with Dallas at RB?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:31 am Morning EB et all

Glad it’s down to Eddie as I feel he’ll stay he’s definitely felt the love from us and we’ve put him in the public eye. I know he’s not played enough, I for one have been banging the start Eddie drum but I do feel he’ll get his chance if he stays injury free.

Klich like Pablo needs to be given a break every now and again otherwise we’ll burn him out then the boo boys will get on his back

And to you EB just a personal thanks for taking the time every morning to put these debates out there, I for one read them every day even though I don’t always reply :tup: :tup:
Appreciated pal!!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:40 am This is the problem with small squads, MB won't rest his creative and more influential players because he knows there is no one else with the same abilities. His own worst enemy imo and I'll be amazed if he gets them up.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Afternoon BGW

That is my worst fear.

Like it or not but the team struggled like mad at the second half of the season due to fatigue, tiredness, lost their intensity.

There's a massive difference between fitness and intensity. If you're getting to the ball a fraction of a second later, there's a good chance that your opposition will beat you to the ball, and that's the intensity part - those short sprints to get to the ball first - in this league that's the difference between winning the game and losing!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:31 am And to you EB just a personal thanks for taking the time every morning to put these debates out there, I for one read them every day even though I don’t always reply :tup: :tup:
I echo Rat's thoughts even though I don't contribute every day

Great work Matt :clape:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich needs a rest, unfortunately we haven't got an ideal replacement as is the case with all of our best players.

Pablo needs to return sooner than later

Hope Eddie stays, he's exciting & a real talent
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm Morning folks.

Im saddened by Bielsa response, there he had a great opportunity to build up publicly one of his injured players and he really didnt go far enough. Why not say something really good about him at this time? This club has invested heavily in Nketiah and for him to come off with what is basically a " he can do what he likes comment is a let do down. But he has let him down as he should have been given a start long before QPR. And now Ed wont be able to fulfill his minimum games contract due to an impident CF in Bamford.

Just had a thought, remember Izzy came on last sessin away to QPR and started throwing himself around and got booked almost right away? Was that him trying go just follow Bielsa philosophy on what a striker needs to do to impress him?

Klich, everyone needs rested from time to time. Poland have every right to call him up, but let's face it, he is probably safer training way from Thorp Arch :roflmao:

Oh an social media suggesting Luke Ayling is Ill and may miss tomorrow's game.

Douglas or Davis at LB with Dallas at RB?
Hey Ian, well said about Nketiah. After all said and done, I don't think Bielsa has treated Nketiah very well.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dallas at right back and Davis at left back for me.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Afternoon all :)

First of all, yes, a big thanks to EB. I too always read the 'breakfast debate' but am never up early enough to reply :lol:

Regarding Eddie, if I was him I would go back to Arsenal and request to be loaned to another club where I would get match play.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Absolutely.
hector

Post by hector »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm Absolutely.
Ditto :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:16 pm Ditto :mrgreen:
Double ditto
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Agreed.
I read the Breakfast Debate every day without fail and if I feel I have something to contribute to the debate, will do so.
Keep up the good work EB1
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:06 pm Afternoon all :)

First of all, yes, a big thanks to EB. I too always read the 'breakfast debate' but am never up early enough to reply :lol:

Regarding Eddie, if I was him I would go back to Arsenal and request to be loaned to another club where I would get match play.
Eddie is too good for our club Swannie :shock: remember how Warnock handled Ross Barkley, preferred average plodders & look where it got him in his career at Leeds !

Result - went on to play for a top four premiership club & has scored 6 goals in 30+ games for England.

Nketiah will go onto play top international level for his country as is the case with Phillips & White.

Good luck to our trio of stars, love watching them play for my beloved club :love:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 pm Dallas at right back and Davis at left back for me.
Wouldn't argue with that Matt :)