Championship 19/20

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Championship 19/20

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:51 pm Looks like Micheal O'Neill will be taking over the reins at Stoke.
Their fans seem to think they're doomed regardless.

Let's hope they're right!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did a decent job at Shamrock Rovers apparently.

But 2nd division Scottish league experience and a decent spell in Irish club football.

Did well with Northern Ireland but in terms of club football is this really a step up from Nathan Jones?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:35 pm Did a decent job at Shamrock Rovers apparently.

But 2nd division Scottish league experience and a decent spell in Irish club football.

Did well with Northern Ireland but in terms of club football is this really a step up from Nathan Jones?
Northern Ireland are very grateful to O'Neill for his services, he transformed the National side, not just at senior level but was a nurturer of young talent. He was also the Northern Ireland director if football.

Same with Shamrock Rovers in fact.

It will be interesting to see how he goes at Stoke. This club is in danger of free fall now.
But he is a great man manager so if he can get the senior Stoke players on his side he may do well. It will be the first time ever in his career he will have money to spend on players too..

Maybe he can do one last thing for Northern Ireland and consign McClean to the reserves. :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Championship 19/20 - Anyone noticed.....

Post by 1964white »

A team creeping up the championship whom some of us predicted for a top-six finish.

Only team to win four of their last five matches scoring three goals in each of those four victories conceding only four goals. All this without last seasons prolific striker Maupey

Brentford of course

Strangely the Bees away form is overshadowing their home form with five wins under their belts away from Griffin Park

Lets hope it's only a fluky run & they drop away, the less contenders around us the better!
gessa

Post by gessa »

West Brom's next 4 games are interesting.

Home to Sheff Wed- Bristol City - Swansea

Away to Preston
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm West Brom's next 4 games are interesting.

Home to Sheff Wed- Bristol City - Swansea

Away to Preston
I wonder many points the baggies would be realistically happy with?

On their day they are quite capable of taking all twelve points, a couple of below par performances would be welcome
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

In a strange way WBA can do us some favours by taking points off the chasing pack but of course we have to keep up our recent good form to enable us to still be up there with them. 6 of 1....

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm I wonder many points the baggies would be realistically happy with?

On their day they are quite capable of taking all twelve points, a couple of below par performances would be welcome

They'd be looking at 10 from them.
I expect them to be champions, if they do get the 10 or even 12, then they'd be well on the way but just as importantly, it dents the hopes of a few contenders but it never or very seldomly works out that way.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

We should be looking at 9pts from the next 3 games, clubs in the bottom 8. These are games we should be winning when going for promotion and cementing our place in the top 3.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I think O Neil is a great appointment he has done a great job with little resources up in Northern Ireland, Stoke have a good squad, Im sure he’ll come in and turn things around pretty quickly and then go on a run, if they’ll keep it up is another thing, hope not, potentially a strong side
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm I think O Neil is a great appointment he has done a great job with little resources up in Northern Ireland, Stoke have a good squad, Im sure he’ll come in and turn things around pretty quickly and then go on a run, if they’ll keep it up is another thing, hope not, potentially a strong side
Thankfully we've played them away
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 pm They'd be looking at 10 from them.
I expect them to be champions, if they do get the 10 or even 12, then they'd be well on the way but just as importantly, it dents the hopes of a few contenders but it never or very seldomly works out that way.
If we get 9 or 10 points the same as the baggies surely a gap would open for WBA & ourselves of course, we need to stay on their tails
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:34 pm If we get 9 or 10 points the same as the baggies surely a gap would open for WBA & ourselves of course, we need to stay on their tails
We are capable with the fixtures coming up but as I said it rarely works out that way but it would be nice.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:44 pm We are capable with the fixtures coming up but as I said it rarely works out that way but it would be nice.
Wishful thinking eh ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:47 pm Wishful thinking eh ?
Wishful thinking is we get 12 points and West Brom draw all 4. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:48 pm Wishful thinking is we get 12 points and West Brom draw all 4. :)
Now that would be good :-D
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It was around this point last season we won 7 on the bounce...I get a feeling we need to do something very similar right now to stay up there.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Colin has left Cardiff.

He will now retire . . . . . . Until February when he will become a manager again and immediately declare his new squad a great bunch of lads, the best he has worked with in fact.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 pm Colin has left Cardiff.

He will now retire . . . . . . Until February when he will become a manager again and immediately declare his new squad a great bunch of lads, the best he has worked with in fact.
Next Norn Iron manager

I am officially starting the rumour here.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 pm Thankfully we've played them away
Good, they’ll finish top ten at least I think
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..