The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

Post by gessa »

I'll play devils advocate

Bielsa has been great for Leeds (so far), but is rewarded handsomely for his efforts.

So is just about every other manager, he's the best we'vehad since relegation from the Prem and should be applauded with what he's done with an average bunch of players, he's improved virtually every single one of them, what more do you want?

Has he learnt by his mistakes last season?

The way we'veground results out this season that we didn'tlast, I'dsay yes

When was the last time we has a decent second half of the season?

Perhaps the year we qualified for the Champions League

What I see is that Leeds have an amazing opportunity in what can only be described as an average Championship league, yey he refuses to rest people, and give 30-35m of talent an opportunity to impress.

Why do players need resting, we'renot even half way through the season yet, these are young fit athletes, injuries mean there is a small turnover of the starting 11, you can bet your bottom dollar if he rotated and results went against us, he'dbe slagged off for not keeping a winning side.

Has Clarke turned crap overnight - No

Clarke was poor the end of last season after whatever was wrong with him against Boro, he looks disinterested for the U23's, there is a talent there but should he be starting, I think not

If Nketiah can score hatricks foe England U21's, why hasn't he been given an opportunity at ER?

Because there's more to a strikers game than goals, and could Edfie do what Bielsa wanted in his all round game, he probably can now, as he was about to start his first game before his mystery illness
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

Post by rrfierce »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:02 am If two players who barely played are recalled, how can that it be a massive blow to us? No doubt we'll slip down the table without those negligible presences to add their minor influences.

To be clear, I rate both Clarke and Nketiah highly but the view that we'll be much worse off losing two players we barely used is contradictory.
Not too bothered about clarke, he can go back to spurs as we have similar players waiting to come in. Nketiah is a bit different, we don't have a recognised striker on the bench and if bamford gets injured which is possible then we could implode again at a critical time. Hopefuly they are, but leeds should be doing everything they can to keep eddie, he could make all the difference come march
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

If we have been playing and winning without Clarke or Nketiah... then what is the problem.
Oh Boo Hoo we will be lost without them... same old Shite_Stirring_Stories... when they have
not even played. Yes but No but No but what if they go out to the opposition and start scoring
a bag of goals. Let them, that will still not stop the Bielza Blitzkreig Ball. Yes but no but yes but
what if we get injuries or suspensions what do we do then? WE promote Edmonson Bogusz and
Stevens and thrash the living daylights out of any opposition.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

For me Eddie has a presence. Defenders know he is dangerous and will be more worried about him than PB. Eddie possesses real pace and skill and is a finisher.. I'm not sure PB possesses any of these qualities, yes he can score goals but after needing how many attempts previously ? Eddie is the only player who gives us much needed pace up front which defenders hate ! Seeing him in the Leeds side must give the opposition nightmares. If he goes back in January then it will cost Leeds big big money to bring in a credible replacement and they should do everything to keep him.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:10 am Not too bothered about clarke, he can go back to spurs as we have similar players waiting to come in. Nketiah is a bit different, we don't have a recognised striker on the bench and if bamford gets injured which is possible then we could implode again at a critical time. Hopefuly they are, but leeds should be doing everything they can to keep eddie, he could make all the difference come march
Or he might not, too many unknowns to get our knickers twisted. Much as I like the lad, I reckon Edmonson - who knows the system, the tactics and his duties - will be just as good as Nketiah in real terms, that is as Bamford's bench warmer.

Bielsa also doesn't adhere to terms like 'recognised striker', the goals come from all over. Only one of those 4 against Boro came from Bamford, after all.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Probably most of us on here could've scored against Boro . Lets see if its repeated before the end of the season.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 am I'll play devils advocate

Bielsa has been great for Leeds (so far), but is rewarded handsomely for his efforts.

So is just about every other manager, he's the best we'vehad since relegation from the Prem and should be applauded with what he's done with an average bunch of players, he's improved virtually every single one of them, what more do you want?

Has he learnt by his mistakes last season?

The way we'veground results out this season that we didn'tlast, I'dsay yes

When was the last time we has a decent second half of the season?

Perhaps the year we qualified for the Champions League

What I see is that Leeds have an amazing opportunity in what can only be described as an average Championship league, yey he refuses to rest people, and give 30-35m of talent an opportunity to impress.

Why do players need resting, we'renot even half way through the season yet, these are young fit athletes, injuries mean there is a small turnover of the starting 11, you can bet your bottom dollar if he rotated and results went against us, he'dbe slagged off for not keeping a winning side.

Has Clarke turned crap overnight - No

Clarke was poor the end of last season after whatever was wrong with him against Boro, he looks disinterested for the U23's, there is a talent there but should he be starting, I think not

If Nketiah can score hatricks foe England U21's, why hasn't he been given an opportunity at ER?

Because there's more to a strikers game than goals, and could Edfie do what Bielsa wanted in his all round game, he probably can now, as he was about to start his first game before his mystery illness
Spot on Ges :tup: I don't need to say anymore!
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:04 pm Or he might not, too many unknowns to get our knickers twisted. Much as I like the lad, I reckon Edmonson - who knows the system, the tactics and his duties - will be just as good as Nketiah in real terms, that is as Bamford's bench warmer.

Bielsa also doesn't adhere to terms like 'recognised striker', the goals come from all over. Only one of those 4 against Boro came from Bamford, after all.
If we want promotion then having a striker that scores 20+ goals makes a massive difference. Based on last years 3 of the top 4 teams went up. Thats not a coincidence.

Teemu Pukki (Norwich) 29 goals, 9 assists
Neal Maupay (Brentford) 25 goals, 8 assists
Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa) 25 goals, 3 assists
Billy Sharp (Sheffield Utd) 23 goals, 4 assists
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Is Eddie's loan deal costing us around £5m ?

My prediction is if Nketiah goes we'll bring in Gayle on loan, just a feeling!

Edmondson is going out on loan to a L1 or L2 club, that is definite January transfer news
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The sub-text is what is more important here. What is being implied is that ruin will befall us
because of mismanagement by Bielsa (We will loose Nketiah because Bielsa has not played him)
There will be no replacements because Phil Hay says so and Radrizzanni is skint.

Correction Bielsa like Nketiah and would like him to stay for more than this season.
If Arsenal allow it is another matter, but Leeds want him to stay.

Correction Radrizzanni is trying to cut a deal with the Quataris so there will be money available
for investment if need be

Run away run away the killer Rabbit of Caerbannog will devour us all.
It is all subtle manipulation that has been skillfully designed to simultaneously
give us a wedgie whilst putting our knickers in a twist.

RESIST
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm If we want promotion then having a striker that scores 20+ goals makes a massive difference. Based on last years 3 of the top 4 teams went up. Thats not a coincidence.

Teemu Pukki (Norwich) 29 goals, 9 assists
Neal Maupay (Brentford) 25 goals, 8 assists
Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa) 25 goals, 3 assists
Billy Sharp (Sheffield Utd) 23 goals, 4 assists
Always maintained we needed a prolific striker, we'd be six to nine points clear by now if we had one.

Thankfully we have a mean defence that consistently does it's job game after game. Clean sheets also wins matches
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:54 am For me Eddie has a presence. Defenders know he is dangerous and will be more worried about him than PB. Eddie possesses real pace and skill and is a finisher.. I'm not sure PB possesses any of these qualities, yes he can score goals but after needing how many attempts previously ? Eddie is the only player who gives us much needed pace up front which defenders hate ! Seeing him in the Leeds side must give the opposition nightmares. If he goes back in January then it will cost Leeds big big money to bring in a credible replacement and they should do everything to keep him.

Well said.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm Is Eddie's loan deal costing us around £5m ?

My prediction is if Nketiah goes we'll bring in Gayle on loan, just a feeling!

Edmondson is going out on loan to a L1 or L2 club, that is definite January transfer news
Last season the talk was that Gayles wages were 50K a week.

Could we afford that plus a transfer fee?

Big money
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Asked about our defence Mb has just said this:

We are working here for a long time. In this case, we are lacking three players in this part of the team, but we think we are in good position to resolve this.
'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm Last season the talk was that Gayles wages were 50K a week.

Big money
Like Citeh do with Harrison's 50k wages Newcastle would probably pay the bulk of Gayle's salary
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm Last season the talk was that Gayles wages were 50K a week.

Big money
Gayle was on between 40-45k a week.

He's played 4 games for Newcastle.

No way would he be fit enough to play Bielsaball
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Big money
Gayle was on between 40-45k a week.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:49 pm Gayle was on between 40-45k a week.

True. Unless of course the deal can be done now and then he could sign on Jan 1st and be ready for the beginning of Feb?

Thing is the same will apply to anyone who gets brought. So if Leeds are serious about a new face at the club I hope we dont see the fannying around like last season
'
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm True. Unless of course the deal can be done now and then he could sign on Jan 1st and be ready for the beginning of Feb?

Thing is the same will apply to anyone who gets brought. So if Leeds are serious about a new face at the club I hope we dont see the fannying around like last season
Really well said Ian

I'm convinced the Leeds hierarchy could have got the Daniel James deal over the line a lot earlier had they wanted to, but it suited them to wait until the last minute to drum up suspense and to make the 'event' a marquee signing, all singing, all dancing....

Obviously at the last minute Swansea pulled the deal.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Guests

Feel free to join in.

It only takes a few minutes to sign up...