The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

Post by Cjay »

Nketiah

Can understand the frustration from Arsenal, can understand if Eddie is frustrated. Broken record but i firmly believe MB didnt want Eddie, he wasnt the sort of player MB wanted. MB had his main striker, Eddie was only ever going to be a backup.

MB wanted a number 10 not a poacher imo, the club should have trusted Bielsa and backed him with Kent (and Eddie actually).

Unless Eddie convinces MB he can play as a 10 (like Roofe did) then i cant see him starting before January.

Clarke.

I read the club only got Clarke back because they couldn't get Kent on loan, is that what MB wanted, doubt it. He hasnt become a bad player but he shouldnt have come back. If he goes he will need replacing as will Eddie and in Eddie's case thats millions of pounds down the drain again.

Wendies.

They are fooked, they got caught and should have the book thrown at them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 5th December) - The writing is on the wall for Nketiah

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:33 pm Run away run away the killer Rabbit of Caerbannog will devour us all.
Well, that rabbit is dynamite...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:19 pm If we want promotion then having a striker that scores 20+ goals makes a massive difference. Based on last years 3 of the top 4 teams went up. Thats not a coincidence.

Teemu Pukki (Norwich) 29 goals, 9 assists
Neal Maupay (Brentford) 25 goals, 8 assists
Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa) 25 goals, 3 assists
Billy Sharp (Sheffield Utd) 23 goals, 4 assists
It's preferable but not necessary, Cardiff did it when they went up with a 10 goal top scorer for the season.. We have a saying in AF. Offenses win games, defences win championships
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds u18 v Hull City U 18

Live at 7pm

on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tNPoOJ ... .tv_widget
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 am If it wasn't for a dodgy penalty we'd be top now, still second 5 points clear of third,on an eight game unbeaten run and that loss was because of three substantial reffering decisions, yet still he gets questioned and criticised, what would it be like if we were mid table or worse, yes perhaps then it would be justified, really not sure what folk want, that is reasonable to want.
As you say, if we were midtable, showing that Bielsa's management philosophy wasn't working then you could say that he was getting things wrong.

He is obviously not perfect and gets things wrong, but some people just complain all the time about everything.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:05 am As am I and doubly so for Rads and Orta who have effected a miraculous change throughout the club in no time at all and without going all Viv Nicholson about it

I'm never going to be a Bamford fan, he's a serviceable, limited CF but he's our number 1 for MB and that's that. I can live with that as I had to live with watching Lee Chapman play.
Agree, they have done a good job with rebuilding the squad to make us competitive.

I'm not a big fan of Bamford, but whether I am or not, he is doing his bit in a competitive team.

I would like us to get a more consistent goal-scorer in the team, but as long as we are at the top of the table with Bamford in the side, that is fine by me.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Eddie wouldn’t be much of a loss though. It’s not like he’s an integral part of the team. He could be and should be and would be such a massive shame and 100% he’ll tear it up at Bristol City and give us a scare.
I’d be confident we’d bring somebody of good quality to replace him but I really hope he gets a chance to shin from until the new year
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Bielsa's job is to pick the team that he thinks can win games, not to develop or be fair to an Arsenal loanee, or to pick him simply in order to retain his services. If Eddie is recalled, I don't see that Bielsa is at fault for that. It may even be that we can sign a player who will be able to fit in the team with Bamford.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

dezzy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm Eddie wouldn’t be much of a loss though. It’s not like he’s an integral part of the team. He could be and should be and would be such a massive shame and 100% he’ll tear it up at Bristol City and give us a scare.
I’d be confident we’d bring somebody of good quality to replace him but I really hope he gets a chance to shin from until the new year
Even if he goes to Bristol City or Forest who's to say he will get a regular game there? BC have the likes of Diedhiou and Weimann scoring regularly, Forest have Grabban. He could probably be a starter at one of the lower clubs like Barnsley or Wigan but would he want to swap us for one of them? I doubt it. His time will definitely come with us this season, we all know that Bamford's form is streaky, but he and Arsenal just need to be patient.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

People seem to be attaching too much significance to Eddie's u23 scoring record but how strong were the teams he faced. International footy has a lot of poor teams, just look at how many goals Kane and England scored. Our U23s would likely have thrashed a lot of the national youth sides too but it doesn't mean they are all world beaters too.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:29 am People seem to be attaching too much significance to Eddie's u23 scoring record but how strong were the teams he faced. International footy has a lot of poor teams, just look at how many goals Kane and England scored. Our U23s would likely have thrashed a lot of the national youth sides too but it doesn't mean they are all world beaters too.
You only have to look at our very own Edmondson who is knocking in goals for fun against the likes of Barnsley 23's

I watched him a couple of times v higher level cup U23's opposition & he looked like a fish out of water.

Needs to go out on loan to a L1/L2 club which is the plan I'm led to believe to see if he can handle League football & for his own development of course!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:48 am You only have to look at our very own Edmondson who is knocking in goals for fun against the likes of Barnsley 23's

I watched him a couple of times v higher level cup U23's opposition & he looked like a fish out of water.

Needs to go out on loan to a L1/L2 club which is the plan I'm led to believe to see if he can handle League football & for his own development of course!
You have to remember Ryan Edmondson is still a very young man (only 18) and still learning his trade but has been the U23's main striker for a couple of years now already. He's come a long way in a short space of time. Being a good finisher comes naturally, you can either do it or you can't and the better players you play with the more chances to score you will have.
It's pretty clear that Bielsa has no plans to use him this season so some regular game time and experience in L1 or L2 is the next best option. He certainly has the physical attributes to cope with it.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:50 am Even if he goes to Bristol City or Forest who's to say he will get a regular game there? BC have the likes of Diedhiou and Weimann scoring regularly, Forest have Grabban. He could probably be a starter at one of the lower clubs like Barnsley or Wigan but would he want to swap us for one of them? I doubt it. His time will definitely come with us this season, we all know that Bamford's form is streaky, but he and Arsenal just need to be patient.
He would start at nearly every other side in the league
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

dezzy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 am He would start at nearly every other side in the league
I doubt it.