Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread - Phillips in for Alioski

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Hull City
Leeds United
Leeds United
2–0
Championship
10/12/2019
Elland Road
Hull City
Hull City
All-time record vs Hull City
57
Played
27
Won
15
Drawn
15
Lost
+29
GD
47%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
29
Played
18
Won
7
Drawn
4
Lost
+30
GD
62%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
29/12/2018 Elland Road 0–2 L Championship ↗
02/10/2018 KCOM Stadium 0–1 W Championship ↗
30/01/2018 KCOM Stadium 0–0 D Championship ↗
23/12/2017 Elland Road 1–0 W Championship ↗
23/04/2016 Kingston Communications Stadium 2–2 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Hull City
#PlayerGoals
1 John Charles 9
2 Jack Swan 6
3 Ian Baird 5
4 Harold Brook 4
5 Tyler Roberts 3
Starting XI
Goa Casilla
Def Ayling ©
Def White
Def Berardi
Def Dallas
Mid Phillips
Mid Hernandez
Mid Klich
Mid Costa
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Alioski
SUB Struijk
SUB Douglas
Unused Substitutes
-- Miazek
-- Nketiah
-- Gotts
-- Clarke
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:28 pm <cough> Casey <cough>. Keep Bowen quiet and we will be ok.
Agree we must not give Bowen the space we handed him last season

As for Casey I like the look of the kid from what I've seen of him in the U23's & his cameo at Huddersfield.

I just can't see Bielsa risking Oliver in the first team for 90 minutes, once Cooper returns I doubt he'll even make the bench.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Reckon KP will reclaim his corner kicking duties tomorrow?

Hope not lately I have been a few degrees short of hopeful when we get a corner. But before the Boro game I was nervous as it usually gave the oppo a cance to hit us on the break.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by rrfierce »

I'm surprised Struijk hasn't had a chance at CB yet. Think berardi will leave in the summer and casey or struijk will be backup for cooper with a view to replacing ben white when he goes back to brighton.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

rrfierce wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am I'm surprised Struijk hasn't had a chance at CB yet. Think berardi will leave in the summer and casey or struijk will be backup for cooper with a view to replacing ben white when he goes back to brighton.
We'll need better than that in the premiership especially if we fail to retain Ben White
User avatar
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by rrfierce »

KIKO
AYLING WHITE BERARDI ALIOSKI
COSTA HERNANDEZ PHILLIPS KITCH HARRISON
BAMFORD
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

rrfierce wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 am KIKO
AYLING WHITE BERARDI ALIOSKI
COSTA HERNANDEZ PHILLIPS KITCH HARRISON
BAMFORD
Unsure who will drop out but if I was pushed for tonight's line-up I go for your predicted team RR
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

rrfierce wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 am KIKO
AYLING WHITE BERARDI ALIOSKI
COSTA HERNANDEZ PHILLIPS KITCH HARRISON
BAMFORD
This seems most logical, but my definition of that word has been open to interpretation since Bielsa came aboard. Not saying he's illogical by any means but he definitely thinks outside the box and I never know quite what to expect.
gessa

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by gessa »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:07 pm I think it comes down to a choice of Ayling or Dallas at rb. I'm more of a fan of Dallas, but I expect Bielsa will go with Ayling.

Ditto
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

Don't know why but I'm unusually very nervous about this game. Maybe its because they beat us at ER last season after a long winning run or it's the thought of facing Bowen and his beanpole allies or because we have a good lead over 3rd place and worried we'll get chaced down , dunno, but I do have a horrible feeling about this one. C'mon lads do the business tonight !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Don't forget folks, those of you with SKY it's on the red button
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 pm Reckon KP will reclaim his corner kicking duties tomorrow?

Hope not lately I have been a few degrees short of hopeful when we get a corner. But before the Boro game I was nervous as it usually gave the oppo a cance to hit us on the break.
I thought Pablo did quite a creditable job with them in the last game.
gessa

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 pm Don't forget folks, those of you with SKY it's on the red button

I'm using Sky Ireland, so it's on the green button.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm using SKY tory..so blue button for me
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by paddy parrott »

I'm staring at the sky wondering ..what might be..
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

I have the nerfed version of sky via talktalk so I will be on the scrounge looking for a link.

Was there many to choose from on Saturday
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by Jay »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:12 pm I have the nerfed version of sky via talktalk so I will be on the scrounge looking for a link.

Was there many to choose from on Saturday
Also on the scrounge.. the link i was using on saturday went down early second half. I think it was shared too much and they blocked it
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Uaaantidtled-3.jpg
Uaaantidtled-3.jpg (453.86 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by onemoreslogan »

C'mon boys!

(I would have dropped Alio too, easier to sub him in than Berardi)
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Hull City Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

When is Roberts due back ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply