The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Tuesday 14th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Clarke to sign with QPR, just in time for Saturday

Will Jack Clarke come back to haunt us? We won't have to wait long to find out! The 19 year old looks set to join QPR just in time to face the Whites on Saturday at Loftus Road. To say the York born winger has a point to prove is an understatement. Was he given an opportunity to prove his worth under Bielsa - absolutely not! Whilst its fair to question Clarke's attitude since his £10m transfer to Spurs, I look at Bielsa and see an incredible Manager, with tunnelled vision.

Exactly the same goes with Nketiah. Whilst he was banging in multiple goals for England, he was unable to displace Bamford on a 10 game drought. Is anybody surprised when he was given his debut on the 29th December, he looked disinterested?

Will Bielsa's blinkered approach cost Leeds dearly in the second half of the season?

Leeds beat off competition for City ace

Manchester City winger Ian Poveda is set to undergo a Leeds United medical this week.

The 19 year old was in Italy last weekend with his father considering his options. Serie A outfits Torino and Parma have both expressed their desire to sign the England U20 winger, but it seems Bielsa's relationship with Pep Guardiola has given the Whites the edge.

Poveda is a left sided winger. Although born in London, both his parents are Columbian. He close to represent England at U16 level, and has been consistently picked for the three Lions ever since.

Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

According to Leeds journalist Beren Cross, Saints Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl and his Southampton bosses met today for a transfer summit to discuss Che Adams. An outcome is expected today, but with two weeks until the transfer window slams shuts, viable targets are disappearing daily.

Brewster has signed for Swansea and the Blades have denied us access to speak to Billy Sharp! Is anybody else of the opinion that signing Billy Sharp would be scraping the barrel?

Well, if we don't manage to capture Adams, it is likely that Leeds will turn their attention to veteran striker David McGoldrick. The 32 year old has yet to score for the Blades in 19 appearances, though he has contributed two assists!

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dificult to feel like were not going to end up in the Dan James situation again, all our eggs in one basket.

I hope they aren't, I hope we have other plans.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

Post by Ellandback1 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 am Dificult to feel like were not going to end up in the Dan James situation again, all our eggs in one basket.

I hope they aren't, I hope we have other plans.
Morning YS,

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe it was always Leeds intention to wait until the last minute to unveil James.

If they wanted to get the deal done sooner, they could have done. The Swansea director only stepped in at the last minute.

There's nothing like a marquee signing, unless its a last minute marquee signing (all singing, all dancing).

The extra hype it would have generated, would have put Radrizzani on top of a pedestal.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

At best I think JC can expect a seat on the bench for QPR by the time the deal goes through he’ll only have limited training with them and has he hasn’t played hardly any first team football they’d be mad to through him straight in

I don’t like Bambi think at best he’s your striker on the bench and Adams is definitely a better option but Sharp or McGoldrick as the fall back please no Bambi is a better option than them :shock:

Wish we’d keep all these transfers under the radar, get them done early doors with a big announcement rather than all this rumour and miss info with an end result of .... we just missed out on 3 key signing they were definitely coming but the chairman/manager of ....... put a stop to it :evil: :rant:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good morning!

If Jack Clarke thinks he's too big for Leeds, but is motivated to play for QPR, then good luck to him. If we can't defend his one trick move, which we have seen over and over again, then that's our look out. Today QPR, tomorrow MKDons.

I think all this speculation that Bielsa is 'stubborn', or Radz is 'tight', or 'showing off', is a load of rubbish, personally. For one thing, we aren't privy to any of the decision making processes to make such a judgment, and for another, it would presume a level of incompetence which is totally at odds with the performance of the club since they came in.

I think they are capable people, doing their best for the club within the constraints of the situation we're in. They will make mistakes and be unlucky sometimes, but that's life.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Clarke faded towards the end of his time at Leeds, he wasn't even making it into the Under 23s during his loan. Not sure he is in a position to step straight into a Championship first team.

That said, he'll probably prove me wrong.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Can't see adams coming - we need to move on.

Who's this John Guidetti lad?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am Good morning!

If Jack Clarke thinks he's too big for Leeds, but is motivated to play for QPR, then good luck to him. If we can't defend his one trick move, which we have seen over and over again, then that's our look out. Today QPR, tomorrow MKDons.

I think all this speculation that Bielsa is 'stubborn', or Radz is 'tight', or 'showing off', is a load of rubbish, personally. For one thing, we aren't privy to any of the decision making processes to make such a judgment, and for another, it would presume a level of incompetence which is totally at odds with the performance of the club since they came in.

I think they are capable people, doing their best for the club within the constraints of the situation we're in. They will make mistakes and be unlucky sometimes, but that's life.
Cracking post
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

Clarke will be nullified by Barry 'you wont get past me' Douglas, or whatever other defensive genius we have on the left. Only Eze to worry about then. I think where Clarke has cost us this season is that he has taken up a loan slot which then hasnt been used. ( Like Meslier) But he was shown the bright lights of London and handed a nice pay rise, so that has probably turned his head.

The City kid, seems like a petulant chap. I hope he gets sent litter picking .If we sign him is it a loaner.

Replacement for Eddie, Che seems to be our only option. Today will tell. If the Southampton manager makes his case that he is needed then that is it. But there us nothing in it for them, unless they are facing relegation. What about the Watford lad, Andre Gray.They are coming down..

Bielsas stubborn streak, some on here try to defend him, but he admits it. He was unable to adapt his theories to incorporate a talent we are finding so hard to replace. Eds' goal vs Preston was sublime, when you consider the game situation and the fact he was off the bench.

We are missing him already.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I watched Andre Gray a lot during the season he got 30 goals at Luton in the Conference. I said we should sign him then, and I'd be happy to have him now.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

What about taking a punt on Peterborough's Ivan Toney? Not exactly a 'stellar' signing I know but with 15 goals in 24 games this season he could be a useful squad addition if nothing else.
Apparently Charlton are set to make a bid for him.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 am Morning YS,

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe it was always Leeds intention to wait until the last minute to unveil James.

If they wanted to get the deal done sooner, they could have done. The Swansea director only stepped in at the last minute.

There's nothing like a marquee signing, unless its a last minute marquee signing (all singing, all dancing).

The extra hype it would have generated, would have put Radrizzani on top of a pedestal.
I would doubt this completely as Dan James was fairly much unknown at the time, hardly a marquee signing. Kiko was much more of
a marquee singing having come from Real Madrid. Don't forget that on transfer deadline day I think Swansea completed 4 or 5 outgoings with just Dan James and the lad who was meant to go Villa not going through. I think we wanted to get the deal done but as shown Swansea were desperate to get the others out first and they kept stringing us along. Swansea didn't sell any other players prior to deadline day.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Away with your weasely facts!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm I would doubt this completely as Dan James was fairly much unknown at the time, hardly a marquee signing. Kiko was much more of
a marquee singing having come from Real Madrid. Don't forget that on transfer deadline day I think Swansea completed 4 or 5 outgoings with just Dan James and the lad who was meant to go Villa not going through. I think we wanted to get the deal done but as shown Swansea were desperate to get the others out first and they kept stringing us along. Swansea didn't sell any other players prior to deadline day.

Swansea needed the cash, they had a load of players ready to sign deals that day, completing the deals for others was obviously preferable to selling James. Made the right descision in the end financially didn't they? We just got causght in the middle of it all.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clarke

I still rate Jack and fully expect him to rip Douglas to bits, any hint of pace and skill and Douglas falls to bits same as Murphy did to him vs Wednesday.

Adams

Very much expect Adams to be the same as Vydra, a leaked name to get fans onside who we were never going to sign either financially or because the club wont let him go. Hope to be wrong but very suspicious of these leaked names.

Poveda

Surely even we cant mess this up?
Surely we can get one of only 3 players we apparently want over the line?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Its a little more difficult than first thought with Poveda.

Poveda is in Italy with his Dad - that much we knew.

But......

He is also there with his agent...
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

You would have thought most players would not think twice about joining a club, which on the face of it, looks like its going up to the Premiership, and at the same time, is managed by the legendary Bielsa. To be honest, if we can't persuade players to join in the position we're in now, how do other clubs manage it. Obviously we won't offer anything but the best knock-down price we can get, but I wonder if the players salaries are nothing to write home about too?.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 pm I still rate Jack and fully expect him to rip Douglas to bits, any hint of pace and skill and Douglas falls to bits same as Murphy did to him vs Wednesday.
or Alioski if he plays as a LWB
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

DavidH wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:34 pm You would have thought most players would not think twice about joining a club, which on the face of it, looks like its going up to the Premiership, and at the same time, is managed by the legendary Bielsa. To be honest, if we can't persuade players to join in the position we're in now, how do other clubs manage it. Obviously we won't offer anything but the best knock-down price we can get, but I wonder if the players salaries are nothing to write home about too?.
I would suggest the fact that we appear to be starting to fall apart again, coupled more importantly with the fact that Bielsa usually takes a long time before allowing new joiners into the starting line up/is very stubborn in relation to changing the starting eleven could be big factors. Loan signings want to go somewhere where they will go straight into the team - tbh I wouldn't join Leeds for 6 months on loan as you would hardly play unless if lucky with opportunities/injuries.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I need to start a who wants Bielsa out poll....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"