January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion-No More signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion

Post by rrfierce »

I wonder if we're looking at karlan grant ?! Should be available for well under £10m . Are any championship teams really going to loan us a player out though?

Tbh I'd be happy with a decent championship striker. fcuk all this talk of Turkish club players with attitude problems

I think Gayle is probably the best bet now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rrfierce wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 pm I wonder if we're looking at karlan grant ?! Should be available for well under £10m . Are any championship teams really going to loan us a player out though?

Tbh I'd be happy with a decent championship striker. fcuk all this talk of Turkish club players with attitude problems

I think Gayle is probably the best bet now
Grant would be ideal.

Young, very similar to Adams, versatile.

And far far more then Radz would spend unless Huddersfield would do a loan to buy and that wont happen.

Gayle is very similar to Eddie imo, i doubt MB would use him and definitely wouldn't want him for the £20mil obligation to buy Newcastle want.

Similar to Andre Grey, not prem class.

Imo as i think Adams has been a waste of time and same as Vydra i think the club had to be seen to make the effort to sign him since MB wanted him but i doubt we ever had a a chance.

Now the club have to find someone similar.

Young enough to improve, versatile with a similar skill set.

That isnt Grey or Gayle imo and i cant think who it is.

We need someone who MB thinks can play with Bamford.

That wont be easy and natural number 9s like Gayle and Grey arent that sort of player.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Heard there's a board meeting today to discuss how they're going to drag this out another 2 weeks and make it look like they're doing their best to get a striker in.
Do we really need one considering we have half a dozen keepers ? Surely one or two of those can be converted.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm Has Radz done a cracking job though?

From what I can see his business plan is on the brink of failing and leaving us in a mess.

Radz got Orta in on the basis that Orta is meant to be able to find gems cheaply who will be sold at a profit to help run and fund the club, that hasn't happened.

None of the kids Orta has found have done that, the ones who have properly broken through were all here before Radz and before Orta, Clarke, Shacks even Gotts.

Not one signing Orta has found has been sold for good money, Vieira, Roofe, Jansson, all here before.

The money the club have wasted is astronomical, Nketiah, Brown, Baker, De Bock, Cibicki, Grot, Anita, Ideguchi, Ekuban, Blackman, Wiedwald, Bouy, Gomes, Lassie, Halme, Pennington, Borthwick- Jackson, the list goes on and on of players who we lost money on.

Even Saiz we sold at a loss.

The wage bill has gone through the roof, the club is close to ffp limit despite Radz officially having the lowest net spend of any Chairmen in recent memory (and refusing to put money in to allow us to raise the ffp limit), that doesn't sound like a well run club to me.

The club have currently got 3 key players who were here before Radz and Orta that they haven't replaced.
Roofe- not replaced
Vieira- not replaced
Jansson - not replaced (Ben White is a loan, we don't own him so he cant count as an actual replacement for an asset imo)

If the club isn't promoted the club will still have a far higher wage bill then before, less assets then they had before Radz arrived and seemingly no money to buy more partly because the club have wasted so much money (something radz himself has admitted).

The best thing Radz has done is get in Bielsa, 100% credit for that.

But we don't seem to be a well run club if we need to bring in £30mil to survive.
We don't have many assets left because we now run a buy to loan policy
We have lost a lot of money and so far not one of the pet projects of Orta has paid off to help us bring some money in.

radz gets a lot of credit for MB but imo people are ignoring the absolute mess we could be in at the end of the season.

Very few assets left, a massive wage bill and a squad that will be beyond paper thin.
Overall I think hes been great for the club, lets not forget the mess the club was in before he bought it from Massimo, he also spent 30 mill plus to buy the ground back. Spent money on Bielsa and filled the ground with optimistic fans again. The fans will always want more, nothings will ever be good enough. Lets face it if we get promoted we will move on to moaning about something else, like not staying up or finishing in the top ten, or extending the ground to get more fans in. Point is people will never be happy. Personally I would much rather Radz be in change with his passion and enthusiasm rather than some dick who could careless about football or the club and using it for there own business. Look what happened to Bury for example. We clearly need investment and I believe Radz is working hard behind the scenes to secure it, the BIG question is what happens if we dont go up this year. Will we still be invested in? Will MB stay? But at the same time we cant go balls deep and risk dept this window in the case we dont go up as next few season would be a bigger disaster. Sunderland and modern day Leeds Utd. I'd rather stick to the Championship for a couple more seasons than go down that road "again" thanks.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:45 am Overall I think hes been great for the club, lets not forget the mess the club was in before he bought it from Massimo, he also spent 30 mill plus to buy the ground back. Spent money on Bielsa and filled the ground with optimistic fans again. The fans will always want more, nothings will ever be good enough. Lets face it if we get promoted we will move on to moaning about something else, like not staying up or finishing in the top ten, or extending the ground to get more fans in. Point is people will never be happy. Personally I would much rather Radz be in change with his passion and enthusiasm rather than some dick who could careless about football or the club and using it for there own business. Look what happened to Bury for example. We clearly need investment and I believe Radz is working hard behind the scenes to secure it, the BIG question is what happens if we dont go up this year. Will we still be invested in? Will MB stay? But at the same time we cant go balls deep and risk dept this window in the case we dont go up as next few season would be a bigger disaster. Sunderland and modern day Leeds Utd. I'd rather stick to the Championship for a couple more seasons than go down that road "again" thanks.
This 👏🏻
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Azkalwhite wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:16 am This 👏🏻
That.
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 amThat.
Ditto :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

[YouTube][/YouTube]
Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm Has Radz done a cracking job though?

From what I can see his business plan is on the brink of failing and leaving us in a mess.

Radz got Orta in on the basis that Orta is meant to be able to find gems cheaply who will be sold at a profit to help run and fund the club, that hasn't happened.

None of the kids Orta has found have done that, the ones who have properly broken through were all here before Radz and before Orta, Clarke, Shacks even Gotts.

Not one signing Orta has found has been sold for good money, Vieira, Roofe, Jansson, all here before.

The money the club have wasted is astronomical, Nketiah, Brown, Baker, De Bock, Cibicki, Grot, Anita, Ideguchi, Ekuban, Blackman, Wiedwald, Bouy, Gomes, Lassie, Halme, Pennington, Borthwick- Jackson, the list goes on and on of players who we lost money on.

Even Saiz we sold at a loss.

The wage bill has gone through the roof, the club is close to ffp limit despite Radz officially having the lowest net spend of any Chairmen in recent memory (and refusing to put money in to allow us to raise the ffp limit), that doesn't sound like a well run club to me.

The club have currently got 3 key players who were here before Radz and Orta that they haven't replaced.
Roofe- not replaced
Vieira- not replaced
Jansson - not replaced (Ben White is a loan, we don't own him so he cant count as an actual replacement for an asset imo)

If the club isn't promoted the club will still have a far higher wage bill then before, less assets then they had before Radz arrived and seemingly no money to buy more partly because the club have wasted so much money (something radz himself has admitted).

The best thing Radz has done is get in Bielsa, 100% credit for that.

But we don't seem to be a well run club if we need to bring in £30mil to survive.
We don't have many assets left because we now run a buy to loan policy
We have lost a lot of money and so far not one of the pet projects of Orta has paid off to help us bring some money in.

radz gets a lot of credit for MB but imo people are ignoring the absolute mess we could be in at the end of the season.

Very few assets left, a massive wage bill and a squad that will be beyond paper thin.
Absolutely spot on Cjay, some may say he's been the best owner we've had for a long time. That's no great feat considering all the shysters we've had previously.

I also can't understand the praise and romance of Orta, he's been pretty atrocious as far.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Overman wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm [YouTube][/YouTube]

Absolutely spot on Cjay, some may say he's been the best owner we've had for a long time. That's no great feat considering all the shysters we've had previously.

I also can't understand the praise and romance of Orta, he's been pretty atrocious as far.
Thanks, welcome to the forum :) :)

Wise man
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Just listened to Bielsa's press conference when a reporter got more than he bargained for
when he ask if Bielsa was too demanding... the inference being that he might fighten
people off during the transfer window or that he is too choosey in who he wants and therefore
makes it difficult to get new players in,

Another very long answer from Bielsa - asked if he is a demanding coach..

It was Victor who built this team who are second in the table (and goes on to list every player
that was already at the club when he came) and I accepted all the options Victor gave me.
After last season Leeds sold players for 30 million pounds I took 30 players off the books,
and you know that, because we talk a lot about it. We did that because we want to comply wth the
rules of FFP (he then hinted that other clubs try to circumvent the rules by doing dodgy deals.
We obey the rules that the federation puts on the Championship, and the President of the club
has built a club that is an example as to how things should be done. This is the way that the club works
and we have a team with more stability.

There speaks an honest man who does not want to achieve success by breaking the rules.
Not a Machiavelli who wants success by any means possible. And therein lie the rub, since I
suspect that after so many years in the wilderness fans want to use desperate measures to get
back the "promised land," and when their dreams remain unfulfilled, frustration is the end
result.

We should remind ourselves that of all the people who escaped the bondage of Egypt
(the Championship) only two of them (Joshua and Caleb) entered the promised land,
and that was because they were just and upright, the rest perished having to suffer the
wilderness for 40 years.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Some information on our situation ffp wise (makes my head hurt)

Click the link and scroll down, quite a few parts to it.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

LevLeeds wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:45 am Overall I think hes been great for the club, lets not forget the mess the club was in before he bought it from Massimo, he also spent 30 mill plus to buy the ground back. Spent money on Bielsa and filled the ground with optimistic fans again. The fans will always want more, nothings will ever be good enough. Lets face it if we get promoted we will move on to moaning about something else, like not staying up or finishing in the top ten, or extending the ground to get more fans in. Point is people will never be happy. Personally I would much rather Radz be in change with his passion and enthusiasm rather than some dick who could careless about football or the club and using it for there own business. Look what happened to Bury for example. We clearly need investment and I believe Radz is working hard behind the scenes to secure it, the BIG question is what happens if we dont go up this year. Will we still be invested in? Will MB stay? But at the same time we cant go balls deep and risk dept this window in the case we dont go up as next few season would be a bigger disaster. Sunderland and modern day Leeds Utd. I'd rather stick to the Championship for a couple more seasons than go down that road "again" thanks.
Nice well thought out post :tup:
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Just read that Sheffield Wednesday are trying to sell 10 years season tickets for 4500 pounds.
Well that is one way of getting around the FFP rules.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Lots of talk of us trying to buy Bowen again...
gessa

Post by gessa »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:38 pm Lots of talk of us trying to buy Bowen again...
£3m now and a further £12m if we go up is what I've read.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 pm £3m now and a further £12m if we go up is what I've read.
Bowen would be a sensational signing for us.

I've heard 'ull value him around the £15m mark so you never know!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"Hi Hull, could we borrow your best player for the rest of the season please".

Cant see it, doubt its true and even if it is it will never happen.

Also Watford have ruled out Andre Grey leaving.
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote: £3m now and a further £12m if we go up is what I've read.
What if we don't go up ?

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:56 pm What if we don't go up ?

Then he's cost £3m to loan but absolutely no idea if any of that is true, just posting what i read.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay