Marcelo Bielsa Pre Sheffield Wendnesday Press Conference (With Interpretations)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Pre Sheffield Wendnesday Press Conference (With Interpretations)

Post by Dietkebab »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 am Bamford's Championship record

8 in 14 starts for Derby
17 in 32 starts for Boro

Then a year benchwarming in the prem

12 in 25 starts for Boro
13 in 28 starts for Leeds

So for Championship clubs 50 in 99 starts and fairly consistent every season just a little over or a little under 1 goal per 2 starts.

I would suggest that is a proven championship striker.
That is skewing the numbers. How many games has he actually played and goals please?

State the actual facts and we’ll see how his stats hold up then. We both know not very well.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Marcelo Bielsa Pre Sheffield Wendnesday Press Conference (With Interpretations)

Post by Doire_Boi »

Although Bamford frustrates me, we are second in the league with the best defense. I'll stick with it. Using Eddie as an impact striker is working at times but I think he should always come on around the 60 minute mark if we are not already winning.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

I honestly don't see how any Leeds supporter can turn on Bielsa. Disagree with him on details fine, but after the pageant of incompetence and dreck we've endured for more than a decade the idea of losing him terrifies me.

He can name his team months in advance for every match and start Bamford even if he never finds the net again for all I care.

I've seen enough managers in the last five years alone to know we've got one very much worth keeping. Whatever his flaws and follies.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Dietkebab wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm That is skewing the numbers. How many games has he actually played and goals please?

State the actual facts and we’ll see how his stats hold up then. We both know not very well.
How is it skewing the facts? Yes he will have made some appearances as a substitute but unlikely that most would be for more than a handful of minutes, 45 maximum. But equally he will have been subbed off as well so likely that cancels itself out.

Take this season for Leeds as an example and a couple of times he has been subbed off at half time, so whilst it counts as a match it is only in effect half a match. His minutes this season in the league equate to less than 11 matches so that would easily balance out sub appearances if he had come on as a sub in a few matches. If you take the fact he has 4 goals in the equivalent of less than 11 matches this season then he is only really 1 1/2 goals behind his career average.
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab »

weasel wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:49 pm How is it skewing the facts? Yes he will have made some appearances as a substitute but unlikely that most would be for more than a handful of minutes, 45 maximum. But equally he will have been subbed off as well so likely that cancels itself out.

Take this season for Leeds as an example and a couple of times he has been subbed off at half time, so whilst it counts as a match it is only in effect half a match. His minutes this season in the league equate to less than 11 matches so that would easily balance out sub appearances if he had come on as a sub in a few matches. If you take the fact he has 4 goals in the equivalent of less than 11 matches this season then he is only really 1 1/2 goals behind his career average.
Told ya. He’s shite and there is no defending him apart from the fact he runs hard 😂