Breaking news - Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Breaking news - Casilla

Post by The Subhuman »

8 match ban for Kiko and 60K fine

shocking
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Breaking news - Casilla

Post by Ratscoot »

Ridiculous but may even save our season Spiderboy to the rescue
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Club statement.

Leeds United acknowledges that Kiko Casilla has been found guilty of breaching FA Rule E3 during our Sky Bet Championship game with Charlton Athletic in September 2019.

Casilla has been banned for 8 games following the verdict from the FA.

We would like to make it clear that we do not tolerate any form of discrimination within our football club and we are a leader in the fight against discrimination within our wider community.

However, it is important to recognise that Kiko has always denied making any racist comment.

The FA panel have based their decision on the balance of probability rather than proving Kiko to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt, which we have always believed is the more appropriate burden of proof.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Disgraceful that they can do this without proof, just probability, that they think they are above the law.
I wish Kiko or the club would take it to the high court.
Last edited by gessa on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Announced at 7pm on a Friday before a game, over a week after the whole thing concluded. Disgusting. As for the charge, I’m sure he said something, but I’m also sure he didn’t intend offence.
I’m glad he finished the season with 3 clean sheets, as he won’t play again because Meisler will be too good to drop :P
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So 'mark that black man in Spanish' is racist

Why am I not surprised by the FA actions
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Contemptible on the part of the FA.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote:Disgraceful that they can do this without proof, just probability, that they think they are above the law.
I wish Kiko or the club would take it to the high court.
Without a doubt. If I was Kiko I would take it as far as it needs to go. Who the f*** do they think they are . Take them on Kiko !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Why is always Friday night?

This stuff should be done a couple of days before matches, ruins your preparation.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd imagine we knew a bit earlier before it was announced..Probably yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Meslier but it's not great to lose you goalkeeper at anytime. Meslier is very young
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Can't Kiko appeal the decision and the bann put on hold until there is a definitive judgement from the appeals court. I don't think anybody want their copy book stained by being branded as a racist. It seems very unjust that a man is condemned on a probability. Charge me as an arsonist cos I have a box of matches and there is the probability that I might start a fire. Surely you need to look into a person's character and how they have behaved in the past before you can draw conclusions. If anyone has brought the game into disrepute it is the kangeroo court that is the FA/EFL.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We won't need to trigger the payment though as Kiko will be back as soon as he can
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

The 'balance of probability' as opposed to 'beyond reasonable doubt' :roll:

I'm in way condoning any form of racism, but it seems that if an accusation is made it is very difficult, if not impossible to defend yourself irrespective of the seeming lack of any substantive evidence.

However, if he did say 'it' then it's deserved and doesn't reflect well on our club.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Pathetic. How can someone be found guilty with no real evidence and just base it on "probability" ? Surely that would not stand up in any court ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hypothetically if this was Harry Kane accused would the FA have come to the same conclusion? (No way suggesting Harry is racist or anything).

Balance of probability.

Absolutely mad they can brand someone a racist based on probability is ludicrous.

As Kiko says, absolutely fully support prosecution in any walk of life to eliminate racism.

But based on probability is so unfair.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

As others have said, without wishing to pass judgement if Kiko feels he is innocent it’s a no brainer to take this to a court of law. In this day and age it seems out of step and incongruous for an organisation to operate like the FA does. One could argue with some legitimacy that they themselves are operating outside the law by denying Kiko a fair hearing.

Must be challenged.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

We haven't seen the details yet, they will come out next week. We can pass judgement on Kiko and his future at the club. For the moment all we can do is put our full support behind Illan Meslier.
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by apollo »

Unfortunately it comes down to the word of a black player vs the word of a white player. In the current climate there is only one way it is going to go. That's not a racist statement but it's a lot easier to punish Kiko than say the black player was mistaken
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Regardless of his colour, Kiko will have the last laugh on the final day when we are confirmed as champions and they are confirmed as relegated.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk