Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Hull site (fair commentary) & LUTV extended highlights up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Meslier and Phillips Start

Post by Irish Ian »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm oh dear , what a f**king drip .
You what?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Makewayforducklings wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:39 pm It is a title of a childrens book written and illustrated by Robert Mccloskey. Mum would read it to me when I was 3 and 4. The title of the book stuck with me. I think it's cute.

Hannah
Welcome Hannah to MOT :tup:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:06 pmYou what?
you know full well , calling and hopefully for paddy to be banned .

wrong un .
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:08 pm Would appear Hull weren't at the races today.....
Very good Weasel :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oops someone else that will have to keep his valid and valued opinions to himself ...
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

#BeKind
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

#Rewind
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:19 pm you know full well , calling and hopefully for paddy to be banned .

wrong un .
He is

Are you only noticing that now?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:27 pm Oops someone else that will have to keep his valid and valued opinions to himself ...
No, he’s been awful in front of goal all season. Just some are ridiculous in their criticism of the guy. Not his fault hes picked every game and isn’t up to it. The abuse he’s gotten this season it’s no wonder he’s frightened of the ball in the box.
Not saying he’s been abused on here much, but just can’t see the toxic abuse our players are subjected to, no wonder so many come here and fail yet go on to other clubs and do well.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

West Brom losing is a huge plus. Drags them back into it, rather than running away.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 pmHeck would have loved to have had him...4 more Heck wins imo had Klich not be loaned to Holland (has everyone forgotten that)
Well thank God he didn't. I dread to think where we'd be right now if we'd kept him on and not hired Bielsa.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The lethargic first half was probably down to playing Wednesday evening and then Saturday morning. I thought Hull would tire second half as they threw everything into the first half.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:24 pm No, he’s been awful in front of goal all season. Just some are ridiculous in their criticism of the guy. Not his fault hes picked every game and isn’t up to it. The abuse he’s gotten this season it’s no wonder he’s frightened of the ball in the box.
Not saying he’s been abused on here much, but just can’t see the toxic abuse our players are subjected to, no wonder so many come here and fail yet go on to other clubs and do well.
Don't believe that for a second to be honest...as far as I can tell he's had a very good reception from the crowds at the games for the most part..
gessa

Post by gessa »

He has from the terraces but forums, twitter, face book etc, he's had dogs abuse.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:30 pm Well thank God he didn't. I dread to think where we'd be right now if we'd kept him on and not hired Bielsa.
Difficult to disagree, was a fortuitous happenstance that MB got the job. But equally valid he got f**k all chance here with all his players out of condition, or injured. confidence shot to pieces by an inept manager, his creative mid pissed off with the world and suspended and his best player plying his trade in a different country..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 pm He has from the terraces but forums, twitter, face book etc, he's had dogs abuse.
I don't read twitter or facebook..how difficult would it be for Bamford not to?
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:18 pm He is

Are you only noticing that now?

like i've said , your a wrong un.

i'm willing to meet up and say that to your face ??
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:50 pm He has from the terraces but forums, twitter, face book etc, he's had dogs abuse.
I don't read twitter or facebook..how difficult would it be for Bamford not to? Has he been boo'd off the pitch by our fans ..not heard such to be honest but it may get filtered out.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:48 pm Don't believe that for a second to be honest...as far as I can tell he's had a very good reception from the crowds at the games for the most part..
Fabulous reception from the fans at games, which makes it all the worse that celebration of covering his ears and the fact he seems to be the only fan who doesn’t clap the fans hands when coming off the bus. It’s the online abuse he’s gotten that he seems to try and block out and prove wrong that’s got him. Seems to try and block everything out and isn’t in the moment and he’s lost any ability to strike a ball with instinct or take a chance or attack things. Sad to see as I do believe he is a good player and a good bloke. Works his socks off for the club and has been our only striker for large parts of the season, has taken a lot of pressure and I think he’s cracked. His conversion rate over the year has probably got worse and worse. Glad to see Roberts get two today as he’s more likely to start that Augustin. Bamford needs time out of the team and has never been afforded that. He’s helped us get to where we are and I’m surprised at your reaction towards him tbh as your normally quite rational in your view
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 pm Difficult to disagree, was a fortuitous happenstance that MB got the job. But equally valid he got f**k all chance here with all his players out of condition, or injured. confidence shot to pieces by an inept manager, his creative mid pissed off with the world and suspended and his best player plying his trade in a different country..
Left Barnsley with 1 in 16, sacked by Hibs. A dreadful manager who should never have been here in the first place.