Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Denman »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 am The Cheltenham Festival is my favourite sporting event of the year, nothing comes close imo!

No doubt I'll be making comments as the races unfold on our horse racing tipping topic. Hopefully I can pick out several goodies, I can't see me beating 2019's haul of winners but I'll be giving it a go!

Enjoy your time in the Cotswolds Denman :horse:
Cheers buddy. I’ll be keeping in touch with the forum while I’m over there, so you’ll know how I’m doing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155241
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

Denman wrote: ↑Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 pm Cheers buddy. I’ll be keeping in touch with the forum while I’m over there, so you’ll know how I’m doing.
Good man :tup:
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Cjay »

Confirmed cases are rising rapidly now on a daily basis.

How awful that we may win promotion and the game that we do it in may be played behind closed doors :( :(

Fully expect the season to end with matches played in front of nobody. :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155241
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:36 pm Confirmed cases are rising rapidly now on a daily basis.

How awful that we may win promotion and the game that we do it in may be played behind closed doors :( :(

Fully expect the season to end with matches played in front of nobody. :(
My fears before the dreaded virus hit the UK Cjay

Football fans are not the cleanest people on earth, washing their hands is alien to many of them :shock:

Bl**dy typical :(
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Coronavirus

Post by hector »

08ACD034-F3E2-49F7-AA49-339F2E682189.jpeg
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 pm My fears before the dreaded virus hit the UK Cjay

Football fans are not the cleanest people on earth, washing their hands is alien to many of them :shock:

Bl**dy typical :(
Maybe a new chant would help.

When the virus hit we had a little think.
We then took our hands and put them in the sink.
We washed them with the hot we washed them with the cold.
And when we win the Championship we will wash them till they look old.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155241
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:16 pm Maybe a new chant would help.

When the virus hit we had a little think.
We then took our hands and put them in the sink.
We washed them with the hot we washed them with the cold.
And when we win the Championship we will wash them till they look old.
:lol: :lol:

Some of the things I witnessed is absolutely disgusting, you wouldn't expect animals to behave like some of the human race.

Fancy the government having to campaign the importance of washing ones hands, something that should be natural to everyone, we live in a dirty unhygienic society :(
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Coronavirus

Post by hector »

Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155241
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 pm essentials shortage in Doncaster

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/05/corona ... 6486364bf6
At least the Donny folk are not buying what we consider essentials :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155241
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 pm essentials shortage in Doncaster

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/05/corona ... 6486364bf6
At least the Donny folk are not buying what we consider essentials :lol:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Coronavirus

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 pm essentials shortage in Doncaster

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/05/corona ... 6486364bf6
Cheeky sod lol. I'm from Balby, started reading it and thought OMG and then saw Newsthump :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Coronavirus

Post by hector »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:56 pm Cheeky sod lol. I'm from Balby, started reading it and thought OMG and then saw Newsthump :lol: :bear:
:lol: :lol:

The Alverley used to be my local...........
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Coronavirus

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:08 pm :lol: :lol:

The Alverley used to be my local...........
Been in there many a time :wine: :wine: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by WhiteRose »

Is anyone considering not going tomorrow? I'm a bit of a stresser and have asthma so on the fence about it at the moment. In situ in the stands is ok but the pre game and half time toilet herd is a concern. I wonder if we will see a lower attendance.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Chilli D »

WhiteRose wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:39 am Is anyone considering not going tomorrow? I'm a bit of a stresser and have asthma so on the fence about it at the moment. In situ in the stands is ok but the pre game and half time toilet herd is a concern. I wonder if we will see a lower attendance.
Go to the loo just before kick off and a couple of minutes before half when it's less busy.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
leedsalex
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm
Location: Kavala - Greece

Re: Coronavirus

Post by leedsalex »

Planning to be there for two games (Stoke (h), Swansea(a) but booked nothing yet because of the Coronavirus. My last chance if things starting to improve will be for the last game of the season.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

if anyone does decide to give it a miss I would be happy to buy your ticket
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20748
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by whiteswan »

What I don't get is some football clubs not allowing players to shake hands, but allowing players to spit all over the pitch! Not to mention cuddles and hugs when scoring goals.....
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Coronavirus

Post by becchio bear »

Had my home grocery delivery today, had until last night to add things to the list. I had ordered a beef paste (like it on a sarnie now and then) flicked through the list to add items to it and was surprised to see it said I could only order 1 MAX of beef paste :lol: Didn't realise this was an item that was on the stock pile list..... :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20748
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:01 pm Had my home grocery delivery today, had until last night to add things to the list. I had ordered a beef paste (like it on a sarnie now and then) flicked through the list to add items to it and was surprised to see it said I could only order 1 MAX of beef paste :lol: Didn't realise this was an item that was on the stock pile list..... :duno: :bear:
:lol: Who do you use bb?
Post Reply