Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread - Phillips injured, Berardi in

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Huddersfield Town
Leeds United
Leeds United
2–0
Championship
07/03/2020
Elland Road
Huddersfield Town
Huddersfield Town
All-time record vs Huddersfield Town
82
Played
30
Won
20
Drawn
32
Lost
+3
GD
37%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
45
Played
22
Won
10
Drawn
13
Lost
+25
GD
49%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
07/12/2019 John Smiths Staidum 0–2 W Championship ↗
05/02/2017 John Smiths Staidum 2–1 L Championship ↗
10/09/2016 Elland Road 0–1 L Championship ↗
18/03/2016 Elland Road 1–4 L Championship ↗
07/11/2015 John Smiths Staidum 0–3 W Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Huddersfield Town
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 5
2 Jack Charlton 4
3 John Sheridan 3
4 Jack Milburn 3
5 Russell Wainscoat 3
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Cooper ©
Def Berardi
Def Dallas
Def White
Mid Hernandez
Mid Klich
Mid Costa
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Roberts
SUB Alioski
Unused Substitutes
-- Caprile
-- Douglas
-- Casey
-- Struijk
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by paddy parrott »

Hope you get well soon'64, if your having less pain and say general soreness in few days ..should clear sooner rather than later.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am
Location: Peterborough

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by Richard »

Three points for us, Bristol City and Millwall to do us a favour then when we beat Fulham next week we can start celebrating early :ok:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:43 pm Hope you get well soon'64, if your having less pain and say general soreness in few days ..should clear sooner rather than later.
Thank you Paddy
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:58 pm Three points for us, Bristol City and Millwall to do us a favour then when we beat Fulham next week we can start celebrating early :ok:
We mustn't lose that Fulham game
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by jindy30 »

I can watch most games via the internet as i live in the states now. However since the Bristol city game that i missed i convinced myself i was a bad omen and haven't watch a matched since. I can watch the highlights etc etc and so glad Tyler Roberts is coming good. Bamford would not have scored any of the goals he did last weekend. good luck.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20761
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:00 pm Had to cancel four bowls matches :(
Sorry to hear of your plight Leon :( ....hope you're back on track soon. On a plus side, you'll be able to join us all on MOT tomorrow afternoon :) :scar1
User avatar
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am
Location: Peterborough

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by Richard »

Yes sorry to hear you’re not well Leon, the Forest V Millwall shoreline at present will cheer you up. I can’t help but wonder how many Smith would score in this Leeds team
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13928
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 pm I've been hobbling around in pain, could hardly walk on Monday & Tuesday & after two sleepless nights I've had two sessions with a chiropractor & my leg feels much easier now. Problem is I'm unsure I could manage the kop steps or stand for 90 minutes, I'm under orders from Charlotte the chiropractor & Jill not to risk it!
So very sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 pm I've been hobbling around in pain, could hardly walk on Monday & Tuesday & after two sleepless nights I've had two sessions with a chiropractor & my leg feels much easier now. Problem is I'm unsure I could manage the kop steps or stand for 90 minutes, I'm under orders from Charlotte the chiropractor & Jill not to risk it!
Don’t risk aggravating it and keep yourself out of more games!! Hope it heals quickly 64
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by dezzy »

Have an uneasy feeling about this game, even though we’re on a great run. Big call to be made up top and if it’s Bamford I just can’t see him turning his form around. Having said that we’re better than every team in this league, depends on how we deal with the pressure of the premiership being in touching distance. Win this and we could be sitting very pretty in the table tomorrow evening
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:03 pm Sorry to hear of your plight Leon :( ....hope you're back on track soon. On a plus side, you'll be able to join us all on MOT tomorrow afternoon :) :scar1
Thanks Swannie :) I look forward to joining you all on the matchday thread
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 pm Yes sorry to hear you’re not well Leon, the Forest V Millwall shoreline at present will cheer you up. I can’t help but wonder how many Smith would score in this Leeds team
Thanks Richard

The Forest result must have given all Leeds fans a buzz

I do believe Smith had one of those games where everything went right for him
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:08 pm So very sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
Thanks John

Have a great time tomorrow, lets hope the lads put on a super show just for you :scar1
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 pm Don’t risk aggravating it and keep yourself out of more games!! Hope it heals quickly 64
Thanks Dezzy, I'm on the mend now
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13928
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 pm Thanks John

Have a great time tomorrow, lets hope the lads put on a super show just for you :scar1
Thank you!
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by onemoreslogan »

Sorry you won't be making the match 64, though it sounds like sitting this one out is the right call. Get better soon.

I think this contest will give us all a better sense of what we have in Meslier. I expect it's going to be a serious test for the kid. Hopefully he's up for it because if he falters and lets in a howler or two panic is really going to set in around the club, the media, and the supporters. As amusing as that can be sometimes, I'd prefer to avoid the turbulence right now and hold the course we've been on of late.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155334
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:00 am Sorry you won't be making the match 64, though it sounds like sitting this one out is the right call. Get better soon.
Thank you onemore :tup:
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 pm Thanks John

Have a great time tomorrow, lets hope the lads put on a super show just for you :scar1
Get well soon mate. Look on the bright side, better to get it out of the way now and get well in time to see go up in person!
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

I think we've got this. Yes, the udders have a bit of a run going but we're the best in the league and the lads are playing like they want to go up. I fancy Huddersfield for survival easily but today they're not facing mid table or playoff contenders, they're up against Leeds at Elland Road. We've got this.
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

mothbanquet wrote: ↑Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:10 am Get well soon mate. Look on the bright side, better to get it out of the way now and get well in time to see us go up in person!
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply