What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

I've had two jobs cancelled or postponed so absolutely nothing..not been out of the house in days but I do have a cold so ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 am I've had two jobs cancelled or postponed so absolutely nothing..not been out of the house in days but I do have a cold so ....
One of my clients cancelled their appointments with us for the foreseeable future due to the current circumstances, I presume the couple had just watched Boris's scaremongering speech on the six o'clock news, I expect more to come :(
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

628B75D9-E49E-424B-8F72-D93637C6317A.jpeg
hector

Post by hector »

All my appointments for today were cancelled, bit of a bugger being self employed!!

So I had to wash the car!!!!!!!!! 1st time since I bought it 18 months ago...

Bloody virus...............
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

hector wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:29 pm All my appointments for today were cancelled, bit of a bugger being self employed!!

So I had to wash the car!!!!!!!!! 1st time since I bought it 18 months ago...

Bloody virus...............
You need to wash it more regularly now while singing Happy Birthday.

With everyone self isolating that’ll be the next crisis, no car shampoo as everyone takes to washing their cars and doing the garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

4964F25B-F47C-4170-A996-A06832D8AC33.jpeg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can these places afford to shut down for 2/3 months ? It almost feels like prohibition era USA...stop anything that is fun and keeps you sane but you still have to work.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

It seems they will get compensation now that they have been ordered to shut.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ahh, I'm trying to avoid all things CV...especially government missives..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If this goes on 2/3 months I can see the murder rate climbing as we spend 24 hours a day with "loved" ones...Justifiable homicide in some cases maybe.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 pm 628B75D9-E49E-424B-8F72-D93637C6317A.jpeg
Nice, Thank You Sara
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 pm ahh, I'm trying to avoid all things CV...especially government missives..
Me too faaip....
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Given it was practically the first dry and almost sunny day of the year, in the land of seemingly perpetual rain, this afternoon I took the opportunity to get a coat of primer on the new garden gate and cut the back garden lawn. The first time it's but cut since last year so it was bloody hard work and perhaps a machete would have been easier than a Flymo :roll:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:28 pm Given it was practically the first dry and almost sunny day of the year, in the land of seemingly perpetual rain, this afternoon I took the opportunity to get a coat of primer on the new garden gate and cut the back garden lawn. The first time it's but cut since last year so it was bloody hard work and perhaps a machete would have been easier than a Flymo :roll:
It has been much drier up here Cat, consequently I've cut our lawns four times this year. Been in the garden for four hours today, now I'm suffering with a hot water bottle on my shoulder :)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Took the dog for a 2.5 mile run through the woods, trying to get fitter and loose a bit of weight during the isolation. Cut the back lawn for the first time this year, took the dogs for a walk with the wife, had dinner and now watching films

Quite a nice relaxing day really
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Walk on the beach this morning, then a takeaway chip butty from the Bay Hotel before heading back from North Yorkshire to the Peak District. Lit the fire, got the house warm, and listened to King Crimson.

It seems we have a postcode group set up to make sure everyone is ok and can get the essentials, so I'll link up with them tomorrow. The local shop is being treated sensibly, fortunately, and several local businesses have chipped in to help.

Looks like decent weather coming up, so will get out for some long walks in the next few days.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Mrs64 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:58 pm It has been much drier up here Cat, consequently I've cut our lawns four times this year. Been in the garden for four hours today, now I'm suffering with a hot water bottle on my shoulder :)
When I moved to Cardiff in 1992 the amount of rain we get took some getting used to Mrs64. Up until then I had always lived on the eastern side of the country (York, Lincoln and Herts), so was used to it being somewhat drier.

I'm sure for the first month I was here it was cats and dogs :rain: every day. However, the people at work said if you think it rains a lot here (Pontypridd) it rains twice as much again at the top of the valley, like Treherbert. I swear they're all born with webbed feet !! It's like a series of mini micro weather systems as you go up the valleys.

However, as I've now lived here longer than anywhere I'm sort of used to it. However, that's not to say I like it :roll: :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

With no work atm taking time to do a few jobs around the hose starting with taking all the doors off one by one and re-finishing them, got a couple done today, The breezy weather helped
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Took Houndie for a walk, then had lunch. Watched some good old footie matches on BBC1, then started my beloved Jane McDonald autobiography :love: .....havn't read a book for years, but enjoying Jane...spoke to my beloved parents (89 years old) who are in lockdown 205 miles away in Wakefield ( heartbreaking for me but it has to be done)....so.....yeah.....right now, enjoying a good malt, trying to relaxa a little.... :tumbler:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I have been thinking about mental wellness and reading Japanese poems... The Haiku