What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:28 pm Watched
Outbreak
Contagion
Fatal contact - Bird flu in America
#
just ask me anything on virus' I am clued up to f**k now :mrgreen:
Have you watched The Stand though? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
hector

Post by hector »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 pm Have you watched The Stand though? :bear:
If it is the 4 part series
I shall download it in the morning :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What if you're virtually tee total? also don't forget alcohol compromises the immune system
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Mrs64 wrote:

Leon suffers from hay-fever, anyway he wouldn't mow the lawn to my liking

I'd get him tested if I was you Jill - it may be a severe case of idleitis which needs immediate attention. :mrgreen:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 pm If it is the 4 part series
I shall download it in the morning :)
It's about 6 hours long. Stephen King. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Gandalf wrote:

Allergy ? I must admit, in normal circumstances, I don’t mind cutting the grass. However, with a. Poorly foot, and this being the first cut since Autumn, it is hard work.
How did you cripple your toe gandi? Amputation sounds a bit drastic.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Peter in Blackpool wrote:
rebuilding my shed after last months storms

can buy the timber from b and q (but only on click and collect) but cannot buy cuprinol! how daft is that? apparently timber is essential but paint is not. so I go there to collect my order and stand about 10 metres from the cuprinol that i need, but would they sell it to me? not a bloody chance.

so now i have to wait for the range to restock it next week.

bonkers

getting really pissed now, they stop all the sport, close all the bars, stop us from visiting friends, even cancel our soaps.....and now stop us from doing diy.....all i can do is grab another bottle of wine.....and prepare to do the same tomorrow
Sounds like some things that have happened to me in the past.
Even if I didn't drink already I think I'd have started.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Since I've been confined to the house I seem to have been out more than ever. With the decent weather I might as well be out on the moors. I seem to be getting my strength back gradually after the virus too. My breathing is finally back to normal, so I can get up the hills. Went earlier and further today and hardly saw a soul. I did see two pairs of skylarks though.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

got it
started watching it, will continue to morrow
also got the andromeda strain
Long time since I read the book, one of Michael Crichton's best - I remember the baby and the tramp - won't say any more in case you haven't seen it yet.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

We live in a fairly rural area, where the nearest grocery store is 7 miles away and the nearest place that qualifies as a town is 15 miles away. The nearest Walmart is 45 miles away. There is plenty of open road on which to walk with not much chance of meeting anyone other than another walker
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well that's the grocery/household shop done :-D

Arrived at Tesco's at 8am where we had to queue outside on a lovely sunny morning adhering to the social distancing rules. Their wonderful staff were guiding only a few customers at a time through the doors with a queue system implemented at the tills. The trolley man was cleaning all the shopping baskets & trolleys after use by customers. Good organisation made our shopping experience feel safe & easy peazy in comparison to the manic scenes on our last visit there!

There was plenty of food, produce & essentials on show, the only item unavailable we generally purchase was Jill's cornflakes so weetabix was the alternative, plenty of porridge for me though :)

We tend to buy all our toiletries, cosmetic, kitchen roll, cat food at B&Ms as the brand names are much cheaper, it was a breeze in there too!

We are lucky we live in a less populated area, god knows what's it like in the inner cities
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Porridge for breakfast. Packing up cheese and chive sarnies, a bottle of Tanglefoot, a bar of chocolate, and heading for the hills. Going to be warm again, so summer dress, leggings, army jacket with the lining taken out. Good for sitting on too, when it's picnic time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Partner about to do a run for some milk/eggs and fresh veg which we're running light on. I'm staying in for the 10th day running, still have a cold.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just seen my first butterfly of the spring, could have been short-lived as it flew above Casper's head :moggy:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am Just seen my first butterfly of the spring, could have been short-lived as it flew above Casper's head :moggy:
Also it’s going to drop much colder over the weekend so that may finish off any early butterflies.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

A days rest from work means a cycle on the Leeds, Liverpool canal in the glorious sunshine.
Going to leave my phone at home or I might get another message from the Big Gov advising me to stay home. Being a core worker with a pass to show big brother during a stop and account for oneself, I should be OK taking a little exercise.
Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told
Can you help me?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Norm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 pm How did you cripple your toe gandi? Amputation sounds a bit drastic.
Diabetic ulcer. If they don't amputate, then I could lose my foot. You wouldn't think it was drastic, if you could see it.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

supermarket in finland//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e7cd10b108 ... WA0020.mp4

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:27 pm I’ve just come back from going out running (if I’m honest probably was more walking than proper running) :shock:

I never go running. It’s amazing what two days of enforced confinement will prompt into doing :)

I’m now knackered, but not too knackered to drag myself to the fridge for a well deserved cold beer :tup:
Out for 2nd day today and this time accompanied by daughter. It was like a panting donkey chasing someone with effortless gazelle like grace !! :roll:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am Just seen my first butterfly of the spring
Saw some today and yesterday. More skylarks today as well. Also my first lambs today, as I haven't been fit enough to walk far until recently.