The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 8th May) Leeds handed boost for German International

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 8th May) Leeds handed boost for German International

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 8th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Izzy Brown resentful towards Bielsa

Izzy Brown opened up to Phil Hay recently over his season long loan at Elland Road. The England U21 International was sent to LS11 during the 18/19 season on the proviso that he was recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament injury, and would not be fit until the second half of the season. Unfortunately for the (then) 22 year old, he felt angry and bitter about being frozen out by Bielsa!

Leeds was the hardest time because after coming back from a year out with the ACL, I was ready to play, I was fit but I wasn’t getting picked. I was getting angry. It was affecting me on the training pitch. It felt like I was working hard for no reason.

“There wasn’t much Chelsea could do. You’re on your own then, really. Chelsea don’t pick the team. If the manager (Marcelo Bielsa) isn’t selecting you, it’s on you. It’s not Chelsea’s problem. It’s only you that can get out of the problem.

I honestly believe during the second half of the 2018/19 season, Leeds desperately needed fresh legs, and although Brown was declared fit towards the end of January, Bielsa cost Leeds points by not including Brown.

Leeds handed boost for German International

According to Portuguese media outlet A Bola, Leeds have been handed a massive boost in their pursuit of Freiberg defender Robin Koch. It has been confirmed that the 23 year old will not sign a new contract with the Bundesliga outfit and with a year left on his contract, Freiberg will be looking to offload the centre back at a knock down price around 10m, probably half what he is worth.

Koch is 6ft 3in, right footed and very comfortable on the ball. He can also play as a defensive midfielder. We know that Leeds have been scouting Koch since January, but will they be able to beat off competition from West Ham and Spurs for the newly appointed German International? Does this mean that Leeds have given up hope of landing Ben White on a permanent deal?

Leeds closing in on 16 year old wonderkid

The Yorkshire Evening Post are reporting that Leeds are closing in on wonderkid Charlie Allen. The 16 year old forward has already made multiple senior outings for current side Linfield who are managed by ex Leeds striker David Healy. The Northern Ireland International School boy has been on Leeds Utds wish list for some time, and feel confident they can beat a host of Premier League clubs to his signature.

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 8th May) Leeds handed boost for German International

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB glad to see you back and hopefully fighting fit

I for one felt sorry for Izzy, came here still injured and struggled to get to the fitness levels we all know Bielsa insists on, also when he came on against QPR within minutes he could easily have been sent off and I think that scared the coaches to death. I feel there is a top quality player in there just now needs to find the right team for him, so wish him all the best for the future.

We must need a Centre Half as every other day we seem to be linked with a different one, or is it they are trying to bump up the players value by having them linked with Leeds :duno:

Don’t know anything about this young kid
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 8th May) Leeds handed boost for German International

Post by 1964white »

We have a record for signing injured or unfit players, pretty sure Marcelo wouldn't want them in his squad as his minimum requirement is 100% fitness, in other words as fit as a butchers dog!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Personally I reckon the transfer market will be flat this summer for all clubs, they have taken a massive hit financially with the majority of them skint
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich delivers to Kock
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Commentators nightmare

"Kochs coming off"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not sure rest of team will be happy playing with a Koch though :lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:20 am Not sure rest of team will be happy playing with a Koch though :lol:
The rest of the team have Kochs of their own.
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Imagine if we also had a player called Alfred. The commentator could read out the team sheet as Alfred Klich Koch. One for the older members.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

El- I love these daily threads and sincerely appreciate your commitment to them. You do like to indulge in provocative hyperbole though.

No way you can say Izzy's 'fresh legs' would have produced additional wins down the stretch last season. Given what he showed with the U23s you could just as easily make the case he might have cost the first team points had he started.

Of course I feel bad for a player who doesn't get to play when he is able. But it wasn't Bielsa's fault he was injured and couldnt start the season. In the end I have no quarrel with MB's decisions as it's not as though Izzy would be accountable for them. Izzy's a likeable guy and he's fit now so I wish him well wherever he lands as long as he's not lining up against Leeds.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always hard to know with Brown. A fully fit Brown could have been a great signing for us even if he had just played the last 6 games or so. However it always seemed that he was never quite up to speed and that has shown with Bielsa's system that new players, such as Costa, who have come in have taken a long while to get to grasps with it even with a pre-season and no injuries.

As it is Brown seemed to start the season well for Luton but seems to have not done as much recently. Maybe he is a bit like Jack Clarke in that he looks great going forward but is he going to put in the all round game that Bielsa demands of players such as Jack Harrison.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:10 am Morning EB glad to see you back and hopefully fighting fit

I for one felt sorry for Izzy, came here still injured and struggled to get to the fitness levels we all know Bielsa insists on, also when he came on against QPR within minutes he could easily have been sent off and I think that scared the coaches to death. I feel there is a top quality player in there just now needs to find the right team for him, so wish him all the best for the future.

We must need a Centre Half as every other day we seem to be linked with a different one, or is it they are trying to bump up the players value by having them linked with Leeds :duno:

Don’t know anything about this young kid
Hi pal, yeah, fighting fit thanks!!!

He'd be a quality signing if a club were to take a punt at 3m!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

onemoreslogan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:25 pm El- I love these daily threads and sincerely appreciate your commitment to them. You do like to indulge in provocative hyperbole though.

No way you can say Izzy's 'fresh legs' would have produced additional wins down the stretch last season. Given what he showed with the U23s you could just as easily make the case he might have cost the first team points had he started.

Of course I feel bad for a player who doesn't get to play when he is able. But it wasn't Bielsa's fault he was injured and couldnt start the season. In the end I have no quarrel with MB's decisions as it's not as though Izzy would be accountable for them. Izzy's a likeable guy and he's fit now so I wish him well wherever he lands as long as he's not lining up against Leeds.
Appreciated pal! I remember seeing Hernandez running on fumes towards the end of the season. He should have been rested for the play offs and Jansson needed to start the second leg.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:45 pm Always hard to know with Brown. A fully fit Brown could have been a great signing for us even if he had just played the last 6 games or so. However it always seemed that he was never quite up to speed and that has shown with Bielsa's system that new players, such as Costa, who have come in have taken a long while to get to grasps with it even with a pre-season and no injuries.

As it is Brown seemed to start the season well for Luton but seems to have not done as much recently. Maybe he is a bit like Jack Clarke in that he looks great going forward but is he going to put in the all round game that Bielsa demands of players such as Jack Harrison.
Great point Weasel. I remember reading an article from Ben White saying he really struggled pre season to get to the fitness levels Bielsa demanded and it was touch and go whether he'd be able to keep up with it. Obviously he weas, and the rest is history, but he had never experienced such a tough regime.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

DavidH wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:19 pm Imagine if we also had a player called Alfred. The commentator could read out the team sheet as Alfred Klich Koch. One for the older members.
:)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:58 pm Hi pal, yeah, fighting fit thanks!!!

He'd be a quality signing if a club were to take a punt at 3m!
Koch Klich.... Boom!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

On this day 23 years ago we beat Brighton 1-0 at the Goldstone Ground thanks to Keith Edwards 75th minute winner. (Leeds in White tops)

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 am Commentators nightmare

"Kochs coming off"
Or "Koch gets up well"
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:05 pm Great point Weasel. I remember reading an article from Ben White saying he really struggled pre season to get to the fitness levels Bielsa demanded and it was touch and go whether he'd be able to keep up with it. Obviously he weas, and the rest is history, but he had never experienced such a tough regime.
Agree Pablo looked out of gas around February/March but he seemed to perk up a bit at the very end even if he never got back to 100 percent.

Not convinced Izzy would have been an improvement though. Izzy is no substitute for Pablo at his finest, and a recovering Izzy would arguably be worse than an off-form Pablo.

I think the carousel at striker owing to the injuries to PB and KR were more disruptive to the squad than the fading Pablo.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Chilli D wrote: Or "Koch gets up well"
Or even " Koch's seeing a lot of the ball ",

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk