The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 12th May) FA's interference great news for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 12th May) FA's interference great news for Leeds

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 12th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

FA step in to silence bottom six

The Governing Body of Football, the FA, have stepped in, and have told the Premier League that the season must be concluded on sporting merit. It means that declaring the season null and void and scrapping relegation, is not an option. Either the remaining games are fulfilled or final placements will be decided mathematically on a points per game basis.

The announcement was made at the start of yesterdays crunch video conference between all 20 Premier League clubs leaving the unamenable bottom six with second thoughts that concluding the remaining games wasn't such a bad idea after all. There will be a vote next Monday whether to resume the season on June 12th. All players and staff will be tested for coronavirus twice a week during the remainder of the season. Games will be played behind closed doors at neutral venues like Wembley or St George's Park!

Is it fair that remaining games be played at neutral venues?

During yesterday's meeting, over half of the Premier League clubs requested to use their own stadiums to play out the final 92 games of the season. The Government stance remains that neutral grounds are preferred for safety reasons! Does it make much of a difference as long as the home team take responsibility for the safety of the players?

Last week, the EFL told all Championship clubs it was their aim to restart the 2019/20 campaign in line with the Premier League. This means the Championship season could be up and running a month today! Should the Championship have to follow the same guidelines regarding playing their remaining games at neutral venues? The Whites have not won a game in London for over three years; how would they fare if all their games were to be played at Wembley?

Given the option, would you want to see the remaining games of the Championship played out?

Leeds took a giant step forward towards promotion yesterday when the FA stepped in and told the Premier League that no matter what, three teams would be relegated at the end of the season. As things stand, that would mean that Leeds would be promoted as Champions should the second tier season fail to recommence. If you were given the option today whether to promote Leeds as Champions, or see out the remaining nine games - which way would you vote?

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 12th May) FA's interference great news for Leeds

Post by HarryofOz »

Well done to the FA, the season should be finished.

I don't see the point of neutral venues, never mind the fairness. Is it to try and stop fans from gathering around the ground even though they can't get in?

I would definitely go with the Championship being played out. To be close to fair, they'd have to come up with a very complex way of avoiding points. Doing it on 'average home and away' points does not take into account who you are playing. Finish this season, then deal with the next as you need to.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 12th May) FA's interference great news for Leeds

Post by WhiteRose »

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush as they say so I probably would be happy to be handed promotion, it's not like we dont deserve it. Having said that we tend to emerge pretty fast from the traps after an extended break so I would still back us for promotion if the games were played, even though there are a lot of variables at play - I Think the prem will play their remaining games but the champ will just be playoffs

I take what the FA are reported to have done with a pinch of caution, they have not announced it themselves and could well be misinterpreted whispers.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Which 3 teams would you like to see go down?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Great news from the FA, a plan and a definitive answer either way, that’s the rules end of so Karen Brady and co stop you’re moaning, either play better and win games to stay up or hope your previous form is good enough to keep you up.

I love the fact they’ve also told them there will be 3 teams relegated so get over it you moaning f**kers

What is the point of playing the games at neutral grounds are they any better at disinfection than the home teams ground, you still need the same amount of grounds so leave it as it is.

Yes I’d take us going up as Champions without playing any more games, we deserve it we have been the best team in the league, playing the best football and deserve to currently sit at the top of the table, it’s not our fault this has happened, it’s strange times but we would have won it any way :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 am Which 3 teams would you like to see go down?
Villains
Norwich
Brighton for being moaning bitches
West Ham - even though their my Prem team KB needs to be relegated

So yes I think 4 should be relegated so if the FA can arrange that please

Promotion
Leeds - Champions
WBA
Fulham
Luton to take the special 4th place cause it will piss off Forest, Rams and wee Lee Johnson
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 am Which 3 teams would you like to see go down?
Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Norwich - Are a given which is unfortunate as i have no feelings for them either way
Brighton - as already been said they are a bunch of moaners and their fans recently had the audacity to label LUFC an irrelevance. also might help us get ben white.
Villa - Bunch of cheats and hypocrites and are an example of how not to go about recruitment following promotion.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am glad the FA have taken their stance. It does stop the ridiculous situation of teams saying they will only play out the season if relegation is removed - if relegation is removed then there would be little point playing out most of the matches as realistically the only interest would be the champions league places as Liverpool would win the title after 1 or 2 matches - or perhaps the top clubs would like the matches to not count towards european placings etc.

As regards neutral venues I don't really see the point. If Liverpool win the title even if it was at a neutral ground or an away stadium a lot of their fans would turn up at Anfield to celebrate - just because that is where other fans would be celebrating. You just have to accept that if people want to put themselves at risk then so be it. Play the matches at home and away behind closed doors and get it finished.

I would rather the season played out to the finish even if Leeds slumped and missed out. If they slumped and missed out then they don't deserve to go up. 2nd choice would obviously be promoted if the season finished rather than voiding as with over 75% of the season played voiding would simply be wrong.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 am Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City
Never thought of that :lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 am Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City
Not for me Harry

I'm looking forward to playing the big clubs again, not the likes Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, etc
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Can't see the championship games being played out, so declare the season over now & allow us our deserved place in the prem

Alright there'll be sour grapes from other clubs in the future but I don't give a stuff how we are promoted because we are the best team in the league, simple as that!

Norwich & Villa relegated would be the icing on the cake :-D
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I'm glad that the FA have stressed the importance of Promotion and Relegation as the Premier League appear to be dithering, and I don't really trust their Members Club mentality.

Neutral Venues was ,I believe, at the request of the Police and Public Health England. The former didn't want crowds gathering outside stadiums, Liverpool's Title winning game being the main worry. The latter didn't want matches played at stadiums in urban areas with a high prevalence of Covid-19. The clubs are spouting the loss of home field advantage, when their main worry is, as usual, the loss of sponsorship money from off field advertising. So the PL dithers on instead of being firm.

I would prefer the Championship season to be played out, but I don't think they would be able to finish. The obvious worry (with last seasons finish being in mind) is that we would start poorly and drop out of the top 2. So with that in mind, I would settle for PPG for the top 2 as we would come come top whichever way they decide it.

Villa, Norwich, Brighton to be relegated, please. I would have said West Ham (thanks to Ms Brady's comments), but I will let 64 have a new ground to visit, and it might give us a better chance to keep Ben White. Actually, Norwich going on a long winning run, and both Brighton and West Ham to go down with Villa would be very palatable as well.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:19 pm Villa, Norwich, Brighton to be relegated, please. I would have said West Ham (thanks to Ms Brady's comments), but I will let 64 have a new ground to visit, and it might give us a better chance to keep Ben White. Actually, Norwich going on a long winning run, and both Brighton and West Ham to go down with Villa would be very palatable as well.
Thanks Gandi :tup:

I always look upon West Ham as a club who should be in the premiership & it would be great to visit their new stadium but Karen Brady self-centred antics sickens me to the extent that if the hammers were relegated it would bring on a wry smile with the thought of their demise!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:02 am Not for me Harry

I'm looking forward to playing the big clubs again, not the likes Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, etc
They'll get promoted again, it will only be one season :)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Brighton-. Pathetic excuses, like they're going to get many points anyway
Norwich - for their pathetic summer transfer activity
Villa - for spending 130 mil on players last summer and grease- head Grealishs' tumbling over like a sack of tatas every 5 mins ! Pathetic !
If anyone else got relegated instead of these 3 well all I can say is it would be erm... Pathetic !

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk