Will you be watching of the German Live Football today?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Will you be watching of the Live Football today?

Keep an eye on all four matches
50%
Watching a specific match
20%
Don't know
No votes
Won't bother
30%

Total votes: 10

gessa

Re: Will you be watching of the Live Football today?

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 pm I watched the first half of the Munich game and gave up from sheer boredom ..

Tbf, I've done that with many a PL game under normal circumstances.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well of course any football not Leeds is a disappointing experience but this was something different. Hard to explain but I'll try, how many times when a team's attack breaks down or he ball carrier makes the wrong choice do you see a team mate pleading for the ball or I was open ? The first half Munich game it was just turn around and head back..no anguish, no passion. It's the fan's that provide the passion and that feeds players to perform their best, otherwise it's a training match.

If the Championship follows suit it should be a great leveller anyone can win any game. In fact we'd probably be better off playing the U23's as that's their specialty (How many times have we seen first team players play in the U23's and don't play well)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm Well of course any football not Leeds is a disappointing experience but this was something different. Hard to explain but I'll try, how many times when a team's attack breaks down or he ball carrier makes the wrong choice do you see a team mate pleading for the ball or I was open ? The first half Munich game it was just turn around and head back..no anguish, no passion. It's the fan's that provide the passion and that feeds players to perform their best, otherwise it's a training match.

If the Championship follows suit it should be a great leveller anyone can win any game. In fact we'd probably be better off playing the U23's as that's their specialty (How many times have we seen first team players play in the U23's and don't play well)
Wait two or three weeks and the competitiveness will be there.

Like I mentioned in an early post these matches are like the first friendly of pre-season as the players will lack match sharpness especially given how little group action they will have done in training. Will they even be doing much 5 a side in training? They will also be feeling their way back into it, almost like a non contact sport because everyone is a little unsure about everything but now that the first match is out of the way chances are they will be raising intensity in training so fitness and sharpness will all improve. It is sort of like a boxer in that they have to prepare for every round of the fight rather than just preparing themselves and going all out in the first round, or like teams at the world cup where they are still easing themselves in at the group stage (although even with that scenario they will have likely had 2 or 3 friendlies prior to the first group match and been training properly etc).

Hopefully Leeds however will come flying out of the traps as you can bet that Bielsa has had them working hard in isolation and a couple of murderball sessions (if they are allowed to do them) will get them closer to the right level of intensity than a match against a reserve side (which is probably what most clubs will do). We really do need to come flying out of the traps as if worst case scenario they ended up cancelling the league after 3 or 4 matches (if we were having a second peak for example) it would really be easier all round if we'd really secured our top two position by extending our lead over 3rd place or having accrued enough points to mathematically be certain of a top 2 place so as to not even need any mathematical equations (i.e 16 points clear of 3rd with 5 matches remaining).
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Does anyone know the name of the CB we have supposedly been tracking?
Also, was he playing for a German club??
Thanks
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:28 pm Does anyone know the name of the CB we have supposedly been tracking?
Also, was he playing for a German club??
Thanks
Freiburg CB Robin Koch
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 am Freiburg CB Robin Koch
Cheers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolfsburg v Dortmund on BT Sport now

A chance to see Haaland again

Any bets on?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Will you be watching of the German Live Football today?

Post by whiteswan »

I'm watching Leon :) ..... come on Dortmund
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:30 pm Wolfsburg v Dortmund on BT Sport now

A chance to see Haaland again

Any bets on?
Had a 3 game Acca winners and both to score which went down when Darmstadt bet St Pauli 4-0 but the annoying thing was St Pauli missed a 91st min penalty.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm I'm watching Leon :) ..... come on Dortmund
Dortmund remind me of Bielsa's Leeds, good on the ball, pass & move but tend to overplay it too much plus they are great on the break as showed with their 2nd goal.

Apparently they have improved at the back as they had a habit of conceding sloppy goals & struggled in the air at set pieces, now who did that remind you of? :| we've been much better defensively as the season has progressed
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm Had a 3 game Acca winners and both to score which went down when Darmstadt bet St Pauli 4-0 but the annoying thing was St Pauli missed a 91st min penalty.
Sods law Rich :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.24.26.png
Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.24.26.png (382.71 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund.

Robert Lewandowski v Erling Braut Haaland.

This evening on BT Sport @ 5.30pm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any bets on folks ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.24.26.png

Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund.

Robert Lewandowski v Erling Braut Haaland.

This evening on BT Sport @ 5.30pm
This should be a good game. I felt the games at the weekend looked more competitive than the first week's matches which had more of a friendly feel about them due to the lack of action and uncertainty rather than the lack of crowds. I would expect this to be more like the real thing and it to be played at a proper pace, blood and thunder tackling etc and a better judge of whether football, at this level, needs a crowd to be the proper product.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:29 am Any bets on folks ?
No bets 64 but I'll try and watch the second half as will be out with houndie the first half, hopefully it will have cooled down a lot by then :sun:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a lob from Kimmich to give Bayern the lead
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A much better game and teams looking a bit more up to speed now. Noticeable also a lot more touching and closeness between players even with opposition players.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:17 pm What a lob from Kimmich to give Bayern the lead
Sublime
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:44 pm A much better game and teams looking a bit more up to speed now. Noticeable also a lot more touching and closeness between players even with opposition players.
I agree weasel, a much better tempo to the game. Still weird without any supporters though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:34 pmSublime
Commentators were saying the goalie should have save it, I thought he did well to get his fingertips on the ball