Swansea City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Swansea City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa names unchanged starting XI

Post by John in Louisiana »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:36 pm Thursday could be the day lads.....if brentford slip up in midweek gonna book me a night in a leeds hotel for the barnsley game
I would do it, but they won't allow me into the country.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Swansea City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa names unchanged starting XI

Post by Leeds1000 »

Get in there. All good teams find a way. Pablo Hernandez usually finds his own way. What a man, what a player, what a result. Massive win, can you taste it.

Even game throughout with clear chances at a minimum. Bamford should have scored but hey ho we won, who cares.

White & Pablo best players for me. Closely followed by Meslier & Cooper. Everyone put in a fair shift. Credit to Swansea they played their part in a competitive game. In the end £10 well spent for the last few minutes of normal time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pablo must be behind Strachan for a statue surely....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:34 pm Right need to go and sit down. Can't believe it!!!
I am so exhausted. 80+ mins of tension, 1 moment of ecstasy, 15 mins of fear. I need a nap.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm in tears. Stayed in til the end, but lost the stream and missed the goal. Don't care. Huge, huge result. Pablo is incredible.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:38 pm Stoke won...they worked out capitulating to Leeds last week was the best way to avoid the flatness most teams get after playing us.
You might be onto something there
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:39 pm You might be onto something there
Convinced of it .
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully Brentford lose in midweek and we'd only need a point! Still not getting too excited, but huge win!
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:39 pm 1 moment of ecstasy
The Ecstasy of Gold?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No one wants that final PO spot do they ?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Generally poor today but importantly got it done, more of the same Thursday ladies and gents
Last edited by Mick Jones shoulder on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Man that was a tough, tough game. Great character to win it. Was ready to be happy with a point the way things were going. But Pablo... what can you say? Eye of the tiger.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

When it dropped behind Pablo I thought the chance had gone but our magician made it happen.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:43 pm The Ecstasy of Gold?
Just missing the Mexican stand off, mate.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Pablo's goal....

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

:
mothbanquet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm Just missing the Mexican stand off, mate.
😁
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Probably the most important goal in the last fifteen years

Pablo you beautiful man producing magic again
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pablo placed it in the corner of the net, it seemed an age before it hit the back of the net
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SG90 wrote:Hopefully Brentford lose in midweek and we'd only need a point! Still not getting too excited, but huge win!
Well if we don't do it now we need shafting !
Promotion at Derby , get in !!
Champions on the last day , yeeesss !!!
Championys !!

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not vintage Leeds, but these are the kind of games you need to win if you want to go up. It was always going to be tough to live up to Thursday's performance, especially with not too much rest between the games and Swansea are a good team. Bittersweet weekend for the club. Hope Jack was smiling down today. 😊