The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th July) - Can it get any better than this?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th July) Can it get any better?

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 am But they have changed strategy, last season they were similar to us in their goals.

With Cocu they are on a rebuild they aren't equipped to promote.
Bielsa showed with the way he transformed us into a team playing beautiful football that you can rebuild a team without having to rebuild a team. No excuses for managers who come out with the lines it will take time etc etc or I need a few new players etc etc.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th July) - Can it get any better than this?

Post by Norm »

True
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th July) - Can it get any better than this?

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 am I think it's safe to say we don't miss Klich as much as we miss Pablo
Because we won without him? Strange comment 64.
We have won and lost with Klich playing and the same with Pablo playing so not sure what you point of reference is?
Care to elaborate your statement?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

All the naysayers can be ignored.

Fornicate off - we are busy celebrating a Championship win and some of our recent insulting members can only give us undeserved negatives.
Go pick your noses and scratch your arses somewhere else.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 am Because we won without him? Strange comment 64.
We have won and lost with Klich playing and the same with Pablo playing so not sure what you point of reference is?
We've never had to manage without Klich under Bielsa's management, yesterday was the test, truth be told we didn't miss Klich, not denying his qualities in any way as he is a top player for Leeds

We've missed Pablo in several games when he's unavailable to play, our performances are not great without the little man conducting the orchestra as was the case in the first-half in many of the games since the return of football. Even Klich misses not having Pablo beside him to dictate our play, Mateusz looks much more accomplished when Pablo is pulling the strings.

Yesterday Pablo played a full 90 minutes looking as fit as a butchers dog dictating & orchestrating the play with a bunch of kids in the middle of the park.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: We've never had to manage without Klich under Bielsa's management, yesterday was the test, truth be told we didn't miss Klich, not denying his qualities in any way as he is a top player for Leeds

We've missed Pablo in several games when he's unavailable to play, our performances are not great without the little man conducting the orchestra as was the case in the first-half in many of the games since the return of football. Even Klich misses not having Pablo beside him to dictate our play, Mateusz looks much more accomplished when Pablo is pulling the strings.

Yesterday Pablo played a full 90 minutes looking as fit as a butchers dog dictating & orchestrating the play with a bunch of kids in the middle of the park.
I think the last paragraph sums it up. MB wanted someone on the pitch to organise the kids and Pablo is the obvious choice to take the lead and influence them hence his display . I got the feeling he would have played another game straight away because he enjoyed it so much. We need to keep of our magician in a coaching capacity when the time comes. Klich isn't at Pablo's level and deserved a rest.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Klich was still pissed!!!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm We've never had to manage without Klich under Bielsa's management, yesterday was the test, truth be told we didn't miss Klich, not denying his qualities in any way as he is a top player for Leeds

Not saying you're wrong 64, but I can't say you're right either.

One match against an apathetic Derby side with nothing to play for isn't much of a sample size. I do think what Klich brings is more readily replaceable than what Pablo does, but if we had to go four or five games without Klich midseason I suspect we would see that his boots aren't all that easy to fill. His stamina and consistency in the middle for two straight seasons has been remarkable and I don't like to imagine this side without him in it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

onemoreslogan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:41 pm Not saying you're wrong 64, but I can't say you're right either.

One match against an apathetic Derby side with nothing to play for isn't much of a sample size. I do think what Klich brings is more readily replaceable than what Pablo does, but if we had to go four or five games without Klich midseason I suspect we would see that his boots aren't all that easy to fill. His stamina and consistency in the middle for two straight seasons has been remarkable and I don't like to imagine this side without him in it.
I did say Klich is a top player for Leeds, just think we miss the quality of Pablo more then any other player in our squad.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:17 am Just checked the table.... we're still top !!
You're right, but I did have to look myself just to make sure
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th July) Can it get any better?

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:18 am Bielsa showed with the way he transformed us into a team playing beautiful football that you can rebuild a team without having to rebuild a team. No excuses for managers who come out with the lines it will take time etc etc or I need a few new players etc etc.
Truth, And that's why I don't think we'll be going to heavy into the transfer market
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: You're right, but I did have to look myself just to make sure
Glad you confirmed it Image

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 am Because we won without him? Strange comment 64.
I did elaborate Chilli :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:20 pm I did elaborate Chilli :)
Yes, thank you 64
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden