The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) - Leeds lining up £15m to bring Foyth to Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) - Leeds lining up £15m to bring Foyth to Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 29th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds lining up £15m to bring Foyth to Elland Road

The Sun are reporting that Leeds are lining up a £15m offer to bring Spurs centre back Juan Foyth to Elland Road. The 22 year old Argentinian was signed by the North London Club in the Summer of 2017 for a fee of 8£m from South American outfit Estudiantes. Foyth has fallen out of favour with new Tottenham Manager Jose Mourinho , having not featured for the first team since late December last year. Foyth has made 32 appearances for Spurs in all competitions, netting once. Boca Juniors are also interested in signing him, but he insisted last month that he did not want to return to Argentina.

Top football agent believes the future is bright for the Whites

Super agent Kia Joorabchian has been talking to TalkSport about Leeds Utd, and their return to the big time after 16 years of exile. The 49 year old businessman believes the Whites future is bright under the leadership of Andrea Radrizzani and Marcelo Bielsa. Joorabchian discussed the possibility of bringing Uragian International Edinson Cavani to West Yorkshire following his release from Paris Saint-Germain.

In addition to his quality, Cavani could contribute with his physicality and adapt here, but I've never talked about him with the coach. Having said that, we've certainly thought about him and we'll see, given he's still available on a free transfer."

The Leeds owner has very good links in Italy and with a couple of the guys that work closely with Cavani. If anyone was to pull something like that off, they could. Bielsa is so highly regarded, he was one of the teachers of Tevez. For many, many years I followed him and Leeds fans have a lot to look forward to with those guys at the helm.

We are all aware of the tight bond Radrizzani and Nasser Al Khelaifi have. You have to wonder whether Leeds will benefit from their relationship now the Whites are back in the Premiership?

Leeds Utd's first ever Punjabi song hits the top 10

Leeds Utd have their fair share of talented musician fans such as James, Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, Pigeon Detectives and the Manics (to name a few); but none of them have actually (co) written and released a single like this before! Talented Bhangra musician Jinder Jade from Solihull, West Midlands has been a Leeds fan since the tender age of Nine, and still remembers watching his boyhood hero Gordon Strachan assist Wilko's team top the league over 30 years ago.

Whilst the UK was in lockdown, 40 year old Jinder, along with Punjabi lyricist Sukhchain Singh Gill, wrote the first ever Leeds United Punjabi song called 'Marching on Together Fans Gonde Boliyan' which translates to 'Marching on Together, The Fans Sing Songs.' It is believed to be the clubs first ever Punjabi song!

The song has has received an incredible reaction with Leeds fans around the World since it was released into the charts just over a week ago upon promotion. The single has entered the World iTune Charts at number 10, and its climbing! Jinder has been a singer for around 20 years and has performed concerts across the globe in a Bhangra duet with his wife Seetal. The single can be downloaded for 79p at;

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/marchi ... 1524871759

gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) - Leeds lining up £15m to bring Foyth to Elland Road

Post by gessa »

£15m is too much for someone who's made as many costly mistakes as he as.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) Leeds lining up 15m to bring Foyth to ER

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

I can't make my mind up about Foyth. Not being able to get a game for Spurs since December gives us no indication of current form and if it's true that we're prepared to pay 15m for him, that probably means we won't be getting Ben White.
I would much rather we had White but the ball is firmly in Brighton's court.

The Cavani rumours persist which fill me with dread. I do hope nothing comes of it. A great player at his peak but he is not what we need (my opinion). I hope the club go back in for Che Adams but annoyingly he started scoring for Saints in the last few games so they're less likely to let him leave now.

The Punjabi song is....er different, but I like it. I'm not sure I can see the South stand singing along to it while doing the 'unscrewing the light bulb' dance though.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) - Leeds lining up £15m to bring Foyth to Elland Road

Post by SG90 »

Morning all.

I thnk Foyth is nothing but lazy journalism. Argentine? Check. Played under Poch? Check. We need a CB? Check. I haven't seen any concrete links to him.

The Punjabi song is a good idea imo. It can open us to a completely new fanbase and 1bn people. :)
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:33 am
I thnk Foyth is nothing but lazy journalism. Argentine? Check. Played under Poch? Check. We need a CB? Check. I haven't seen any concrete links to him.
It’s no coincidence that the gutter press have linked us with a dozen Argentinian players in the past week
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 29th July) Leeds lining up 15m to bring Foyth to ER

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 am Morning All,

I can't make my mind up about Foyth. Not being able to get a game for Spurs since December gives us no indication of current form and if it's true that we're prepared to pay 15m for him, that probably means we won't be getting Ben White.
I would much rather we had White but the ball is firmly in Brighton's court.

The Cavani rumours persist which fill me with dread. I do hope nothing comes of it. A great player at his peak but he is not what we need (my opinion). I hope the club go back in for Che Adams but annoyingly he started scoring for Saints in the last few games so they're less likely to let him leave now.

The Punjabi song is....er different, but I like it. I'm not sure I can see the South stand singing along to it while doing the 'unscrewing the light bulb' dance though.
Cavani's hit rate is second to none. 138 goals in 200 appearances for PSG.

Don't know anyone with a hit rate like that.

At 33, will he be able to do the running that Bielsa demands?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:56 am Cavani's hit rate is second to none. 138 goals in 200 appearances for PSG.

Don't know anyone with a hit rate like that.

At 33, will he be able to do the running that Bielsa demands?
Cavani is a workhorse and can run for days. He would keep us up on his own imo.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

I have to say, with the corona virus, prices have surely gone down - a lot!!!!!

To my way of thinking 5-7m would be fair.

We've paid over the top with Costa, though we weren't to know about the corona virus.

Does anyone think Costa is Premier League class?

If a club were to come along with 8 or 9m for Costa, would you accept it? We bought him for 15m
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

When it comes to transfers i will just have to wait and see who comes thru the doors. I have little knowledge of other teams players other than a few good players in the Championship.

Didn't Kia Joorabchian provide most of the players that won the Championship by a canter for Wolves, and then AR complained about something to do with him with FFP.

Love the Punjabi song. I found myself playing a imaginary flute and bobbing my head from side to side. Football once again bringing communities together for the right reasons.

Cavani could be our Van Persie? We could offer him £20k pw and test his commitment to the cause. :P
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Fridge wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 am It’s no coincidence that the gutter press have linked us with a dozen Argentinian players in the past week
Morning Fridge, its a LOT of money for a reserve player. Why are you called Fridge pal?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:06 am I have to say, with the corona virus, prices have surely gone down - a lot!!!!!

To my way of thinking 5-7m would be fair.

We've paid over the top with Costa, though we weren't to know about the corona virus.

Does anyone think Costa is Premier League class?

If a club were to come along with 8 or 9m for Costa, would you accept it? We bought him for 15m
He is one of those players that if we stay up, I can see us offloading next summer.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:08 am When it comes to transfers i will just have to wait and see who comes thru the doors. I have little knowledge of other teams players other than a few good players in the Championship.

Didn't Kia Joorabchian provide most of the players that won the Championship by a canter for Wolves, and then AR complained about something to do with him with FFP.

Love the Punjabi song. I found myself playing a imaginary flute and bobbing my head from side to side. Football once again bringing communities together for the right reasons.

Cavani could be our Van Persie? We could offer him £20k pw and test his commitment to the cause. :P
I wonder what will happen with Bamford?

If we were offered 3m, would you accept it?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:13 am I wonder what will happen with Bamford?

No. See my previous comment.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Why, if Spurs only paid £8m for him in 2017 and he can’t even get in their team now, does Foyth’s value go up to £15m, if anything it should be less than £8m shouldn’t it? If he’s not good enough for Spurs then why would he be good enough for us? At 22 he is still only young and Bielsa may be able to develop him, I suppose, and get more out of him than Mourinho seems to be able to do, but at £15m is a lot of money for a Spurs reject.

No thanks to Cavani.

Great stuff Jinder Jade, not my kind of music but good fun and quite catchy!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I think Costa has it in him, and I certainly wouldn't chuck away £6m without giving him the chance.

I'm still hopeful we'll keep BW.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

We have to sign Juan Foyth, if only for the potential puns.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 am I think Costa has it in him, and I certainly wouldn't chuck away £6m without giving him the chance.

I'm still hopeful we'll keep BW.
We wasted best part of 8m on the loans for Nketiah and Augustin
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:13 am I wonder what will happen with Bamford?

In a ideal scenario i'm hoping Bamford will be 3rd choice striker Ell, but with Bielsa's loyalty we could see the same side starting this season with a different CB.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Apologies for a long one:
Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:06 am
Not right now. I don't think he is world class but I'm hopeful that he can improve. Hopefully with Bielsa's coaching and a chance to start more games, he will do better than he did in his premier league season at Wolves.

I think right now it is more important to concentrate on a proper replacement for Hernandez, a CB to replace White, a striker and potentially a LB and GK. Perhaps if we stay up and are in a position to reassess and strengthen further, then will be the time to start thinking about a new RW/RM
Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:08 am Morning Fridge, its a LOT of money for a reserve player. Why are you called Fridge pal?
Absolutely, I am not too keen on signing Foyth. It looks as if Spurs fans are keen to get rid of him. If he isn't good enough to warm the bench at Spurs then I am not sure he is the man to start every game for us.

If we are going down the route of an Argentinian CB in that price range, I'd be much more keen to go for Lucas Quarta at River Plate. He has no premier league experience but has played regularly for one of Argentina's top teams, plus at a reported £9-11m he would be cheaper than Foyth.

The first time I came up with the name Fridge, I was sitting in the kitchen trying to think of a simple name to use. I looked around the room, saw the fridge and thought 'that will do'

In an ideal world, yes.

However, I think Bielsa is extremely keen on Bamford and will be demanding that he stays. In fact, I have a feeling that Bielsa would walk if the club decided to sell Bamford.

I'm very keen to see us sign a new striker, but as there are other positions that are crying out for a replacement, I think we would have to settle for Bamford as a back-up as the best case scenario.
Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:16 am Why, if Spurs only paid £8m for him in 2017 and he can’t even get in their team now, does Foyth’s value go up to £15m, if anything it should be less than £8m shouldn’t it?
Spurs know we are desperate for a CB and that Bielsa will likely be keen on Argentinian players with PL experience. Clubs will sell players for the price they think they can get, not what they are actually worth.
Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:36 am We wasted best part of 8m on the loans for Nketiah and Augustin
£8m which could easily rise to £26m if we cannot wriggle out of the deal to sign Augustin. :|

On the topic of Spurs, it's easy to forget that we managed to sign Jack Clarke to them for ~£10m last summer. I hope he turns it round for his sake, but he doesn't look like he's worth anything near £10m now so ultimately a great deal for us.
Last edited by Fridge on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Yep I can see MB keeping the majority of the side as well and rightly so to a certain extent, they did win the championship after all. But the thought of Cooper and VAR has me very nervous indeed, unless he can be coached to stop wrapping his arms round anyone near him in the box then it’ll be penalties galore.

A new CB, a proven AM, a good striker and good use of the under 23s and I think I’d be satisfied with the transfer window......