Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23139
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:37 am The surprise of tbe restart.

His last time out iirc was the Cardiff 3-3 fiasco when he was brought on when we were cruising.

Bench player.

6.5
I thought he came on when it was 3-2 and we were clinging on?
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 am I thought he came on when it was 3-2 and we were clinging on?
You are probably right, I have been trying to erase that game from my memory. :lol:

In any case he was caught out for their equaliser.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155282
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 am I thought he came on when it was 3-2 and we were clinging on?
It was 3-2 SG & poor Pascal was part-responsible for the Cardiff equaliser

Probably Marcelo's worst substitution of the season, even the great man is not infallible
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155282
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

Pending on incoming signings I wouldn't be surprised if Pascal goes out on loan

I would retain

7/10
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79063
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by The Subhuman »

Curious scoring in these polls. Struijk played 2 games with zero pressure. Played well, yes. Showed potential, yes. But 2 games ..over 46 and he's going to end up being rated as having as good a season as Gianni Alioski...Huh

We're rating the season here right?

I thought I was high with 5 tbh
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 am

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Denman »

What I saw impressed me, and I’m sure the lad has a bright future. Seems to be confident and easy on the ball, can only improve, solid physique and gives much needed aerial power. But it’s difficult to rate somebody on so few first team appearances, so I’ll go 5.5/10.
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 am 2019/20

Pascal Struijk

A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

Seasons rating out of ten

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
I remember telling a friend that Struijk would never make it after seeing him come on as a sub in that Cardiff game (3-3). He looked shaky and at least partially responsible for the two late goals we conceded.

Looking back, there was a lot more that was wrong with that performance than Pascal Struijk.

I’ve been impressed with him since the restart and think he is one to watch. I think he should be a squad player as he brings versatility as potential DM or CB cover.

He hasn’t featured much this season so I couldn’t really give more than a 6/10
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14816
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by lufc1304 »

Retain as a squad player, good cover at CH and DM. Did ok when he featured at the arse end of the season but, as others have pointed out, there was little to no pressure on the lad. That's not to detract from his performances, looked strong, mobile and with an eye for a pass, but he's not ready to be a starter. I wonder would Corberan be keen on him for a season/half-season loan, would do the lad some good to get regular football.

5.5/10
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13926
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by John in Louisiana »

Immense potential and definitely one to keep, although not as a starter just yet. The only way I see him as an immediate starter is if we can't retain White and don't sign a replacement. That would not be good.

He showed very well during games that still had a great deal of importance. While our odds of being promoted were quite good, promotion was by no means secured.

Definite keeper as a squad player, but with a good possibility of making his way into the first team.

Since I have to rate the season past and not his value going forward.............. 5.5/10
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79063
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:09 pm Immense potential and definitely one to keep, although not as a starter just yet. The only way I see him as an immediate starter is if we can't retain White and don't sign a replacement. That would not be good.

He showed very well during games that still had a great deal of importance. While our odds of being promoted were quite good, promotion was by no means secured.

Definite keeper as a squad player, but with a good possibility of making his way into the first team.

Since I have to rate the season past and not his value going forward.............. 5.5/10
IIRC he only started the last two, both with us already crowned champions ..? He played 30 minutes v Barnsley with us one up..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41717
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Cjay »

Squad player.

Very impressive in the final few ganes, few dodgy moments before that.

5/10.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Clacton White »

Didn't know much about him until last few games . Good one to have on bench 7 .
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155282
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

2019/20

Pascal Struijk

A starter in our first X1

23 Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

141.5 (22) Seasons rating

6.4

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10

Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, John, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, SG, Weasel, 64, 1304[/b}
User avatar
kindestcut
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: Upstate New York, USA

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by kindestcut »

6'3".

Man, he's a big guy. A tough, imposing player goes a long way but ultimately, he's got to perform. And I really haven't seen enough of him to make a good determination of what we have here. When I did see him, he was mostly fine so I don't think he's a bad player to keep around. But Bielsa has a plan (I trust) and his own idea of how Struijk should be brought along so we shall see.

-Retain as a squad player
-Season rating: I guess 6/10.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15042
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The surprise of last season?

Bags of potential in this lad, squad player but expect him to cover for Phillips when required

6/10
User avatar
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:50 am
Location: Peterborough

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Richard »

Keep as a squad player, impressed when there was no pressure filling in for Phillips, did the roll better than White, I’d like to see how good a CB he is 7/10 on his limited appearances
Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by Jammy 07 »

Pascal is all potential at the moment.

Definitely keep as a squad player and try to give him some game time when possible.

6/10
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155282
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk

Post by 1964white »

2019/20

Pascal Struijk

A starter in our first X1

27 Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

165.5 (27) Seasons rating

6.1

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10

Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Chapel, Cjay, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, Jammy, John, Kindest, LeedsLover, Leeds 1000, Moth, Rat, Radebe, Richard, SG, Weasel, Y.Square, 64, 1304
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote

Post by Smudge3920 »

In the few times we saw him last year, I liked him, just something about his overall appeal to me> I found it difficult to rate him based on his limited exposure... But following his performance at Anfield on Saturday, I have no doubts at all. He is going to be a huge part of this Leeds United team, and I believe will be well established in the not to distant future... Second to klich best player on the park on Saturday.

Definatley capable of starting 11.
Which means definately a squad player

7.5
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Player Profile : Pascal Struijk - Smudge, White Riot, Wilsden & others to vote

Post by Smudge3920 »

Just love it ...
Marcelo Bielsa raves about Leeds United gem, calls him a ‘complete playe
https://tbrfootball.com/marcelo-bielsa- ... te-player/
Post Reply