Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:40 am Their keeper keeping them in this..
Both keepers keeping their teams in this.

Meslier has been outstanding.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by The Subhuman »

Good half which we edged for me. Klich top quality again both going forward and in defence. Costa also having a good one. Ayling has given the ball away two/three times in defence that lead to the better SU chances but has looked good around their box. Melier probably our MOTM up to now with Klich and Costa close behind.

Think Kalvin and Paddy were off their games a bit first half
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Reasonably comfortable half if slightly annoying.
Their two chances came from us initially losing the ball or mis-passing.
We are slightly off it in the final third.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

3 fantastic saves from the keepers
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Subs may be the key here.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:54 am 3 fantastic saves from the keepers
4 surely
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

This is like being back in the Championship though. The Blunts may be in trouble if we win this one, these negative tactics won't save them without Henderson or better attackers.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

There seems to be a predilection among referees to allow teams in possession to complete their possession in stoppage time no matter how far over the allotted time it runs.

The ref gave Sheffield nearly a full minute of time above and beyond the minute of extra time.

Yes, I understand the minute posted was the minimum the ref should award, but this was far from the most egregious example I've seen.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:59 am There seems to be a predilection among referees to allow teams in possession to complete their possession in stoppage time no matter how far over the allotted time it runs.

The ref gave Sheffield nearly a full minute of time above and beyond the minute of extra time.

Yes, I understand the minute posted was the minimum the ref should award, but this was far from the most egregious example I've seen.
I think Brighton would agree with you... :roflmao:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Couldn't help but notice that though the Blunts were exploiting the space left behind by Ayling, the major danger came from Cooper's area.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

The game seems to be bypassing Roberts.
He needs to be more aware what’s going on, especially when one of their CB’s make that now famous forward run.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

been interesting ,just shaded it. giving the ball away to easily imo.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Finnatic wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:01 pm The game seems to be bypassing Roberts.
He needs to be more aware what’s going on, especially when one of their CB’s make that now famous forward run.
I agree and would like to see Rodrigo on to start the second half.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:59 am There seems to be a predilection among referees to allow teams in possession to complete their possession in stoppage time no matter how far over the allotted time it runs.

There is no seems to be about it, happens all the time in all leagues.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Rodrigo on for Roberts
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Lovely strike by Costa
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:02 pm I agree and would like to see Rodrigo on to start the second half.
Right on cue! 😀
gessa

Post by gessa »

You'd think with all the tactical nous, we could getsomeone to deliver a decent corner
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Good work Paddy
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I think we need something like the rugby league sin-bin for professional fouls. Yellow card is not enough of a punishment.