New 2020-21 Third Kit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Leeds1000 »

Hunt them down... Who as given the go ahead on that? Sack em. :shock:

Its just so far removed from what we are used to.

What's up with Yellow? I can't think of many other PL teams who play in yellow.
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am I suppose it comes out of reddish colour however it's not the horrendous Manure/Scouser colour

Never been into that colour anyway!
Agreed - never seen one of those crappy red rose images in that colour......no problem for me.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155198
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by 1964white »

I doubt we'll see Leeds play in this kit too often tbh, it's more a marketing product for the fans
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:27 am Red, in any shade, should never be used. It’s just not Leeds!

Shame really cos I quite like it design wise.
1_KIT-FINISHED.jpg
1_KIT-FINISHED.jpg (51.44 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Now those are red Byebye !
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Smudge3920 »

hate it ... have always thought a 3rd strip ...(why we need one, I don't know?) but if we do it should be team vintage ...
RET001YELLOW.jpg
RET001YELLOW.jpg (49.05 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:19 pm 1_KIT-FINISHED.jpg


image.jpg

Now those are red Byebye !
I was aware that we played in red once or twice in the late 60s/early 70s, in fact I used to have a poster on my bedroom wall of Billy in that same shirt, (always thought it was unleedslike though).
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by danhirons »

Kits this have been very underwhelming

Home bland and the worst of the three imo
Away is OK
Third meh

The "our third kit should be yellow/blue" line i don't get. It's a third kit, it can be absolutely any colour, same as the Away kit as long as it doesn't clash with the other kits. Man u have worn white quite often...
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:26 am What about the kit though? :)
:lol:
You beat dear hector to it Harry....

I actually like the kit but I think more traditional colours blue and yellow should have been used.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 am :rol: :rol:

See H... the truth will always out.... :) :)
:lol: :lol:

Harry beat you to it dear hector..... :)
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14634
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:04 pm :lol: :lol:

Harry beat you to it dear hector..... :)
So he did Duckie

but

your reputation has now spread to the new world :) :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Monica, USA

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm torn on the new kit. On one hand I love the design of it, on the other, maroon, I just can't feel like it's Leeds. At least it's not the Man City paisley away kit :lol:

I suspect this third kit will look good with casual wear and that's the idea behind it (hence Cooper wearing a watch in the promotional photos on Leeds United official site).
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Muppet the Cat »

danhirons wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:41 pm Kits this have been very underwhelming

Home bland and the worst of the three imo
Away is OK
Third meh

The "our third kit should be yellow/blue" line i don't get. It's a third kit, it can be absolutely any colour, same as the Away kit as long as it doesn't clash with the other kits. Man u have worn white quite often...
Would agree dan.

I had high hopes for the adidas kits, but all three shirts are have failed to impress IMO. The home one is just about OK, but the away shirt is plain awful and our worst kit I can recall. The marketing thinking of this maroon 3rd kit is how it looks with a pair of jeans, not a pair of football shorts.

The Kappa shirts were loads better.
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Fridge »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 pm Would agree dan.

I had high hopes for the adidas kits, but all three shirts are have failed to impress IMO. The home one is just about OK, but the away shirt is plain awful and our worst kit I can recall. The marketing thinking of this maroon 3rd kit is how it looks with a pair of jeans, not a pair of football shorts.

The Kappa shirts were loads better.
The Adidas kits are very modern, especially the 3rd kit. I think they’ll sell very well.

Everyone has different opinions, I can see why one would dislike the 3 kits, personally that away kit is my favourite since the original 94 thistle hotels shirt.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Clacton White »

I think Kappa would have come up with some good stuff , had the club stuck with them . Its Italian fashion against German functionalism and I prefer the Italian stuff . 2nd kit , I think its better than first impression now , this 3rd ......... again not traditional Leeds but the colour is certainly "different " . I did like the grey/pink one last season , also thought the training kits were extremely nice , a welcome change in recent years following some very ordinary Macron stuff . For m e , the Kappa kits are second only to some of the iconic Admiral kits of the 70's .....now those in their day were ahead of their times and groundbreaking kits . Weren't Leeds the first to have the trim stuff up the sleeves on the Admiral kits ?
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by danhirons »

Fridge wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:52 am The Adidas kits are very modern, especially the 3rd kit. I think they’ll sell very well.

Everyone has different opinions, I can see why one would dislike the 3 kits, personally that away kit is my favourite since the original 94 thistle hotels shirt.
They'll sell well because they're Leeds shirts :) it could've been a plan white t shirt and we'd all have still bought it!😂

Just think this year was a great chance to create some fantastic shirts that all would have sold like wildfire. Looks like it didn't matter anyway cos they haven't produced enough of the home shirt anyway!
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Fridge »

danhirons wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:48 pm They'll sell well because they're Leeds shirts :) it could've been a plan white t shirt and we'd all have still bought it!😂
This is true but mainly just for the home shirts imo. I always get a home shirt but only buy the away or third kit if they’re particularly nice.

I think it’s quite generational. I remember a lot of our fanbase kicking up a fuss about the grey and pink away kit last year... now one of our all time bestsellers
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Clacton White »

The 3rd IMO would be perfect for say , an Arsenal kit . Nothing actually wrong with it , as a shirt , it's just not a Leeds shirt . Might grow on me , don't know . I'm a bit less down on the away one having seen it in use . Have to wait on this one . Still prefer Kappa overall by far . Had high expectations of Adidas , maybe that's the problem .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Clacton White »

Worst kits this season IMO .
Man City home , Man city 3rd, Man Utd 3rd . Think there is a horrendous Wolves one of some sort . Man City 3rd is ridiculous . Man Utd 3rd looks like it's designed by someone who is clinically insane .
Brighton and Everton have what should be Leeds 2nd kits .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: New 2020-21 Third Kit

Post by Clacton White »

Second kit , having seen it in action a few times , sort of growing on me after hating it originally . Third kit ok for something a bit different imo . Glad it's not RED red though .
Post Reply