The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th October) - Bielsa has clear out at Thorp Arch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th October) - Bielsa has clear out at Thorp Arch

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 14th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Barry Douglas to exit Elland Road

Barry Douglas will become the first senior Leeds Utd player to leave Elland Road this Summer; his likely destination believed to be either Watford or Blackburn Rovers. Douglas signed for the Whites in the Summer of 2018 under much hype having played a pivotal role in Wolves promotion the season before. Unfortunately, the left back was unable to replicate much of his brilliance that saw him named left back of the season in the Championship.

Both clubs wants the 31 year old on loan with an option to buy, but Douglas is in the final year of his contract, and would be allowed to leave on a free transfer at the end of this season. A way around it, would be for Douglas to extend his contract by 12 months, but how willing would the former Wolves defender be to do this? Leeds splashed out £3m two years ago, and would be looking to recoup around half of that!

Bielsa has clear out

Marcelo Bielsa has named Conor Shaughnessy, Ouasim Bouy and Jay-Roy Grot as surplus to requirements and may leave the club with immediate effect. Robbie Gotts will be departing Elland Road on loan to gain first team experience. With five clubs chasing him, he has a hard decision to make! Jay-Roy Grot has a bacterial infection in his knee following surgery earlier this year. He is not expected to be fit until the New Year.

West Ham agree to pay 30m to Brentford for Benrahma - Madness or bargain?

Whilst Leeds decide whether to pay the additional 5m for Todd Cantwell (20m) or 10m for Derby youngster Louie Sibley, West Ham have agreed a staggering £30m for Brentfords Said Benrahma. We all saw his wizardry in the Championship last season, not to mention his 26 goals. If the 25yo is able to replicate this in the Premiership, his price tag could quadruple over night.

Cardiff and Swansea are competing to sign Liverpool's Wales midfielder Harry Wilson, 23, on a season-long loan. Who would have liked to see Wilson at Leeds?

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th October) Cantwell or Sibley

Post by Smudge3920 »

West Ham agree to pay 30m to Brentford for Benrahma - Madness or bargain?

Insane money...West Ham are so desperate.
Who would have liked to see Wilson at Leeds?
On loan with option to buy...yes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Benrahma the playboy was bound to choose a London club, he & West Ham are made for each other.

Not over-impressed with Wilson so a big fat NO from me!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barry Douglas a huge disappointment imo!

No goals
No assists
Slow
More poor games than good
Injury prone
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

I suppose time will tell if £30M for Benhrama will be bargain or ripoff.
But Brentford will be laughing all the way to League One at this rate.

Spent £7M recouped £57.75M!

But they are managing to do what you should be able to do when selling to interrsted parties, sell for three times as much. West Am, Villa and Palace all seem keen...

Glad Douglas may find a club, though I had thought he would he handy if we have to change our style, as Bielsa alluded to a while back.
The other three are best cut loose but

Grot is injured so would probably be allowed to stay until New Year?

We have spent just over £96M.

With no crowds until next season now, and Covid about to bring the nations economy to its knees it is time to stick with what we have.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Strange one with Douglas came with great expectations, never really delivered but is well liked by everyone at the club and also the supporters who all seem to think it was a great shame it didn't work for him so he leaves with lots of best wishes, a big pat on the back and lots of love from club and supporters alike but then he never really performed strange but true :oops:

Delila obviously needs to restock her wine cellar with the way over the top valuation of Cantwell at that price it would be a big fat no from me.

Sibley at around £10m looks better value and we can also tell all the Rams they are just a feeder club for our U23s :lol:

Benrahma over priced, played for the Plastic Londoners, now joining a proper London Club who will spend all season in a relegation dog fight which he'll hate but hey he'll be able to get a decent production company for this holiday videos

If the others are surplus to requirements why couldn't they have been told that months ago to give them more time to find other clubs :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:40 am Delila obviously needs to restock her wine cellar with the way over the top valuation of Cantwell at that price it would be a big fat no from me.
She's skint mate, well in her own little bubble she claims she is :roll:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Barry will go with my best wishes. He was outstanding when he first arrived, immediately getting into our new quick passing system from the left, but injuries took him out of the team, and he never really established himself after that. He was always a good person in the dressing room, and well liked.

Cantwell - No, too expensive. Sibley - possibly, but I don't think Derby would accept £10 M, and he isn't even worth that. Wilson - No, not good enough. Go with what we have got. It leaves a loan available for January.

West Ham are desperate, and despite their fans saying they need a striker to complement Antonio, they need a big signing to assuage their fans somewhat. Will it work. Possibly, but they are overpaying. Bowen has worked out well, and Benrahma is a good player, but they have so much dross on their books, that they can't get rid of.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:51 am She's skint mate, well in her own little bubble she claims she is :roll:
Can't see how she is tbh, or at least Norwich, went up, £100m plus from sky, spent next to nothing, just had 25m from Everton, in stages I know, got parachute payments to come.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 am Can't see how she is tbh, or at least Norwich, went up, £100m plus from sky, spent next to nothing, just had 25m from Everton, in stages I know, got parachute payments to come.
I was being sarcastic mate!

Read an article on Delia Smith after Norwich's relegation claiming she needs the money :roll:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:11 am I was being sarcastic mate!

Read an article on Delia Smith after Norwich's relegation claiming she needs the money :roll:
:tup:

That's why she's playing hardball with holding out for daft offers for their players. Could be a different story this time next year.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Delia made her money decades ago, and lives off it now...
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th October) - Bielsa has clear out at Thorp Arch

Post by gessa »

I wonder, does she cook the books
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 14th October) - Bielsa has clear out at Thorp Arch

Post by Cjay »

Barry Douglas.

No ill will, didnt work out, these things happen. Having read what Wolves fans said about him there was a sneeky feeling it wouldn't tbh. Slow, poor defensively, needs to play as a wing back in a back 3 for the cover etc. He was exactly how they described in truth.

Bouy, Gotts etc.

Bouy was a favour from Radz to an agent, i think its safe to say that now. He will have taken home a lot of cash for nothing while here. Gotts needs a loan, very much doubt he will make it here but he needs the game time. Ah the Grotinator, had high hopes, hope he recovers from his injury and goes on to have a decent career.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Grotmobile had a lovely shoulder charge on him took out many an opposition player.Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Stick him in the Grot shop...someone will buy him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Shame Douglas never worked out for us, would I allow him to leave, no way. Dallas isn’t the best LB, he isn’t actually a LB full stop and we have Leif. I’m a little surprised we are letting him go without us having not signed a new LB this season and it’s a position that we’ve struggled a bit with for a while now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm Shame Douglas never worked out for us, would I allow him to leave, no way. Dallas isn’t the best LB, he isn’t actually a LB full stop and we have Leif. I’m a little surprised we are letting him go without us having not signed a new LB this season and it’s a position that we’ve struggled a bit with for a while now
Our defence look vulnerable last season when Dallas wasn't part of our back four.

Dallas gives us so much more playing in the LWB role, he's twice the player Douglas is imo!

Stuart is probably one of Bielsa's first names on the team sheet
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

We won't know if the Benhrama transfer is good or not for a little while yet.
My guess is that he will prove to be a very good player and I really wish we had got him.
Maybe Rafa will be our Pablo replacement but I think Benny could have filled that role.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm We won't know if the Benhrama transfer is good or not for a little while yet.
My guess is that he will prove to be a very good player and I really wish we had got him.
Maybe Rafa will be our Pablo replacement but I think Benny could have filled that role.

we had the Ollie Watkins not good enough for the prem and overpriced theory here recently. He already has a hat trick to his name. Benhrama should be a good addition for WHAM I feel. The price is fine if they stay up,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"