Players on Loan thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Players on Loan thread

Post by Smudge3920 »

Bradford fans react on Twitter to Leeds loanee Bryce Hosannah’s league debut

https://tbrfootball.com/bradford-fans-r ... gue-debut/

Good start for the lad...Good to see...MOM 1st game...Lets hope he can keep it up...
gessa

Re: Players on Loan thread

Post by gessa »

Looks an excellent prospect, not sure why we bought the lad in from Fulham and loaned him out, does he look any better?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 am Looks an excellent prospect, not sure why we bought the lad in from Fulham and loaned him out, does he look any better?
I think Bielsa is actually planning to convert Dramah (the lad from Fulham) into a centreback as I am sure he has been playing there for our U23s - or it might just be part of the Bielsa learning process so he understands the role of players next to his position. I would have though Dramah is closer to a first team call up than Hosannah was.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Man Of The Match on his debut

Well done young Bryce :clape:
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:46 am I think Bielsa is actually planning to convert Dramah (the lad from Fulham) into a centreback as I am sure he has been playing there for our U23s - or it might just be part of the Bielsa learning process so he understands the role of players next to his position. I would have though Dramah is closer to a first team call up than Hosannah was.
He played RB Friday, didn't look any better than Hosannah. There obviously is a reason but it's not glaringly obvious, not to me anyway.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:55 am He played RB Friday, didn't look any better than Hosannah. There obviously is a reason but it's not glaringly obvious, not to me anyway.
Two players at a different stage of the learning curve. Hosannah is one of several players that are 20+ and they've all gone out on loan. All our 23's including Drameh are teenagers now. I see Drameh as being a key player going forward. He's strong, been a beast in some of the games this year. RB is his main position but he's definitely being developed as a CB

I'd love to see several of our loaned players come back and have a future at Leeds. I just feel that we'll see more coming through from the younger crop, as being a bigger club now we're able to attract better prospects. We had high hopes for Edmondson and Kun (both out on loan). But it seems clear that Greenwood, Gelhardt, and Allen have bigger futures.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

A great breakthrough night for Ryan Edmondson tonight in the Scottish Premiership. He scored 2 goals ( his first at senior level) and also had an assist in Aberdeen’s 4-2 over Hamilton. He went off with an injury in the second half but he had done the damage at that stage. Really delighted for him - start of a roll now hopefully 👏👍

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53655375
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Following on from last evening excellent performance, it’s good to see Edmonson being reported as a key player for Aberdeen;
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18 ... ilton-win/
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:07 pm Two players at a different stage of the learning curve. Hosannah is one of several players that are 20+ and they've all gone out on loan. All our 23's including Drameh are teenagers now. I see Drameh as being a key player going forward. He's strong, been a beast in some of the games this year. RB is his main position but he's definitely being developed as a CB

I'd love to see several of our loaned players come back and have a future at Leeds. I just feel that we'll see more coming through from the younger crop, as being a bigger club now we're able to attract better prospects. We had high hopes for Edmondson and Kun (both out on loan). But it seems clear that Greenwood, Gelhardt, and Allen have bigger futures.
I saw the U23's live the season before last when they played at Colchester and Hossanah and Jordan Stevens were the two best players on the pitch. Their careers seemed to have stalled a bit whereas Pascal Struijk, who didn't stand out at all, is now firmly established in the first team squad.
The fine line in the career of professional footballers.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Still holding out hope on this lad:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 pm Still holding out hope on this lad:
Me too but I don't think MB is keen on him.
Even when he was banging in goals for the U23's he didn't get a look in with the first team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Neither Gotts nor Bogusz yet to get a minute off the bench so far. Really disappointing, they'd have been better off staying in the u23s if they don't get chances.

In comparison, McCalmont has played 90 mins in every game for Oldham. They look like they will struggle all year, so a bit of a worry the best he could do was bottom of League 2.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 am Neither Gotts nor Bogusz yet to get a minute off the bench so far. Really disappointing, they'd have been better off staying in the u23s if they don't get chances.

In comparison, McCalmont has played 90 mins in every game for Oldham. They look like they will struggle all year, so a bit of a worry the best he could do was bottom of League 2.
Yes, all of those on loan should have been looking for Championship or SPL loans.
Very surprised Corberan didn't try to take any of them on loan, particularly Gotts.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 am Neither Gotts nor Bogusz yet to get a minute off the bench so far. Really disappointing, they'd have been better off staying in the u23s if they don't get chances.
They're better quality than where they're at. Hopefully it's just a case of acclimatizing
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds loanee suffers another injury blow, some fans furious on Twitter after incident

Lets hope the lad is not to seriously hurt...

https://motleedsnews.com/players/leeds- ... -incident/
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:37 am Leeds loanee suffers another injury blow, some fans furious on Twitter after incident

Lets hope the lad is not to seriously hurt...

https://motleedsnews.com/players/leeds- ... -incident/
That's the 2nd time for Edmondson. He came back to Leeds for a month after his first game. What the hell is going on up there. School of hard knocks? Maybe theyll turn him into the next Viduka.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:33 pm That's the 2nd time for Edmondson. He came back to Leeds for a month after his first game. What the hell is going on up there. School of hard knocks? Maybe theyll turn him into the next Viduka.
Happened against Celtic...Scottish clogball mate,..especially Celtic when things don't go their way.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Kun Temenuzhkov's Debut Goal for Real Union

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds United loan star Alfie McCalmont impressing at Oldham

Leeds United’s on loan midfielder Alfie McCalmont has netted his first goals on loan at Oldham Athletic in their 3-1 Football League Trophy win at Bradford City.
The 20-year old has endured a mixed start to life with the struggling Latics, with just one assist to his name from five League Two appearances prior to last night’s victory at Valley Parade.

However, his late brace against the Bantams secured a timely win for Harry Kewell’s side, with Oldham fans voicing their positivity online, according to a report from the72.co.uk.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am Leeds United loan star Alfie McCalmont impressing at Oldham

Leeds United’s on loan midfielder Alfie McCalmont has netted his first goals on loan at Oldham Athletic in their 3-1 Football League Trophy win at Bradford City.
The 20-year old has endured a mixed start to life with the struggling Latics, with just one assist to his name from five League Two appearances prior to last night’s victory at Valley Parade.

However, his late brace against the Bantams secured a timely win for Harry Kewell’s side, with Oldham fans voicing their positivity online, according to a report from the72.co.uk.
Not sure where he's playing. He always played the DMC role. Now he looks like he's playing the Harry Kewell role