Player Ratings v Wolves

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Wolves

Post by 1964white »

Meslier 88.0 8.0
Ayling 80.5 7.3
Dallas 77.5 7.0
Koch 95.5 8.7
Struijk 80.0 7.3
Phillips 64.0 5.8
Klich 78.5 7.1
Costa 70.5 6.4
Rodrigo 72.5 6.6
Harrison 63.5 5.8
Bamford 55.5 5.5
Subs
Hernandez 44.0 6.3
Poveda 39.5 5.6
Raphinha 43.5 6.2
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Player Ratings v Wolves

Post by Ron Swanson »

Meslier - 7 - saved the ones he could save, okay passing
Ayling - 7 - grafted hard and looked a threat first half, faded 2nd
Dallas - 6 - okay showing, not a lot to say
Koch - 9 - bargain at £12m
Struijk - 6 - costly error for their goal
Phillips - 4 - good first half, O’Kane-esque in the second
Klich - 6 - quiet
Rodrigo - 6 - nice touches, didn’t really impose himself much
Costa - 6 - see Ayling above
Harrison - 6 - tried, but wasn’t effective
Bamford - 4 - absolute pony

Subs - not a lot to say, Bielsa changed things way too late.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier: 7.5 One poor kick first half but redeemed himself with a couple of good saves. One solid punch away aswell. No chance with the goal. Without Phillips header he was waiting for the ball.

Ayling: 6.5 Some loose passes first half from Bill. Ayling made a few good tackles and defended ok but today he was wasn't at his best going forward.

Dallas: 7 Ran is socks off today as usual got forward when he could.

Koch: 8.5 Though he was excellent throughout. Carried the ball really well first half. Tackled well and stayed on his feet.

Struijk: 7.5 Thrown in after Coops pulled up. Thought he stood up well with some good interceptions, unfortunate with the slip that lead to the guy getting his shot off. Still improving but i feel like he could be a good player. I take it he was injured?

Phillips: 6 I thought Phillips was poor today. Loose passes, looked a little slow and dare i say it tired. Some decent passes but off it today for me.

Klich: 7.5 Excellent first half quite for 30mins second half finished the game ok.

Costa: 6 Good first 15/20mins none-existent after that. The way we play we need our wingers on it for most of the game not 15mins.

Rodrigo: 6.5 A few nice touches but still not quite firing and looked a little tired second half. Plenty more to come please. It will be interesting to see if he gets to lead the line soon?

Harrison: 6 Hard working as usual but back to the old Harrison of wasting crosses when in good positions. Another player who will have to raise his game or he will be on the bench.

Bamford: 6 The usual hard work from Paddy but the Wolves defence had him for breakfast. If a team is going to sit in and counter, i think Rodrigo will be a better fit up top. More fluid?

Subs
Hernandez
Poveda
Raphinha
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Could do nothing about the goal
Ayling - 7 - Not great around the box for a change today
Dallas - 8 - Very good defensively, less of a threat going forward
Koch - 8 - Solid
Struijk - 7 - Looks a little slow sometimes, good game though and a sublime passer
Phillips - 7 - Tough couple of weeks for him but worked hard.
Klich - 9 - Class right through, I counted 9 runs that went unrecognised, really clever passing and constantly found space in midfield, also broke up attacks and some Pablo like creativity on display. I don't think I saw a wayward pass.
Costa - 7 - Started well, and opened Wolves up at will. Deserved a pen as he was about to set up a goal. Should have moved left and Harrison should have come off
Rodrigo - 6 - OK, I think he'll grow into the role but just MIA a lot today, better than Roberts? Not today
Harrison - 5 - Looked rusty and not surprising as he missed City and then the international break.
Bamford - -
Subs
Hernandez - 6 - Did ok, thought we looked less balanced with him on though. Rodrigo/Pablo/Poveda/Klich/Bamford and Raphinha all on the pitch at the same time didn't work for me
Poveda - 5 - Not his day but it will be
Raphinha - 7 - Thought for a cameo debut he looked a threat. I wanna see more
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier- 7. Did nothing wrong, commanded his area well.

Ayling-6.5. Did ok 1st hall but imo passing was poor in the final 3rd. Gave it away for the goal.

Dallas- 7 Thought he did well largely and handled Traore well when he came on.

Kock-8. Best player imo, a bargain.

Struijk- 7. Solid largely, dealt fairly well with Jimenez, was unlucky to slip in the build up to the Wolves game.

KP- 5. Passing was off, positioning was poor, hope he isnt getting caught up in the hype because players who play like that dont play international games.

Klich- 7. Played well imo unfortunately with KP having such a poor game he was trying to do two jobs.

Rodders- 7. Some very intelligent touches, created a few chances. Seen some criticism but thought he was our most creative player.

Costa-6.5. Started very brightly but faded, should have done far more as the game wore on.

Harrison- 6. Easily handled, tried hard but his lack of pace showed. Will need to up his game drastically.

Bamford-6. Same as Harrison, tried hard but was largely easily handled.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Relieved to read Ges, Ron, Leeds 1000 & Cjay saw the same Phillips as I witnessed tonight

Come on my boy, lets see the real Kalvin v Villa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anymore ratings?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8.0 Meslier
7.5 Ayling
8.0 Dallas
9.0 Koch
7.5 Struijk
5.0 Phillips
7.0 Klich
6.0 Costa
6.0 Rodrigo
5.0 Harrison
5.0 Bamford
Subs
7.0 Hernandez
5.0 Poveda
7.0 Raphinha
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Meslier - 8 - Did nothing wrong in the game. One poor kick doe snot maketh a bad game when he did a lot right.
Ayling - 7 - Worked hard to lead by example, but passing got more wayward as the game progresses. Looked knackered at the end.
Dallas - 6.5 - Solid but unspectacular gets a 6. Extra 0.5 for keeping Traore quiet and for one excellent tackle on him.
Koch - 9 - MOTM for Leeds. Imperious and dare I say it bot a step-up from White and a bargain too. A future 80mill defender I think.
Struijk - 7.5 - Poor slip that ultimately lead to the goal but wasn't directly responsible for it (even if he hadn't slipped Jimenez still might have collected the ball and scored). Otherwise solid performance on short notice and I would not hesitate on him playing whenever needed.
Phillips - 6 - Passing was on/off and looked a bit tired. Said in the Today's Games thread that I was p1ssed to see Southgate play him so much in the international break.
Klich - 6 - Nothing spectacular and not his best game. Says a lot that I still have to give him a 6 in one of his worst games in a long time as he is the heartbeat of the team and it shows.
Costa - 6 - Started brightly, unlucky not to get a penalty which would have made for a totally different game. Faded in second half and end product not the best.
Rodrigo - 6 - Felt like a game where he would have made a big difference playing #9 as he has more ball control and better movement than Bamford. Didn't do much wrong and rarely gave the ball away.
Harrison - 5 - Tried his socks off but rarely beat his man and when he did wasted the opportunity with a poor ball in. Needs to be more direct and faster playing the cross. He's more effective against attacking opposition when he can get in behind.
Bamford - 4.5 - Anonymous. Doesn't have the presence or movement to play against teams parking the bus. Would be better used at #10 in these games or not at all. Like Harrison, better used against teams that don't park the bus. Did work hard at times, like chasing a lost cause ball and back-heeling it into the defender to win a corner.

Subs
Hernandez - 6 - Not enough time to impress on the game but you could see his quality in the small time he played.
Poveda - 5 - Again, not enough time to impress but didn't do much wrong.
Raphinha - 6 - Not enough time to impress but clear to see he has the pace to scare defenders. Blitzed past Semedo (Wolves best player last night) at one stage. can't wait to see more.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier...... 8.5 another game another outstanding save, truly has settled in now, very confident.
Ayling....... 7.5 The heart & soul of the team, is truly knackered when he walks off the pitch.
Dallas....... 8 One of the 5 core players who are really making an impact this year.
Koch........ 8.5 Cool, calm & decisive...Nothing phases him(even when kicked out at)
Struijk...... 7.5 Improving every outing, really benefitting from the partnership with Koch.
Phillips..... 7 Good 1st half pretty much what we expect from him, showed guts to carry on playing with injury. I hate internationals (happy for him )
Klich....... 6.5 Not up to his usual best, but cannot expect that every week.
Costa...... 6.5 excelled at times, not as consistant as he has been.
Rodrigo.... 7 Another improving all the time. Think he is still getting used to being played out of his main position, but definately shows heart & grit.
Harrison... 6.5 I find him a real dychotomy & difficult to rate. The talent is obviously there, I just cannot put my finger on what seems to be holding back.
Bamford... 6 His least effective performance to date, tbf though he recieved very little help. Stll mixed it up when playing the press.
Subs
Hernandez. Do not like to rate on less than 30 minutes. But he is still the meastro and made an immediate impact. Things settled down.
Poveda..... Will be a mainsty in the not to distant future.
Raphinha.. Liked he immediately got stuck in, he is going to be just fine.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:31 pm Meslier - 8 - Did nothing wrong in the game. One poor kick doe snot maketh a bad game when he did a lot right.
Ayling - 7 - Worked hard to lead by example, but passing got more wayward as the game progresses. Looked knackered at the end.
Dallas - 6.5 - Solid but unspectacular gets a 6. Extra 0.5 for keeping Traore quiet and for one excellent tackle on him.
Koch - 9 - MOTM for Leeds. Imperious and dare I say it bot a step-up from White and a bargain too. A future 80mill defender I think.
Struijk - 7.5 - Poor slip that ultimately lead to the goal but wasn't directly responsible for it (even if he hadn't slipped Jimenez still might have collected the ball and scored). Otherwise solid performance on short notice and I would not hesitate on him playing whenever needed.
Phillips - 6 - Passing was on/off and looked a bit tired. Said in the Today's Games thread that I was p1ssed to see Southgate play him so much in the international break.
Klich - 6 - Nothing spectacular and not his best game. Says a lot that I still have to give him a 6 in one of his worst games in a long time as he is the heartbeat of the team and it shows.
Costa - 6 - Started brightly, unlucky not to get a penalty which would have made for a totally different game. Faded in second half and end product not the best.
Rodrigo - 6 - Felt like a game where he would have made a big difference playing #9 as he has more ball control and better movement than Bamford. Didn't do much wrong and rarely gave the ball away.
Harrison - 5 - Tried his socks off but rarely beat his man and when he did wasted the opportunity with a poor ball in. Needs to be more direct and faster playing the cross. He's more effective against attacking opposition when he can get in behind.
Bamford - 4.5 - Anonymous. Doesn't have the presence or movement to play against teams parking the bus. Would be better used at #10 in these games or not at all. Like Harrison, better used against teams that don't park the bus. Did work hard at times, like chasing a lost cause ball and back-heeling it into the defender to win a corner.

Subs
Hernandez - 6 - Not enough time to impress on the game but you could see his quality in the small time he played.
Poveda - 5 - Again, not enough time to impress but didn't do much wrong.
Raphinha - 6 - Not enough time to impress but clear to see he has the pace to scare defenders. Blitzed past Semedo (Wolves best player last night) at one stage. can't wait to see more.
Interesting comments. I think the point about Harrison and Bamford being non-effective against teams that park the bus is key to us overcoming our achilles heel. Most teams that we play against will park the bus, so we probably need to change the starting line up accordingly. Neither Harrison or Bamford have much pace, so we need to keep them pretty much confined to the bench until we play attacking sides.

It's a shame in a way that Bielsa has never experimented with Bamford playing as a no 10 - he must have reasons for that. An ideal time to have done it might have been when Nketiah was at the club.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:56 pm
"Harrison... 6.5 I find him a real dychotomy & difficult to rate. The talent is obviously there, I just cannot put my finger on what seems to be holding back."

Lack of pace and an inability to beat his man when playing against a packed defence. Slow to put in a delivery, and the delivery is often poor. Poor finishing when he gets a chance at goal.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Chapelallman said ...
Lack of pace and an inability to beat his man when playing against a packed defence. Slow to put in a delivery, and the delivery is often poor. Poor finishing when he gets a chance at goal
mmmm he has the skill to make up for his pace (which isn't bad) He has shown he can beat his man a number of times. His deliveries he does tend to mostly put them over the keepr (IMO) needs to curl them away more.... I have wondered about his confidence in himself... Bielsa can help with that, if it is the case.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 pm Interesting comments. I think the point about Harrison and Bamford being non-effective against teams that park the bus is key to us overcoming our achilles heel. Most teams that we play against will park the bus, so we probably need to change the starting line up accordingly. Neither Harrison or Bamford have much pace, so we need to keep them pretty much confined to the bench until we play attacking sides.

It's a shame in a way that Bielsa has never experimented with Bamford playing as a no 10 - he must have reasons for that. An ideal time to have done it might have been when Nketiah was at the club.
Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 pm mmmm he has the skill to make up for his pace (which isn't bad) He has shown he can beat his man a number of times. His deliveries he does tend to mostly put them over the keepr (IMO) needs to curl them away more.... I have wondered about his confidence in himself... Bielsa can help with that, if it is the case.
One idea I've heard is trying Harrison at #10 as he does work hard, and maybe his through balls are better? Then play Raphinha on the left (or right with Costa on left)?

Last night he did have the face of someone frustrated with himself so i do wonder as mentioned by Smudge if he is a high confidence player, like Bamford. Sometimes Harrison can play as if the world is his oyster, others, like there's something he is missing. I'm not sure what it is that he needs to do to overcome the hurdle but I hope he can find it.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 8
Dallas - 7
Koch - 9
Strujik -7
Phillips - 6
Klich - 7
Rodrigo - 7
Harrison -6
Costa -7
Bamford - 6

Poveda - 6
Hernandez - 6
Raphinha - 6
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Meslier 8
Ayling 7.5
Koch 9
Struijk 8
Dallas 7.5
Costa 6 (the first 20 minutes saved him from a 5)
Phillips 6
Klich 8
Harrison 6
Rodrigo 7
Bamford 6

Poveda 6.5
Hernandez 7
Raphinha 6.5 (but looks promising)
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Meslier - 7
Ayling - 7
Dallas - 7.5
Koch - 9
Strujik -7
Phillips - 6
Klich - 7
Rodrigo - 7
Harrison -6
Costa -7
Bamford - 6

Poveda - 6
Hernandez - 6
Raphinha - 6
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Bit late to the party but:

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 8
Dallas - 7
Koch - 8.5
Strujik -8
Phillips - 6