No reason to fear anyone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

No reason to fear anyone

Post by YorkshireSquare »

After watcching a few Premier League games there seems to be no reason to fear anyone. We will get beaten this season, but there isn't a team we should be genuinely worried about, we could beat anyone.

No other team plays with the intensity we do, most other games have been pretty dull to be honest. There are many teams out there who just wont be able to deal with us. We've tested ourselves against the top two teams, taken a draw from City and arguably should have done the same against Liverpool. Chelsea have good players but are managed by an idot and Scum look well off the pace. the like of Spurs, Everyon and Leicester all offer a threat but have all slipped up already.

The main concern, and it's not a big one, is the same as ever. We need to take our chances when we are on top like we didn't against Wolves our we could find ourselves caught out by a sucker punch.

Is there anyone we should fear? Or should the rest of the league be fearing us?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: No reason to fear anyone

Post by Chilli D »

Not sure if teams will fear us but our performances so far will make them very wary that's for sure.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

You're right we have no reason to fear anyone, but watching all the games my son and I both agreed that we may struggle against Newcastle, Burnley and Palace with their packed defences. Hopefully, they do not have as much quality as Wolves.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Pretty well spot on there YT, as for the team's with packed defence's even those game's will not always play out the same way. It is essential we get an early goal that way we force them into coming forward or play for the 1-0 loss.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm You're right we have no reason to fear anyone, but watching all the games my son and I both agreed that we may struggle against Newcastle, Burnley and Palace with their packed defences. Hopefully, they do not have as much quality as Wolves.
This :tup:

Leicester are every bit as good as Wolves at the packing defences and break style to.

We will just have to learn to adapt.

Unfortunately i fear that soon clubs will treat us the same as they treat Man City and co.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Apart from those early exchanges against Liverpool and City when we looked way out of our depth it has been good. Once we overcame our nerves and setled into our rythmn it has been a joy to watch. Fluid, free play, eye candy, exhibition stuff at times.

I dont fear anyone, but I have accepted that there will be a few batterings along the way. Someone will take us apart.

The fact that so many opponents will resort to two banks of four against us is testament to how much they fear us. A newly promoted side. Our boys are playing without fear at the minute.

I watched the Manure/ Chelsea match on Saturday, make no mistake those two sides have some wonderfully gifted players. And their skills were on show. But their respective managers were afraid to lose the game, it was pathetic really.

Im still for mid table, but with enough flair and excitement that the Leeds brand will continue to grow, and it will bet easier to bring talented players i to the club.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:48 pm This :tup:

Leicester are every bit as good as Wolves at the packing defences and break style to.

We will just have to learn to adapt.

Unfortunately i fear that soon clubs will treat us the same as they treat Man City and co.

Or the way they treated us in the Championship. After the last two games I think the large majority of the teams in this league may see the wisdom in that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm You're right we have no reason to fear anyone, but watching all the games my son and I both agreed that we may struggle against Newcastle, Burnley and Palace with their packed defences. Hopefully, they do not have as much quality as Wolves.
Those poor teams will be the problem :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Interesting how Leicester played yesterday. Vardy off the bench and then countered. I reckon Roger's will do the same against us....
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I've just put a fiver on us winning the league at 60/1. We fear no one 8-)
Allez le Blancs
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Really no fear. We've played the top 2 and could have beaten both. We really could have won every game- would have been lucky, but could have.

As for the packed defences, that's why we bought players like Rodrigo and Raphinha. I like our chances.
Ron Swanson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ron Swanson »

I don’t think we have anything to fear at all, we’ve held our own with the top 2 sides, turned over Villa who have had a hot start etc.

Teams that don’t have the fitness and try to play the way we do will get run over, if our finishing is good.

Teams that are able to stick with us like Wolves were and counter attack, can have success, especially if we are wasteful in front of goal.

Maybe we need to adapt slightly and be more direct when plan A isn’t quite working. Play football more in their half etc.

Realistically I think a top half finish and perhaps a push towards a Europa League qualification would be a good campaign.

We’ll have some good results and perhaps the odd annoying loss... we are where we are.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Leicester will park the bus against us, and will try and use the pace of vardy to score.. its all about hopefully us scoring more than them. but we would need to get past their wall and not miss our chances.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am Leicester will park the bus against us, and will try and use the pace of vardy to score.. its all about hopefully us scoring more than them. but we would need to get past their wall and not miss our chances.
That & Vardy are the problems Scooby

We are probably a better team than the Foxes even though they have the experience of a five year start on us in the premier league.

Somehow we'll have to develope a way of beating the park the bus merchants

I'm sure Marcelo will be working on it throughout this season
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am After watcching a few Premier League games there seems to be no reason to fear anyone. We will get beaten this season, but there isn't a team we should be genuinely worried about, we could beat anyone.
100% agree.

Bielsa and the players seem to fear no one, so why should we?