The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th November) Rodrigo tests positive for Corona Virus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th November) Rodrigo tests positive for Corona Virus

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 4th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Rodrigo tests positive for Covid 19

Rodrigo has tested positive for Covid 19 according to the Spanish Internationals social media account. The versatile striker was sidelined for Mondays game against Leicester, after coming into contact with somebody with the potentially life threatening disease. Speaking from his Instagram account, the 29 year old said...

Unfortunately I have tested positive for COVID-19 after being in contact with a family member that had been infected without us knowing.

As per the protocol I will be self-isolating and will miss the game with Crystal Palace.

Both my family and I feel great, we are lucky enough to feel healthy and we are keeping a positive attitude. From home I will support Leeds and the Spanish National team as a supporter and I will be back on the pitch soon.

Rodrigo should be available for the visit of Arsenal after the International break on November 22nd.

Bielsa - I don't want Bouy anywhere near Thorp Arch

Marcelo Bielsa has told the Leeds hierarchy that he does not want Ouasim Bouy anywhere near Thorp Arch. The 27 year old outcast was signed back in 2017 by Victor Orta when Thomas Christiansen decided the former Ajax and Juventus youngster was worth taking a punt on, especially as a free transfer. Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, the defensive midfielder has not made a single appearance for the Whites, whilst he is still picking up his fat pay check. Bouy's contract runs out at the end of the season, and in the meantime is training back in Holland. According to Phil Hay, Leeds are in discussions with the player to pay up his contract, effectively ending his three year relationship with Leeds.

Radrizzani hints at further investments

Andrea Radrizzani has revealed that he is in talks with several parties about investing in Leeds United. The Leeds owner currently values the club at £300m, but if they can find success at home, and in Europe, that figure could triple. Radrizzani said...

Something that I always want to consider is if the partner is the right partner, [someone] I feel comfortable with, and that supports my vision, my strategy, and gives us the opportunity to continue our growth with more resources.

We are having discussions with several interested parties. Some of these have been good friends for a long time and want to help me to reach my goal. When it’s the right moment and the right terms, we can progress with these discussions.

Radrizzani is good friends with Paraag Marathe, the owner of the San Francisco 49ers They already have a 10% stake in the club, and are keen to invest more.

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th November) Rodrigo tests positive for Corona Virus

Post by Smudge3920 »

Morning EB...Hope you are feeling well today mate...

IMO anyone but the 49ers...

Too right, greedy lazy Tw*t...let him sit and run his contract out... maybe some non league club wil take him on when he has sat for 2 years and not play a professional game, because he wanted the money...

bad luck, lets hope for a fast recovery.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th November) Rodrigo tests positive for Corona Virus

Post by Byebyegeegee »

At least Rodrigo will only miss one more game due to the international break, we must be thankful for small mercies.

Boy oh Bouy what a waste of money! Not one of Leeds’ (Orta’s) better buys. For Bielsa to be so set against him it must be as much to do with his poor attitude as his poor footballing ability. The blame for that one seems to be being laid at Christiansen’s door, but it is Orta who has the final say.

At a value of £300m Radrizzani has probably already doubled his money - no problem with that as he’s turned this club around, but, with doing very little as far as I can see, The 49ers will have tripled their money on an initial investment of about £10m was it? Nice work if you can get it!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:59 am Morning EB...Hope you are feeling well today mate...

IMO anyone but the 49ers...

Too right, greedy lazy Tw*t...let him sit and run his contract out... maybe some non league club wil take him on when he has sat for 2 years and not play a professional game, because he wanted the money...

bad luck, lets hope for a fast recovery.

Not too fast. We don't want him injured on international duty!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Should International football be called off until the Corona Virus is under control?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

It frustrating isn't it? Another positive test with no symptoms. Even Neil Warnock felt he could still run a marathon whilst testing positive, and he's not far of the average age of Corvid death which i believe is still 82 years young, which is the usual average anyway? I'm sure Bielsa will have him on a strict training program because potentially this could set him back 4 weeks if he loses the sharpness, just as he was getting into his stride.

Occasionally you get militants in the camp, look at Ozil down at Arsenal. He can afford to pay the mascots wages what he's on. The football authorities should insist on a rule that if you don't train with the first team for a certain length of time your wages automatically half.

Radz as done what he said he would with a cherry on top. Getting Marcelo on board was a masterstroke. I wouldn't want too many parties involved potentially pulling the club in different directions. He is building a solid foundation with MB in charge, when that changes, finding another coach willing to step in will be difficult. In short keep Marcelo watch us grow.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:20 am At least Rodrigo will only miss one more game due to the international break, we must be thankful for small mercies.

Boy oh Bouy what a waste of money! Not one of Leeds’ (Orta’s) better buys. For Bielsa to be so set against him it must be as much to do with his poor attitude as his poor footballing ability. The blame for that one seems to be being laid at Christiansen’s door, but it is Orta who has the final say.

At a value of £300m Radrizzani has probably already doubled his money - no problem with that as he’s turned this club around, but, with doing very little as far as I can see, The 49ers will have tripled their money on an initial investment of about £10m was it? Nice work if you can get it!
I suppose Orta can say it was a calculated gamble as he didn't cost anything apart from wages.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

Rod testing positive, I wonder if any other Leeds players and staff have to isolate?
More importantly though, no symptoms does not necessarily mean no covid damage. Less training at worst.
Lets hope hes Ok.

International Football is madness in this climate. In fact Leeds should prevent all their Nats from travelling outside the UK next week.

Make Buoy the club mascot... I dont think we replaced Lucas? make him earn his money.

More money?
Yay!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:04 am Morning Folks,

Rod testing positive, I wonder if any other Leeds players and staff have to isolate?
More importantly though, no symptoms does not necessarily mean no covid damage. Less training at worst.
Lets hope hes Ok.

International Football is madness in this climate. In fact Leeds should prevent all their Nats from travelling outside the UK next week.

Make Buoy the club mascot... I dont think we replaced Lucas? make him earn his money.

More money?
Yay!
Here's a question to you all.

Would you get dressed up as the clubs mascot to watch the game live?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 am Should International football be called off until the Corona Virus is under control?
Yes.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 am Here's a question to you all.

Would you get dressed up as the clubs mascot to watch the game live?
Heck since lockdown I have dressed up as Tyler Roberts so as to watch the games live. Don't think anyone has noticed.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:58 am Heck since lockdown I have dressed up as Tyler Roberts so as to watch the games live. Don't think anyone has noticed.
:rol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 am Should International football be called off until the Corona Virus is under control?
YES
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:04 am Rod testing positive, I wonder if any other Leeds players and staff have to isolate?
My immediate reaction when Rodrigo's diagnosis was revealed yesterday
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:05 am:rol:

Smudge, yesterday you were knocking me for making a jokey remark about Tyler Roberts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:58 am Heck since lockdown I have dressed up as Tyler Roberts so as to watch the games live. Don't think anyone has noticed.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

I think it's funny, some won't be amused :roll:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:13 am Smudge, yesterday you were knocking me for making a jokey remark about Tyler Roberts
OH dont recall mate but...couldnt have been that funny then if I didnt larf now could it Leon ... :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Rodders.

Its a shame, he had just been getting in to his stride to, big loss vs Leicester. Picture of him getting his hair done the other day, makes you wonder.

Bouy.

Will go down as one of the most confusing and yet obvious LUFC transfers ever. A fraud of a footballer who shone a bit a very long time ago. Pretty obvious this is down to Radz trying to create some good will with Mino Raiola. Now we cant get rid of the fecker (and bet he is on a decent wage to, seen £5-10k mentioned for doing naff all).

Investment

Always good to have more cash especially in these difficult times. Anyone but the 49ers as others have said.

Internationals.

Should be cancelled, its ridiculous that they arent. The world going back into lockdown but footballers being flown all over the place to play international matches hardly anyone cares about?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Rodrigo: Big pity and hope he doesn't lose match sharpness. Positive (pun not intended) is that he may miss the international break...to which

Internationals: Should be put on hold, or at least the friendlies/nations league games.

Bouy: Waste of space. Should be ashamed of himself picking up a decent wage for naff all when many families are struggling during these dark economic times.

Investment: Hope Radz is careful with whom he selects. The more I read into 49ers, and also see what other American sport franchises are up to ("Big 6 proposal") the less I want any of these American sports venture funds being involved in the British game.

This must be the most agreeable breakfast debate ever? :)