International duties/football

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: International duties...

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 pm Does it matter?
No he's not good enough, sorry , but thats the truth IMHO
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

NI equalise with 3 mins to go then hit the post!

Extra time.

Jocks take off their strikers then concede in final minute. Ouch! Extra time.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What has happened to the heady days of the ROI we once knew when neutrals admired their play in the Euro/WC tournaments many moons ago?

They are simply dreadful
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:41 pm What has happened to the heady days of the ROI we once knew when neutrals admired their play in the Euro/WC tournaments many moons ago?

They are simply dreadful
Big Jack was the catalyst.

But a bigger issue is imo the amount of poor overseas players right through the leagues, it is choking out so much home nations talent.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Paddy McNair looks down and out so Dallas moved back RB where the night began.
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Errors lead to BpF letting one in at the near post.
'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dallas is easily the highest rated player (7.4) of the NI squad on the BBC site
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Highlight of the night big Mitro misses the decisive pen.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Mitrovic final penalty saved putting Scotland into euro finals. Get in !!

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 pm Highlight of the night big Mitro misses the decisive pen.
Ha ha :lol: couldn't happen to a nicer fella :roll:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Ha ha Image couldn't happen to a nicer fella :roll:
Can't stand the twat !

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 pm Can't stand the twat !

Nor can I BG

He's a bullying brute
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:41 pm What has happened to the heady days of the ROI we once knew when neutrals admired their play in the Euro/WC tournaments many moons ago?

They are simply dreadful
John Delaney happened. Irish football has been run into the ground. Third sport also behind Hurling and Gaelic Football. But there’s potential for us to become a decent side in the next few years. We haven’t produced a top level player in a long time, the talent gets sucked up by other sports and our league isn’t up to standard to nurture the talent we do have and players go to academies in England and now clubs throw their net future a field for academy players, less Irish players come through.
The standard of player we have is poor. Doherty, Egan, Connelly it’s hard to name many decent players in the side. Bamford made a great decision not to play for Ireland and concentrate on Leeds, I never fancied him playing for Ireland I’d say his baby toe might be Irish :lol: but goes to show how short we are on players that they are actively seeking players, 2-3 years at least before we see a decent Irish team
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Re: International duties/football...

Post by 1964white »

Belguim v England

Now lets see how good or poor Southgate's England team are against one of Europe's best away from Wembley

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 09.10.23.png
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: International duties/football...

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:15 am Belguim v England

Now lets see how good or poor Southgate's England team are against one of Europe's best away from Wembley

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 09.10.23.png
I didn't see the last game. Couldnt get TV coverage. But like that Southgate went a little more attacking in midfield. Remains to be seen if he'll do it against Belgium. No doubt he'll go to 5 at the back and 2 DMC's again.
1964white

Re: International duties/football - Belgium v England

Post by 1964white »

Apparently Alioski didn't play for Macedonia this evening due to a possible hamstring strain
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: International duties/football

Post by whiteswan »

Sorry, I've been posting on the 'Today's Games' thread.

In a nutshell, England are woeful
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:11 pm Sorry, I've been posting on the 'Today's Games' thread.

In a nutshell, England are woeful
'Todays Games' is the correct thread Swannie
Dynamic array
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dynamic array »

We do not know yet the cost of this last international break. Normally the way we learn is when the team for a game is announced and someone is missing and the fans ask “ where is >> players name<<“ and it emerges that he was a casualty of the internationals, this has been too common for this club in the last few international windows. There was a time when if a player was not picked for England,Scotland, Wales, Northern or Southern Ireland he would not be on international duty. For Leeds it was not until 1992 when we had our first “foreign” international when France selected Cantona and France became the 6th country to cap a Leeds player. Since then another 27 countries have given Leeds players a cap. I think the current running total is 33 counties have awarded 1561 caps to 141 Leeds players.

To cram in international games in an already crammed fixture list is not in the best interest of Leeds or any other club. Koch and Dallas both played 3 full games. Luckily Klich was given a game off and Cooper only played once. With Phillips, Rodrigo and Llorente absent from international duty, hopefully the damage will not be too bad this time around, but I do worry about Dallas as he was subject to a few heavy tackles in his first game.