Politicly incorrect thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Politicly incorrect thread

Post by Smudge3920 »

But but but I do try to make it non gender specific...and poke fun at all, including myself ...(and especially Hector :lol: )... I mean how can you not larf at scouse monkeys... and I also point out that some men cannot chew gum and be in charge of weapons also... you talk of being predictable , have a guess how many women buy me socks for christmas? I mean come on some originality please!...

Wrong.gif
Wrong.gif (4.07 MiB) Viewed 733 times
Side before self & MOT
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:30 pm I didn't say I was 'offended', that's another word that's been weaponised.

I said the thread was an embarrassment, and it is.
Ok, which posts have caused, in your opinion embarrassment to the forum.
It will all come clear in the end
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:31 pm But but but I do try to make it non gender specific...and poke fun at all, including myself ...(and especially Hector :lol: )... I mean how can you not larf at scouse monkeys... and I also point out that some men cannot chew gum and be in charge of weapons also... you talk of being predictable , have a guess how many women buy me socks for christmas? I mean come on some originality please!...

Wrong.gif
There's no point discussing it with you because you always think you're right.

I've said in my opinion the thread is cringeworthy. Your response is to dismiss this with gifs of men laughing and pulling faces.

It's clearly a waste of time trying to engage any further.
If I go insane will you still let me join in with the game?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:40 pm There's no point discussing it with you because you always think you're right.

I've said in my opinion the thread is cringeworthy. Your response is to dismiss this with gifs of men laughing and pulling faces.

It's clearly a waste of time trying to engage any further.
Try me?...I wont apologise for having a sense of humour Sara... You may think you hold the rights to being dissapointed, however if you had been involved in some of the s**t I have seen in this world over a 25 year military career, you would understand that "black humour"...(oops should that be shaded or rainbow humour?) Black humour is essential to get through some of the horrors...
Side before self & MOT
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

gessa wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:24 pm Out of the posts on the thread which ones offended you?
As I saw it, there were ones that were having a dig at blokes too.
Many jokes are silly and stupid. What is wrong with being silly and stupid sometimes? I really don't believe any of the people posting these jokes believe that all blonde women are really dumb. It's just a joke for goodness sake.

I was playing chess outside a roadside cafe when the police drove up and arrested me. I said whats wrong, what have I done? Is it because I'm black?

I think that is clever and funny. It is also silly. Is it racist? I don't think so. If anything, I think it is probably a dig at our police and our society.
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

BobHirst wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:04 pm Many jokes are silly and stupid. What is wrong with being silly and stupid sometimes? I really don't believe any of the people posting these jokes believe that all blonde women are really dumb. It's just a joke for goodness sake.

I was playing chess outside a roadside cafe when the police drove up and arrested me. I said whats wrong, what have I done? Is it because I'm black?

I think that is clever and funny. It is also silly. Is it racist? I don't think so. If anything, I think it is probably a dig at our police and our society.
I suppose it's how you look at life Bob.
My family are Irish, I'm one of eight, seven of us laugh at Irish jokes , one gets offended, upset, whatever you want to call it. My niece's boyfriend is a black guy from Jamaica, first time he walks into our house he says " lock away your jewellery, the black guys here", certainly broke the ice :) he's constantly taking the mick out of me being the old man, do I think he's ageist, not one bit, it's a laugh and joke.
Wonder if the 7to1 ratio is a good guide.
It will all come clear in the end
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Thats exactly it Gessa... how you look at life, good for your niece's BF breaking the ice as he did. Me and Mrs S, been together now for 40 years (and it dont seem a day to long)... She is a southerner, her brother still when he calls says to Rita " Is that Northern monkey you married there? need a word" and he is still a southern ponce to me... we do have some larfs...Life is much to short, of course respect plays a big part and that is down to the individual... What I found confusing was, Norm who started this discussion, refered to other women in comparison to his wife as "bimbo's"...I wonder why Sara did not see any misogyny in that comment?
Side before self & MOT
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

SaraM wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm By that reasoning, racist threads are acceptable as long as black people don't read them, homophobic threads are fine as long as gay people don't read them, etc etc.

Misogyny is so endemic in society it almost passes under the radar of people's awareness. Anyone who calls it out is typically branded as humourless; it's all so tired and predictable.
At least two or three of the site's moderators have contributed to this thread so I assume it is considered acceptable on here? If not they would have pulled it.
hector

Post by hector »

'64 and I have both put this smilie after jokes we found funny... :rol: :rol:

as to the content, whilst it may be embarassing for some, it is also funny for others,

we are not going to close the thread down due to the content, neither are we going to close down the arguments, as so far they have not been nasty or personal, but should that change.......

the hatchet will fall :angel: :angel:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:51 pm At least two or three of the site's moderators have contributed to this thread so I assume it is considered acceptable on here? If not they would have pulled it.
I'm old school Chilli, I won't stop laughing at something I find funny, at my age happiness & laughter are important to me. I don't intend to spend the rest of my life being miserable.

This forum is a kindergarten in comparison to a Leeds site some on here visit
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 pm I'm old school Chilli, I won't stop laughing at something I find funny, at my age happiness & laughter are important to me. I don't intend to spend the rest of my life being miserable.

This forum is a kindergarten in comparison to a Leeds site some on here visit
Absolutely 64
BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

Smudge3920 wrote:But but but I do try to make it non gender specific...and poke fun at all, including myself ...(and especially Hector Image )... I mean how can you not larf at scouse monkeys... and I also point out that some men cannot chew gum and be in charge of weapons also... you talk of being predictable , have a guess how many women buy me socks for christmas? I mean come on some originality please!...

Wrong.gif
You lucky bugger smudge, only one woman buys me socks at Xmas but I could do with many more ....socks that is Image

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

hector wrote:'64 and I have both put this smilie after jokes we found funny... :rol: :rol:

as to the content, whilst it may be embarassing for some, it is also funny for others,

we are not going to close the thread down due to the content, neither are we going to close down the arguments, as so far they have not been nasty or personal, but should that change.......

the hatchet will fall :angel: :angel:
Well I demand an apology. My wife is not a bimbo! She married me didn't she !! Image

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

DV.jpg
DV.jpg (151.64 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Side before self & MOT
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

my wife said that I could not make a car out of spaghetti you should have seen the look on her face when I drove pasta

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am Ricky Gervais explains it well however when he talks about the difference in the subject and target of a joke.
02 Jan 2019...Ricky Gervais...
Actor Ricky Gervais defended the right of comedians to joke about the most sensitive subjects in light of the massive left-wing backlash to a leaked Louis C.K. routine in which he makes fun of Parkland students and “non-binary” people.
“Please stop saying ‘You can’t joke about anything anymore’. You can. You can joke about whatever the f**k you like. And some people won’t like it and they will tell you they don’t like it. And then it’s up to you whether you give a f**k or not. And so on. It’s a good system,” Ricky Gervais said in a social media post Monday.
“There is no subject out of bounds. People often get offended when they mistake the subject of a joke with the actual target. It all depends on the joke,” The Office star followed up.
In response to this sentiment, Gervais was questioned and attacked by many social media users — but he doubled down.
“As you probably guessed, I’m not a religious person, but my favourite line in The Bible is ‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.’ It basically means ‘Oh, shut the f**k up. You’re a c**t too sometimes.’ Thanks Jesus,” he said.
In a series of tweets over New Years, he continued to respond to users, saying, “You can joke about anything. Just don’t actually be cruel to animals. you can joke about murdering people. Just don’t murder people. It’s really simple,” and simply, “Free speech is amazing.”
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Side before self & MOT
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 am Waiting for the punchline
I was hoping somebody else would supply the boom boom Basil Brush line :lol:

I just find it humorous that a campaign that's targeting discrimination has the title: Black Lives Matter.

The implication I've taken from that title, becuase I try to see the humour in everything, is that other coloured lives don't matter as much as black ones, which is not what I'd call equality.

A better title imo would be All Lives Matter, apart from Ken Bates' life of course :shhh:
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am Before I get accused of being provocative or something let me make something clear.

I think you should be allowed to joke about anything, sexism, racism, politics etc.

Ricky Gervais explains it well however when he talks about the difference in the subject and target of a joke.

E.G. you can joke about sexism without making women the target of the joke.
you can joke about racism without a black person being the target of the joke.

In my opinion the second that gets switched around the joke becomes lazy and only funny to racists and misogynists.

Each to there own though. Humor is subjective
Well said my friend, I'll second that :tup:
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

White Riot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:32 pm I was hoping somebody else would supply the boom boom Basil Brush line :lol:

I just find it humorous that a campaign that's targeting discrimination has the title: Black Lives Matter.

The implication I've taken from that title, becuase I try to see the humour in everything, is that other coloured lives don't matter as much as black ones, which is not what I'd call equality.

A better title imo would be All Lives Matter, apart from Ken Bates' life of course :shhh:
Obviously all lives matter.
Unfortunately particularly here in the USA a large percentage of the population do not regard a "black life" as being very important. If you watch the news on a regular basis there have been numerous examples of extreme disregard for "black lives" caught on video. The police are murdering black people in the most disgusting cynical way.
So yes, these people need reminding, BLACK LIVES MATTER TOO.
And no, people shouldn't be breaking shopwindows and stealing stuff, using BLM as an excuse.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

PC 05.jpg
Side before self & MOT