The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 20th November) Latest injury news from Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 20th November) Latest injury news from Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 20th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Unconfirmed report states Leeds Utd quartet to miss Gunners clash

Unformed reports on social media are claiming that Leeds may be without four key players for the visit of Arsenal on Sunday. Kalvin Phillips is recovering from a shoulder injury while Diego Llorente, Rodrigo and Ezgjan Alioski are battling groin injury, illness, and a hamstring injury respectively. Rodrigo has been self isolating having caught the covid 19 virus, but there are doubts that he is 100 percent fit.

How much fitness can a professional footballer lose in two weeks? I can't think of another club that wouldn't or hasn't thrown one of their most influential players straight back into the starting line up! There's only so much fitness a player is going to recoup in training. Surely the best way for Rodrigo to get fit is to play 70 minutes on Sunday.

Diego Llorente has now been sidelined since 11th October (40 days). This is his longest injury absence in the 27 year olds's entire career. According to Phil Hay, Llorente has been training at Thorp Arch this week, so perhaps he'll make the bench

Cresswell rewarded with new contract

Charlie Cresswell has been rewarded with a new two and a half year contract, keeping him at Elland Road until 2023, when he'll be the grand old age of 20! By this time, it is expected that the central defender will be major part of the first team. The U19 England International has recently been promoted to the U23's where he has played seven times this season so far. Talking to LUTV after signing his deal he said...

I’m over the moon to sign a new contract. This is a club very close to my heart, so I’m delighted to be staying here. I want to impress the manager and hopefully I can get on the bench for a couple of games and make the FA Cup squad.

Warnock slams Northern Ireland boss for over usage of players

Boro Manager Neil Warnock has slammed the demands placed on Leeds United's Stuart Dallas and Boro's Paddy McNair durings their recent outings for Northern Ireland. Warnock told talkSPORT...

I didn’t watch England last night because I watched Northern Ireland as we had Paddy McNair playing. He’s played three of the toughest games you could wish for. The play-off final and then two bloody friendlies in this Nations League. I don’t understand when you’ve got nothing to play for how him and Dallas can play every minute of every game.

There’s something wrong somewhere where you can’t bring a young lad in to the side when you’ve got nothing to play for. You’ve got to think of the players. We helped them by keeping him (Paddy) off training ahead of the first game and they were unlucky as they should have got through to the Euro’s.

After that though, yeah okay play him in one of the games but not two of them. I can’t accept that, not when there’s nothing to play for, although they’ve probably got no-one else who can take free-kicks!

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 20th November) Latest injury news from Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

I hope this is a joke & we're not going to gift more points to the opposition by not playing our best players.

Only Llorente should be exempt from the lack of fitness scenario

These players should be as fit as a butchers dog

The likes of Billy, Norm, Paul & Big Jack would be turning in their grave if they were aware of such nonsense!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 20th November) Latest injury news from Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 am I hope this is a joke & we're not going to gift more points to the opposition by not playing our best players.

Only Llorente should be exempt from the lack of fitness scenario

These players should be as fit as a butchers dog

The likes of Billy, Norm, Paul & Big Jack would be turning in their grave if they were aware of such nonsense!
According to Phil Hay, Kalvin Phillips is absolutely busting a gut as he wants to play.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 am According to Phil Hay, Kalvin Phillips is absolutely busting a gut as he wants to play.
Of course Kalvin wants to play Matt :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good news is Arsenal's new signing Thomas Partley is out injured with a thigh strain

Sead Kolasinac and Mohamed Eleneny, who both tested positive for coronavirus during the international break, will also be absent

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 09.53.25.png
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

What's the betting Eddie scores?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks.

Warnock echoing what many of us thought.
If ever a player needs a rest it will be Dallas.
But that looks impossible with Ali doubtful.

KP and Rod are the key to our season, we need them both fit and on form. I do wonder if in the long run Rod will be happy playing as a 10. In his mind it may affect his International career.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Makes you wonder whether we want footballers or robots with the fitness debate, gone are the days of injections every week to get a team out 64
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 am What's the betting Eddie scores?
I was thinking the very same this morning Chilli.

Short odds if the bookies have taken note of our defending this season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:17 am Makes you wonder whether we want footballers or robots with the fitness debate, gone are the days of injections every week to get a team out 64
60+ league/cup games a season on muddy pitches playing with a heavier ball with nowhere near the same fitness regime players endure these days

Several of our players will be lucky to make 30 appearances for Leeds this season MJ
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

30 is pushing it bud..........
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Dallas will have had a few days to recharge the batteries and will be chomping to get on the park on Sunday.

Sadly, playing for NI looks like a less demanding task than playing Bielsaball in the PL. :verysad:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:33 am Dallas will have had a few days to recharge the batteries and will be chomping to get on the park on Sunday.

Sadly, playing for NI looks like a less demanding task than playing Bielsaball in the PL. :verysad:
Plus Dallas is one of our most energetic hard working players