Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks like Raphinha replaces Costa or Costa starts for me..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by mothbanquet »

At least Raph's starting, we've got an injection of quality into the starting lineup compared to the last 2 games, not to mention Kalvin's back. That also means Klich will be getting further forward where he belongs. Feeling better right now, this will be better than what we've seen the past couple of performances.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:36 pm We'll regret not starting with Rodrigo
Exactly my thought when I saw the team sheet. Who is playing at 10?
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 pm At least Raph's starting, we've got an injection of quality into the starting lineup compared to the last 2 games, not to mention Kalvin's back. That also means Klich will be getting further forward where he belongs. Feeling better right now, this will be better than what we've seen the past couple of performances.
:tup:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

I still reckon we will lose, but we will give them a game, we def need some strengthening in Jan
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Velotrax wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:01 pm I still reckon we will lose, but we will give them a game, we def need some strengthening in Jan
Agreed, a point would be a good result tonight.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:36 pm rodrigo should be a starter
Fully agree, he's not been out with injury, just Covid quarantine protocol. How does Alioski start before Rodders :?:
rab_rant

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Costa start, Rodrigo make the bench

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote:I suspect Raphinha at 10 and Ali out left.
Good call that's the way I see it as well.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I actually hoped that with Dallas playing 300 mins in these never-ending international matches MB would finally give Leif a chance at LB and put Dallas on the bench.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 pm Looks like Raphinha replaces Costa or Costa starts for me..
I say the same. Alioski must be at left back. He wouldn't play Alioski on the wing ahead of Costa
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 pm I actually hoped that with Dallas playing 300 mins in these never-ending international matches MB would finally give Leif a chance at LB and put Dallas on the bench.
He'll never leave Dallas out unless its enforced
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Costa start, Rodrigo make the bench

Post by White Riot »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:03 pm Good call that's the way I see it as well.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
I hope that's the case, but MB has stated he sees Raphina primarily as a winger. If he's in at 10 then surely Costa would keep his place ahead of Alioski on RW?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Need to get at them from start to finish, put a boot on their necks and not take it off.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 pm Exactly my thought when I saw the team sheet. Who is playing at 10?
Has to be that Rodrigo is not 100%

Looks like no number 10, with a 3 man midfield
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm He'll never leave Dallas out unless its enforced
Seems that way, I'm astonished that he's benched Costa, even though I was hoping Raph would get a go.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 pm At least Raph's starting, we've got an injection of quality into the starting lineup
Can you imagine the quality when we get Raphinha and Rodrigo in the same lineup? I think it would have happened today, but guessing Rodrigo is not quite a 100%
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

With Lacazette being benched, that undoubtedly means that Abaumeyang will move from the left and play at 9.

That's big danger for us as he's due some goals.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm so chuffed for Kalvin getting all this big stage praise and recognition. His career's been made by Bielsa.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:09 pm Can you imagine the quality when we get Raphinha and Rodrigo in the same lineup? I think it would have happened today, but guessing Rodrigo is not quite a 100%
Not really a must-win for us tbh, better we not take risks.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:07 pm Need to get at them from start to finish, put a boot on their necks and not take it off.
Absolutely :tup: