The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th November) - Some fans to be allowed back into stadiums after lockdown

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th November) - Some fans to be allowed back into stadiums after lockdown

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 24th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Fans to be allowed back into stadiums in England at end of lockdown

It is understood that the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have submitted proposals to the Cabinet Office for spectators to attend games in areas where coronavirus infection rates are low. If successful, once lockdown is lifted on the 2nd December, we could see fans back at Elland Road, but only a small percentage!

Stadiums in Tier 1 will be permitted to hold up to 4,000 spectators; grounds in tier 2 can welcome up to 2,000 fans; grounds in Tier 3 must continue to hold events behind closed doors. Although cases in Leeds are now falling, we were poised to go into Tier 3 before the national lockdown came in. Is Leeds likely to be in Tier 3 from 2nd December, will it still be soem time before fans return to Elland Road?

Outdoors stadiums in tier 1 areas - deemed to be medium risk by the Government - will be allowed to hold up to 4,000 socially-distanced fans or half of their maximum capacity, depending on which is fewer. Once restrictions are lifted, how is it worked out who should be part of the 4000?

Leeds Offered Chance to Sign Barcelona’s Ace on loan

Leeds are one of several sides who have been offered the chance to sign Barcelona central midfielder Riqui Puig on loan for the remainder of the season. The talented 21-year-old is seen by many as one of the brightest in boss Ronald Koeman's squad yet the former Saints Manager has only used the youngster once this season, a three minute cameo role!

Puig's agent is keen for his client to progress and has had conversations with RB Leipzig,Monaco and Leeds about a possible loan move in January. Bielsa's possession-based style of play is seen as the ideal system for Puig to showcase his skills, but there are several other English sides in the conversation for the 21-year-old's signature.

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th November) Fans to be allowed back into stadiums in England at end of lockdo

Post by HarryofOz »

I won't cry if we sign him, but I don't really see the point of getting a young central midfielder. In our 4-1-4-1 formation we already have Klich, Dallas, Hernandez, Rodrigo and Roberts who can play that role. Not to mention Shackelton, Struik and if necessary Phillips and probably even Raphinha. And I've probably forgotten others.

Especially on loan and espcially seeing that Bielsa does not generally rush new players into the first team.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th November) - Some fans to be allowed back into stadiums after lockdown

Post by 1964white »

Fans wont be allowed at ER, Anfield, Etihad, OT or in any of the northern Covid hotspots.

As a regular attender watching Leeds live has been a big miss for me as with my bowls but I've accepted & prepared to make the necessary sacrifices if it means our country returns back to the way it was pre-covid
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 24th November) - Some fans to be allowed back into stadiums after lockdown

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 am Fans wont be allowed at ER, Anfield, Etihad, OT or in any of the northern Covid hotspots.

As a regular attender watching Leeds live has been a big miss for me as with my bowls but I've accepted & prepared to make the necessary sacrifices if it means our country returns back to the way it was pre-covid
Agreed, regarding the stadiums you mention 64 but surely it is easier to keep 4000 people socially distanced in a stadium that hold 75,000 people (ie OT) rather than one that only holds 10,000 for example?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:09 am Agreed, regarding the stadiums you mention 64 but surely it is easier to keep 4000 people socially distanced in a stadium that hold 75,000 people (ie OT) rather than one that only holds 10,000 for example?
Yes it would be Chilli however certain stadiums will be exempt particularly those in Covid hotspots such as Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 am Yes it would be Chilli however certain stadiums will be exempt particularly those in Covid hotspots such as Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool
It was mentioned on Sky sports news that OT was being looked at as one of the first venues to open to a small percentage of spectators.... :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Morning everyone by the way
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:04 am Morning everyone by the way
It was morning when some of us got up Duckie :P :P

By the way.... this is early for you..... only have the 1 pint of malt last night??

:lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 am It was morning when some of us got up Duckie :P :P

By the way.... this is early for you..... only have the 1 pint of malt last night??

:lol: :lol:
6am for us today. I suspect you were up by 4am Hector

Do you reckon Swannie has just fallen out of her slumber? :sleep:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:04 am Morning everyone by the way
Morning Swannie :) just made it by 57 minutes
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:03 am It was mentioned on Sky sports news that OT was being looked at as one of the first venues to open to a small percentage of spectators.... :duno:
But isn't Manchester in tier 3 or possibly tier 4 by next week?

I wouldn't be surprised what this present government have in store for us all

Imo football grounds should not be open to fans in the present circumstances particularly in the North West & in Yorkshire where the virus is prevalent, it's not just the grounds, travelling to & fro the stadiums has to be given serious consideration

The way things are going I reckon National lockdown III is guaranteed by January
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 am 6am for us today. I suspect you were up by 4am Hector

Do you reckon Swannie has just fallen out of her slumber? :sleep:
Yes I was...... had to go to Southampton at 7 this morning.

and yes I reckon she fell out, onto her computer and typed a bit to show she was up and well and not hung over, and is now back asleep in relapse mode....

:) :) :shhh:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 am Yes I was...... had to go to Southampton at 7 this morning.

and yes I reckon she fell out, onto her computer and typed a bit to show she was up and well and not hung over, and is now back asleep in relapse mode....

:rol: :rol: :rol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 am Fans wont be allowed at ER, Anfield, Etihad, OT or in any of the northern Covid hotspots.

If Leeds Utd say stay away- perhaps its code for please come in, like it was on the evening that we won the Championship?

The hierachy told us multiple occassions to stay away, and those that turned up were treated to an open top parade with all the trimmings!!!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 amThe way things are going I reckon National lockdown III is guaranteed by January
I fear you maybe right Leon, one thing this virus is proving is that unlike the common cold or flu it is not cyclic, it is constant, untill we are all vaccinated against it, it is going nowhere...then we can worry about it mutating I guess!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 am Yes I was...... had to go to Southampton at 7 this morning.

:lol:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I say we let gessa in. And 64, too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm I say we let gessa in. And 64, too.
Thanks John :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This article confirms my thoughts on fans attending football matches in certain areas England :P

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.46.38.png
Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.46.38.png (193.74 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyhow we'd all be freezing our b*ll*cks off standing or sitting in 4,000 attendances, it's always noticeable when half the kop empties at half-time

Coldest I felt last season was in the away end at Forest, mind you my pals & I were on the front row near the corner flag. I had to nip up to the concourse & buy a chocolate bar & a coffee to warm myself up. I found a seat higher up in the stand for the second-half.

Not a great day although I'll always remember the Forest fans singing 'Leeds Leeds are falling apart again'. Silly tits thought they were going up after that victory, they missed out on a play-offs & the rest is history

Ironic as Forest are in the relegation zone this season