Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by Smudge3920 »

I would like to see the following start against Neverton;

Meslier
Ayling,Kock, cooper Alioski
Phillips
Raphina, Kilch, Rodrigo, Costa

No critisism of Dallas, (I would not be upset if MB rested Ayling and put Dallas in on the right) but we have to start rotating. Alioski deserves to keep his place after his last performance. Costa scored a brilliant goal in the u23's against WBA, again it's about rotation.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:06 pm I would like to see the following start against Neverton;

Meslier
Ayling,Kock, cooper Alioski
Phillips
Raphina, Kilch, Rodrigo, Costa

No critisism of Dallas, (I would not be upset if MB rested Ayling and put Dallas in on the right) but we have to start rotating. Alioski deserves to keep his place after his last performance. Costa scored a brilliant goal in the u23's against WBA, again it's about rotation.
Dallas didn't have a bad game v the gooners, one of the first names on the team sheet for me preferably as a wing-back though.

As for Costa, as brilliant as that goal was he won't be playing against West Brom reserves/juniors on Saturday

There's been enough enforced rotation in our first team this season, we need a settled XI, I know Bielsa prefers it that way!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm Dallas didn't have a bad game v the gooners, one of the first names on the team sheet for me preferably as a wing-back though.

I didn't say he had a bad game Leon, I actually said "no critisism"...And my other option was to rest Ayling and play Dallas there, be unfair to drop Alioski afet the game he had...options, thats all.

As for Costa, as brilliant as that goal was he won't be playing against West Brom reserves/juniors on Saturday

Kinda stating the obvious there mate... seem to recall you saying more than once though that Pablo or someone else should be starting as they had a good run out in the u23's...which is it?

There's been enough enforced rotation in our first team this season, we need a settled XI, I know Bielsa prefers it that way!

The rotation so far has been due to injuries... we are getting players back now ...and when fit they have to be rotated... not left to be brought on after 6 weeks of sitting on a bench.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:27 pm
I'd always consider Pablo for a first team spot as he is a quality footballer & the only one who consistently scores goals from our shot shy midfield, he also creates & makes things happen for us as he has done for the last four seasons.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:36 pm I'd always consider Pablo for a first team spot as he is a quality footballer & the only one who consistently scores goals from our shot shy midfield, he also creates & makes things happen for us as he has done for the last four seasons.
As do I mate... but Rodrigo is now starting to show he can fill that position also,and provide the long shots and hopefully less prone to injuries too... We won't get through a full season with just 11 players, it's going to be vital they all get game time... As for Costa, we paid 17 mill for him, we need to start getting what we paid for, Harrison is on loan and apart from his one flash of brilliance in the first game against Liddypool mate, he is still not producing the end product, in fact imo, he is becoming somewhat predictable.