The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th November) - Hard earned victory moves Whites up to twelth

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th November) - Hard earned victory moves Whites up to twelth

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 30th November, and here the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Hard earned victory moves Whites up to 12th

A hard fought, though well deserved victory at Goodison Park on Saturday late afternoon moved Leeds away from the danger zone, and within three points of 5th place. Both teams carved out opportunities in the first half, but it was Everton who almost broke the deadlock first. A lapse in concentration by Cooper gave Davis an opportunity to tee up Doucouré beautifully, but France's U19 keeper denied the former French U21 midfielder from close range.

Harrison also went close early on. Raphinha's inch perfect pass across the box was struck narrowly wide from close distance. Minutes later Bamford went close. His scrambled shot only denied by the flailing leg of England shot stopper Jordan Pickford. Harrison went close again; his header only denied by the woodwork. Everton thought they had scored against the run of play, but VAR signalled that Rodriguez had stayed offside. The offside flag also denied Richarlison from putting the home side ahead before half time.

Even bearing this in mind, Leeds dominated for large periods, recording 13 shots before the break - the most in a Premier League half this season. Both teams continued to press in the second half, but it was a moment of magic from Raphinho that separated the sides. The Brazilian struck a thunderbolt from almost 35 yards out, which went between the legs of Ben Godfrey giving Pickford no chance. Although Lees had other chances from Ayling, Alioski and Costa, Pickford was at hand to thwart their efforts. With 58% possession and 23 shots at goal, no wonder Leeds are becoming known as being one of the most entertaining sides in the top flight.

Bielsa's post match reaction

Leeds gaffer Marcelo Bielsa reacts to Leeds first win in six attempts having beaten the toffee's at Goodison Parrk at the weekend...

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th November) - Hard earned victory moves Whites up to twelth

Post by Chilli D »

A little generous with the yardage fro Raphinha's goal EB but a great goal and win nonetheless.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th November)

Post by rab_rant »

I heard that Bielsa will be keeping Rodrigo on the bench in future games with a huge sign above his head and an arrow pointing downwards which says number one striker for Spain worth 30 million euros...

To the extreme consternation of most fans it appears that Bielsa has confidence in the team that he picks, and he might give Rodrigo a small cameo appearance near the end of games.

This classic Bielsa playbook is merely psychological, for the opposing manager must think to himself... shite what is this team like when they have Spain's first choice number 9 sitting on the bench.

It is I masterful tactic... pure genius. As the prophet once said "may the camels of your enemies forever run in circles." and as Confucius once remarked "Confusion is a game changer and often a winner"

This is why Harrison and Raphinha swap wings so often, and why Dallas drops into left back or right back when Alioski or Ayling bomb forwards from their alloted positions. This is why Bamford defends corners. This is why Poveda and Alioski snigger like naughty schoolboys because they have been let in on the secret of Bielsaball. They practice Ninja invisibility. They run unobserved, penetrating forbidden areas unseen, departing at will without leaving a trace. All of the team can hear the sound of one hand clapping. It is the Zen of the onion bag flapping. It is the knowledge that passes all understanding.

Bielsa treats the football pitch as a four dimensional chess board and has taught the players to make mesmerizing moves to the total confusion of the opposition. They are bedazzled by the beauty of it all.

It makes no sense to the pundits who totally fail to comprehend what is happening, and confine themselves to inane comments about burnout or the fact that Bielsa doesn't speak English.

If Bielsa spoke English the spell would be broken... the total ethos of Bielsaball is non-conformity and to break away from all the old conventions that have stultified English football for the past decade.

And the fans who have been fed conventional football for 16 years can't get their heads around what is happening, and can only offer anodyne solutions from a bygone footballing age, failing to realize that there has been a paradigm shift in footballing strategy, and much to the consternation of pundits and fans alike the beautiful game has changed forever.

Bielsaball has arrived and the premiership may never recover from it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th November) - Hard earned victory moves Whites up to twelth

Post by Byebyegeegee »

More like 20 yards Elland, but a great strike nonetheless, right in the corner.

I notice that Wolves managed to beat Arsenal 2-1 yesterday but if you look at their match stats and our match stats the week before there is no comparison:-

Shots
Us - 25
Wolves - 11

Possession
Us - 67%
Wolves - 43%

Passes
Us - 610
Wolves - 405

Pass accuracy
Us - 85%
Wolves - 80%

We really must learn how to put the ball into the net more regularly and so turn complete dominance into certain victories!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:02 am I heard that Bielsa will be keeping Rodrigo on the bench in future games with a huge sign above his head and an arrow pointing downwards which says number one striker for Spain worth 30 million euros...

To the extreme consternation of most fans it appears that Bielsa has confidence in the team that he picks, and he might give Rodrigo a small cameo appearance near the end of games.

This classic Bielsa playbook is merely psychological, for the opposing manager must think to himself... shite what is this team like when they have Spain's first choice number 9 sitting on the bench.

It is I masterful tactic... pure genius. As the prophet once said "may the camels of your enemies forever run in circles." and as Confucius once remarked "Confusion is a game changer and often a winner"

This is why Harrison and Raphinha swap wings so often, and why Dallas drops into left back or right back when Alioski or Ayling bomb forwards from their alloted positions. This is why Bamford defends corners. This is why Poveda and Alioski snigger like naughty schoolboys because they have been let in on the secret of Bielsaball. They practice Ninja invisibility. They run unobserved, penetrating forbidden areas unseen, departing at will without leaving a trace. All of the team can hear the sound of one hand clapping. It is the Zen of the onion bag flapping. It is the knowledge that passes all understanding.

Bielsa treats the football pitch as a four dimensional chess board and has taught the players to make mesmerizing moves to the total confusion of the opposition. They are bedazzled by the beauty of it all.

It makes no sense to the pundits who totally fail to comprehend what is happening, and confine themselves to inane comments about burnout or the fact that Bielsa doesn't speak English.

If Bielsa spoke English the spell would be broken... the total ethos of Bielsaball is non-conformity and to break away from all the old conventions that have stultified English football for the past decade.

And the fans who have been fed conventional football for 16 years can't get their heads around what is happening, and can only offer anodyne solutions from a bygone footballing age, failing to realize that there has been a paradigm shift in footballing strategy, and much to the consternation of pundits and fans alike the beautiful game has changed forever.

Great stuff Rab, beautifully put!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

A few minutes to go and the scoreline is only 1-0
Surely you have to hold the ball up and take it into the corner.
That is the sensible conventional thing to do, but not if you are
A Ninja footballer practicing Bielsaball. Insane skills from Poveda.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What is nice about that clip was it started with a pass from Klich to Poveda
and it ended with a a complimentary handshake from Poveda to Klich.
Speaks volumes about team spirit.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

That goal was one that we would've relied on Pablo for previously.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 am That goal was one that we would've relied on Pablo for previously.
Absolutely Moth

Both Raphinha & Rodrigo will be match-winners for us this season :soccer:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks,

Nice to begin the week with three points in the bag.

This week we will see all the spygate palaver recycled by the media ahead of what imo will be our toughest game yet
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chelsea.... next. My godson and brother in law, aunt and my mates are all Chelsea fans...My guess is I'll get an invite to watch it with them, 60 inch TV in a cinema room, truly great food, beer.

Think I'll watch from home on a dodgy stream...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:49 am Morning folks,

Nice to begin the week with three points in the bag.

This week we will see all the spygate palaver recycled by the media ahead of what imo will be our toughest game yet
Unfortunately you are correct regarding Spygate Ian. The media will do all they can to squeeze some more miles out of it.
I expect Sky will invite Peter Shilton back in for his expert opinion on it.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

faaip wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:27 pm Chelsea.... next. My godson and brother in law, aunt and my mates are all Chelsea fans...My guess is I'll get an invite to watch it with them, 60 inch TV in a cinema room, truly great food, beer.

Think I'll watch from home on a dodgy stream...
Hahahahaha!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

No doubt the Dirty Leeds tag v the angels of Chelsea will be rammed down our throats again

Chelsea enjoyed a pitch battle with chopper Harris, Ossie, Hutchinson, Webb,etc in their ranks
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 am A few minutes to go and the scoreline is only 1-0
Surely you have to hold the ball up and take it into the corner.
That is the sensible conventional thing to do, but not if you are
A Ninja footballer practicing Bielsaball. Insane skills from Poveda.
If you listen carefully you can clearly hear Dallas (his accent gives it away) yelling "Ian IN THE CORNER". :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pleased with the Everton performance.

Concerned our conversion rate is dropping to the usual pathetic low percentage.

Not a surprise, same players having the same issues etc.

Hopefully Raph and Rodders can help us out.

Chelsea on paper are a big test, bit like Manure, a team of talented individuals with a poor manager.

However, we do better against better teams who like to attack.

Everton, Liverpool, City etc

The Spygate stuff will be nauseating, not sure having 2000 fans back will make much difference either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:02 am I heard that Bielsa will be keeping Rodrigo on the bench in future games with a huge sign above his head and an arrow pointing downwards which says number one striker for Spain worth 30 million euros...

Absolutely 133% accurate I was going to give 200% but Bielsa said No
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:35 pm Unfortunately you are correct regarding Spygate Ian. The media will do all they can to squeeze some more miles out of it.
I expect Sky will invite Peter Shilton back in for his expert opinion on it.
Rumour has it Jenas is still petitioning for a points deduction.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

mothbanquet wrote: Rumour has it Jenas is still petitioning for a points deduction.
And he has got Sidney Powell as his lawyer.

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent.