The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd December)Ballot to decide which Leeds fans return to Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd December)Ballot to decide which Leeds fans return to Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 2nd December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Ballot to decide which Leeds fans return to Elland Road

Leeds United have issued a statement on their website informing fans how they plan to decide which fans should take precedent once the Government decides that restricted numbers are allowed back. Unfortunately, Leeds fans are not happy and have taken to social media to express their displeasure!

According to Leedsunited.com:-
return at a reduced capacity. The size of the allocation will be dependent on the capacity available. All 2020/21 Members will be included in a ballot to gain access to these tickets. The club have also compensated members for the reduced access to tickets on top of receiving an exclusive gift pack which will be dispatched in the coming weeks, Leeds United ‘My Leeds’ Members* will also be entitled to the following:

Adults: £20 retail e-gift voucher
Juniors: £10 retail e-gift voucher

Gotts starting to make in roads at Sincil Bank Stadium

Leeds highly rated academy prospect Robbie Gotts is finally delivering on the pitch for Lincoln City. Gotts will be aware that at 21 year old, he'll be expected to be playing lower league football week in, week out as well as catching the eye of gaffer Michael Appleton. Recently, the versatile midfielder earned himself the man-of-the-match trophy in an EFL Trophy win over Manchester City’s Under-23 side; though this may have had something to do with hundreds of Leeds fans hijacking an online poll.

Gotts broke into the starting eleven against Swindon Town (with Jordan Stevens playing for Swindon). Gotts played at right back, and helped Lincoln win 1-0! Last weekend, despite a 2-0 FA Cup loss to Plymouth, Gotts earned a second MOTM award, this time in midfield. Gotts has 18 months on his contract. Let's hope he continuous to impress!

It has not been an easy season so far for many of Leeds’ loanees. Alfie McCalmont is struggling to establish himself at Oldham Athletic, Ryan Edmondson has scored just twice in 11 games for Aberdeen and Real Oviedo are hoping to convince Leeds United to cancel Rafa Mujica’s loan spell. Although not pulling up any trees, Jordan Stevens has ten appearances under his belt for John Sheridan's Swindon Town!

There's better news for Bryce Hosannah. His displays for the Bantams have earned him a new contract at Elland Road. Why are the Leeds youngsters finding it so hard to progress to the next level?

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd December)Ballot to decide which Leeds fans return to Elland Road

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m pleased for Robbie Gotts that he is making an impression at Lincoln at last and hope he goes on to have a good career. But, as for most of the lads out on loan, I suspect that that career won’t be at Leeds. It’s a massive step up from the lower divisions to the Premier league and apart from perhaps Hosannah, whose been a revelation at City, I don’t think the other lads are going to make it. Hope I’m wrong!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 2nd December)Ballot to decide which Leeds fans return to Elland Road

Post by HarryofOz »

What else can they do other than a ballot? What do the complaining fans want?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am What else can they do other than a ballot? What do the complaining fans want?
A raffle?...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am What else can they do other than a ballot? What do the complaining fans want?
Exactly Harry, how else are they supposed to do it.
I doubt we will see any fans at ER this season anyway.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:13 amA raffle?...
:)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 am Exactly Harry, how else are they supposed to do it.
I doubt we will see any fans at ER this season anyway.
Almost certainly not, though I have read that the government has approved a COVID vaccine. But it doesn't seem that many will have access in the short to medium term.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

It looks as though our loanees will have a career away from ER, especially as we are now in the PL but they should all be able to secure a future in the EFL.
Maybe Gotts and Hosannah could still make the top flight?
As for Murjica, Leeds should just cancel his contract and let him find another club.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The ballot will be like the Olympics in London. Drawn between sponsors and corporates only. Or is that too cynical. :)

As for the young players i agree with Geegee. If we stay in the PL the gap keeps widening in terms of step up to first team. I am glad for them that they are playing football anywhere. Its a short career don't waste time in the reserves get out there, even if it is in the lower leagues. Or is the football played at that level detrimental to development? Where's our old Manager Neil Warnock when i need some advice.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

It does seem like those who paid £35 for a membership are receiving the same privileges as fans who spent between £300 to £750 on season-tickets in February/March, many who have shown the same commitment for the last umpteenth seasons.

Season-tickets holders should get priority
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 pm The ballot will be like the Olympics in London. Drawn between sponsors and corporates only. Or is that too cynical. :)
So the real fans will miss out :(

Oh well no doubt LUFC will offer us dedicated fans a £50 voucher that we can't spend due to their inefficient website :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:53 am
She needs to have a word with Marcelo.

He would have her playing for England at the Euros.

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the real fans will miss out :(

Oh well no doubt LUFC will offer us dedicated fans a £50 voucher that we can't spend due to their inefficient website :roll:
You would hope it would be at least 50/50 split. Whatever way they do it its gonna cause mayhem and piss a lot of loyal supporters off. I don't know why they don't just allocate fans a certain game in the season to keep it fair. Are you ready to attend 64 or would you hold out for vaccination rollout?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

The vast majority of youngsters don't get to the top, that's the way of things. Best of luck to any lad who doesn't make it into our squad but we'll only be seeing a small percentage of youngsters really become first team players at Prem level.
TatleyK
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by TatleyK »

As harsh as it may sound, I'm not sure why anyone should have a chance of attending until all season ticket holders have been accommodated. After all, the club have had the season ticket money for the best part of a year now. Having said that, I notice there is no mention of season ticket holders in the statement, so perhaps they have something else in mind ( I won't hold my breath).
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:15 pm She needs to have a word with Marcelo.

He would have her playing for England at the Euros.

She says it herself. She is a presenter, not a player. Which is a real shame. I am sure the lads back at Leeds could give Emma a few tips. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:19 pm You would hope it would be at least 50/50 split. Whatever way they do it its gonna cause mayhem and piss a lot of loyal supporters off. I don't know why they don't just allocate fans a certain game in the season to keep it fair. Are you ready to attend 64 or would you hold out for vaccination rollout?
I'd probably hold out for the vaccine 1000.

I can envisage Leeds & the whole of the country being in total lockdown in the new year so all this talk about fans attending matches could be premature
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:41 pm I'd probably hold out for the vaccine 1000.

I can envisage Leeds & the whole of the country being in total lockdown in the new year so all this talk about fans attending matches could be premature
I've been told I'll be one of the first to receive the vaccine... :shock:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Tickets should go to the season ticket holders who have had their tickets the longest.

If you weren't there for the League One years, you shouldn't get in now.