Some fans calling for Bielsa OUT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Some fans calling for Bielsa OUT

Post by Fridge »

Well, it has started.

The BielsaOUT brigade is upon us:


I bet this lad has a headache this morning... seems he was on the beers last night.
Last edited by Fridge on Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Smudge3920 »

Odd... A scouser who supporting Leeds...mmmmm
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:30 am Odd... A scouser who supporting Leeds...mmmmm
Didn’t even pick up on that Smudge!


And the first name he thought of when deciding on an alternative manager is Rafa...

I’m suddenly feeling skeptical that this is a Leeds fan at all.

I don’t think any fan who has seen what Bielsa has done to the club would be so quick to call for him to be sacked.

I think you’ve cracked the case Smudge :duno:
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Scoobychief »

i woudn't go that far, i myself sometime get frustated with him picking the same 11 players, but i presume they are our best 11, we are not actually blessed with plenty of quality on the bench after our best 11 are picked, the problem is the likes of utd, chelsea, city, liverpool, spurs are team that are super fit and quality skillful players all over the park, and we like most of the other weaker premier league teams can't cope with them ot compete with them, we would need to be in the premier league for at least 6 years before we get anywhere near the strenght and likes of maybe just everton for instance. you cant blame him, he has done pretty well do be honest, we are 14th with 14 points, in better situ that west brom and fulham etc.. the domolition at utd yesterday was expected and we will get demolished at spurs in the new year doesn't mean the manager has to be sacked who would replace him there is noone out there that will get this bunch we have to over perform the way he has. we still lack around 3 players i would say still to keep us up, 1 of which is a creative midfielder that is a must. but as for asking for his head thats a bit ridiculous.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by HarryofOz »

The only thing out about Bielsa is standing
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Finnatic »

HarryofOz wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 am The only thing out about Bielsa is standing
👍🏻 Like that
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Fridge »

HarryofOz wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 am The only thing out about Bielsa is standing
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Outstanding and Standing Out :clap: :clap: :clap:
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Overman »

I think it raises the point though, that this could well be his last season. The club may need to start planning ahead.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Chilli D »

Overman wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:41 am I think it raises the point though, that this could well be his last season. The club may need to start planning ahead.
I agree.
Regardless of where we finish this season, I think he will call time on his stay in the UK.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by White Riot »

Fridge wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:32 am Didn’t even pick up on that Smudge!


And the first name he thought of when deciding on an alternative manager is Rafa...

I’m suddenly feeling skeptical that this is a Leeds fan at all.

I don’t think any fan who has seen what Bielsa has done to the club would be so quick to call for him to be sacked.

I think you’ve cracked the case Smudge :duno:
Yeah, defo sounds like some Scouser on the wind-up after a few bevvies.
Probably disappointed that Scum humped us.
How many Leeds fans do you know that call Scum "United", I don't and I never will as there's only one United :lol:
WestgateRun
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Wakefield

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by WestgateRun »

Yes, the arrogant and incorrect use of the term "United" to describe Salford Redsocks is a dead giveaway.
I've never heard any Leeds United fan do that.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Boo Radley »

I know Fridge was only highlighting some crazy overreaction to yesterday’s result but I wouldn’t even have given this thread that subject title. At a glance it looks like there is a discussion on this site about the idea, and that is absolutely not the case, no matter how much losing yesterday hurt.
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Fridge »

Boo Radley wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:32 am I know Fridge was only highlighting some crazy overreaction to yesterday’s result but I wouldn’t even have given this thread that subject title. At a glance it looks like there is a discussion on this site about the idea, and that is absolutely not the case, no matter how much losing yesterday hurt.
Apologies Boo, not my intention.

A bit of click bait from me I guess

I guess the intention was that the thread would be a place to share these posts.


Not sure if it has worked but I’ve just tried changing the thread title :tup:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79063
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by The Subhuman »

Overman wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:41 am I think it raises the point though, that this could well be his last season. The club may need to start planning ahead.
That's why I'd get Bilic in now...assuming it is his last season, I think we may see one more unless those Leeds fans with only one working brain cell between them force him out

we ain't going down by the way...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Boo Radley »

Fridge wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:40 am Apologies Boo, not my intention.

A bit of click bait from me I guess

I guess the intention was that the thread would be a place to share these posts.


Not sure if it has worked but I’ve just tried changing the thread title :tup:
No need to apologise Fridge. Once I opened the tread I knew what you were doing. I would have been amazed if you were leading the Bielsa charge! :)
User avatar
Fridge
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Fridge »

Boo Radley wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:18 pm No need to apologise Fridge. Once I opened the tread I knew what you were doing. I would have been amazed if you were leading the Bielsa charge! :)
Call me crazy but I can’t ever see myself calling for Bielsa out!

Mind you, I’m sure a lot of Arsenal fans would have said that about Wenger in 03/04.

As things stand, I am a hell of a long way away from calling for him to go. Even if we get relegated, I don’t see any other manager getting more out of our current players than he does.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:52 am That's why I'd get Bilic in now...assuming it is his last season, I think we may see one more unless those Leeds fans with only one working brain cell between them force him out

we ain't going down by the way...
I think Bilic would be quite a divisive choice, I'm also aware that Gerrard has been mentioned before?

Let's just hope MB can stay for at least another season. It's still very much a work in progress.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Some fans calling for Bielsa OUT

Post by BGwhite »

The interesting bit is would Bielsa change his style even with a set of newer higher quality players...I have my doubts .

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by Clacton White »

Overman wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:41 am I think it raises the point though, that this could well be his last season. The club may need to start planning ahead.
I think Bielsa will have a lot of say in who succeeds him . Probably someone with same footballing philosophy , hopefully . I know it happens and there were critics among Leeds fans in Championship but I reckon 95% would be behind Bielsa , there will always be odd one's of course , but look where the club was and where it is , I don't think you can question him or his methods . The squad needs improving but that takes time and money .
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19702
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Bielsa OUT

Post by weasel »

Fridge wrote: ↑Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:22 pm Call me crazy but I can’t ever see myself calling for Bielsa out!

Mind you, I’m sure a lot of Arsenal fans would have said that about Wenger in 03/04.

As things stand, I am a hell of a long way away from calling for him to go. Even if we get relegated, I don’t see any other manager getting more out of our current players than he does.
I don't see any manager getting more from them. Even managers like Mourinho who seem to get the best out of players would be coming in and wanting to spend probably £300m+.

Arsenal haven't really progressed since Wenger left and Arsenal under Wenger were always my second favourite team just because of how enjoyable it was to watch the football they played - even under O'Leary our football was still a million miles from being as good as Arsenal's when they were on song. That Bielsa could take a bunch of midtable championship players and make us play this way is simply remarkable. Arsenal's decline came once the back 4 started breaking up so it is hardly a surprise that our problems are similar given our makeshift defence.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Post Reply