faaip wrote: ↑Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 am
Hopefully we push Kalvin back into DMF, there is no one to replace Klich right now but I'd expect a similar performance from him if he plays as the 4
Team selection is really tough right now and it seems we're almost playing a 5-1-4 (if Kalvin plays sweeper) with Rodrigo as the false 9
Allardyce has played one up top last two games, would expect the same and therefore Phillips to push back into defensive midfield. Going to be packed in the middle of the park, expect them to sit back in two lines, Rodrigo needs to drop back and help Klich but I'd be tempted to play Shack in there with him.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:07 pm
Liverpool missed a hatful of chances in the first-half & then allowed the baggies back in the game as their midfield went AWOL
A replica of some Leeds displays
That match was similar to our's against Burnley. Just WBA never came out of their half in the first 45 minutes. Like us LFC should have buried them first half and didn't so like Burnley it gave them hope.
Need to play as we did first half against Burnley and get our shooting boots on.
West Brom will be without the suspended Jake Livermore and the injured trio of Hal Robson-Kanu, Kyle Bartley and Conor Townsend when they play Leeds United on Tuesday, according to BBC Sport.
faaip wrote: ↑Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 amHopefully we push Kalvin back into DMF, there is no one to replace Klich right now but I'd expect a similar performance from him if he plays as the 4
Team selection is really tough right now and it seems we're almost playing a 5-1-4 (if Kalvin plays sweeper) with Rodrigo as the false 9
As Bielsa automatically plays 3 CBs against two strikers I would think that Phillips will remain as a CB. Unless Llorente is fit again I'm not sure who else he would bring in.
WBA are very physical. I wonder how Ailioski will do
They actually looked decent in the 2nd half v Liverpool when they pressed higher.
Well organised and patient.
For us to win I think we need to fire a few in from outside the area.
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:29 pm
However, may we finally get to see Rodrigo in his preferred position?
Probably not, MB would likely give Roberts yet another chance.
I was thinking about rotation and fresh legs. We know Bielsa likes Roberts so I'm thinking he's even a contender for the 10 role. Would be even less surprised to see him start if Bamford is out.
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm
Hope Ali doesn't play (he will do of course) has been very poor of late, consistency is not Ali's middle name
To Alioskis credit he never stops running. 2 games in 48 hours. I think he's a dead cert.
andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:09 pm
I was thinking about rotation and fresh legs. We know Bielsa likes Roberts so I'm thinking he's even a contender for the 10 role. Would be even less surprised to see him start if Bamford is out.
Sadly I think you might be right AJS, but perhaps today will be the day he finally steps up and makes a contribution. Having said that, I'd like to see Rodrigo getting a run out up front myself if Paddy does turn out to be crocked.
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:19 pm
Wing-backs are suppose to stop crosses coming into the box, generally he's not in sight caught out of position, he can't defend.
We need a proper LB, Davis maybe a better option right now!
Not disagreeing that Davis would be a better LB. Just guessing that given Alioskis energy and Bielsas reluctance to change, that he'll play again today.
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm
Hope Ali doesn't play (he will do of course) has been very poor of late, consistency is not Ali's middle name
But if he's been poor of late and is also inconsistent, then surely he will play very well today.