West Brom v Leeds Utd - Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd - Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 pm Even though we didn't score from one, does anyone one else think our corners are starting to look a little more dangerous, Raph taking them on the left will reap their rewards soon.
On the same subject, I've been watching more games of other teams than for a long time, one thing I have been looking at is the quality of the corners from other teams and tbh on the whole they are poor from most teams, the Chelsea v Villa game the other night was particularly poor.
Raph zips them in :)

I agree mate, other clubs corners are just as poor, Chelsea v Villa were shocking!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Raphinha all the angles.
Starts the move and finishes it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

That was a thing of beauty from all the angles.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Wonder what Bielsa was saying to Sammy Lee at the end of the game only thing I could make out was Lee nodding and saying thank you.
Bielsa had the conversation without his interpreter, I mean come on, I need an interpreter if I speak to a scouser
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I wonder what Rod and Raph were saying to Pascal halfway through the first half
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:54 pm Wonder what Bielsa was saying to Sammy Lee at the end of the game only thing I could make out was Lee nodding and saying thank you.
Bielsa had the conversation without his interpreter, I mean come on, I need an interpreter if I speak to a scouser
:rol: :rol: :rol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I wonder what Bielsa was saying to spider boy when he just hoofed the ball into the air?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Alioski gives Kalvin a kiss at 3:25
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Had some time to reflect on this one since I've been busy since the game ended.

Truly awesome to see the way we responded to a 48 hour turnaround. Our energy level was excellent, with the exact same starting 11. I thought there would be some rotation. But even though Alioski has come in for some criticism I knew his energy would make sure he wouldn't miss out. He scored a great goal and had a really good game despite never really being tested defensively.

There's not much to criticize as everyone had a pretty comfortable game. Strujik looked comfortable. Klich much more comfortable.

I was chuffed with our performance. But at the same time I was really disappointed that Brom just didn't seem to show up and give us a game. They gave us acres of space as they sat back and just made thing so easy. I think Ayling made a 50 yard run from the back at one point. Strujik - criticized for not being quick in distribution before - had tons of time to pick his passes. Obviously WBA don't have the energy levels that we do to deal with a short turnaround. Sam looked completely dejected.

Regardless of Brom's shittiness, great job by the Leeds boys