Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Klich fit, Bielsa names unchanged side

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 am You just have to take the rough with the smooth, emotions fluctuate, that's our fallible human nature. Take it for what it is, I personally find it entertaining, irrespective, if I don't always agree. If it was purely a happy clappy forum, then that would be dull indeed. I appreciate the range of emotions, thoughts and opinions, it's what makes this such a fascinating forum.
It certainly would be.

I appreciate a wide range of views whether they are positive or negative :tup:

Some prefer all that happy clappy stuff, their opinion respected though
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:17 am I think Bielsa likes that formation because he's used it a few times. He's added Dallas to the midfield and was obviously looking at that with the Cuisance deal. But over the last month with our injuries at the back I think he feels he doesn't have the players for it. It's a choice between Shackleton or Rodrigo. Personally, I'd give Shackleton a go. But Bielsa feels better with Rodrigo even if it does leave us too open against the better teams. With our defenders back fully fit, or Forshaw, or a new signing, we might see a 3 man midfield more often in the new year.
Shackleton should be playing now. He has bags of energy and I can't ever recall him having a bad game.
He's a bit like Dallas in that he can play in a number of positions.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:24 am :rol: :rol: :rol:

How much has that bed warmer in the treatment room cost us....£££££££'s?

Should he make it to the chimney he'd injured himself on the way down :shock:
Thought you were talking about Mendy's party take out order for a minute there mate :lol:

I like him as a fella, but yeah thousands down the pan :sick: , along with Izzy Brown, Roberts, Douglas and all of that crew. They make Sicknote look like the fittest fella on the planet ;-)

Forshaw would get injured wrapping up the Chrimbo presents, his Mrs has to do that for him :lol:
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:46 am Shackleton should be playing now. He has bags of energy and I can't ever recall him having a bad game.
He's a bit like Dallas in that he can play in a number of positions.
True mate, he needs match time or might as well get sent on loan.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:47 am Thought you were talking about Mendy's party take out order for a minute there mate :lol:

I like him as a fella, but yeah thousands down the pan :sick: , along with Izzy Brown, Roberts, Douglas and all of that crew. They make Sicknote look like the fittest fella on the planet ;-)

Forshaw would get injured wrapping up the Chrimbo presents, his Mrs has to do that for him :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We've developed a habit of signing crocks over the years

I do wonder whether other clubs see us coming :(
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:53 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've developed a habit of signing crocks over the years

I do wonder whether other clubs see us coming :(
Maybe, we spotted Cuisance though :lol:

It's magnified when you have a small squad of senior players and then sign crocks :roll:
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Spurs v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:19 am All good positive achievements mate :clap:

But what I want our players to do is stop making stupid errors and gifting victories to LFC, Scum, West Ham, Chelsea, Leicester, Palace, Spurs, the list goes on and the mistakes continue. We've shown we're capable already, but still not consistent.
I think you could be waiting awhile WR in the big games. I can't think of many clubs coming up from the Championship and without any recognized CB'S in the team, managing to keep players like Son & Kane quite. Even at full CB strength they are handful for the any team.... especially MU.

We play high risk possession football starting with our goalie. When teams press high and go MTM mistakes will happen, penalties will be conceded and we can't head a ball for toffee, but if we took our fair share of chances we would still have a chance of winning some of these games.

I don't think there is balance with this team. Burnley we showed a bit of resilience but it wasn't a Bielsa performance. For me and i have said it for a few weeks, find me a proper defender in this team and i will give you a gold star. :star: If i give you Ayling & Dallas, then we play with 9 naturally attack minded players and its difficult to curb that mentality, but then i wouldn't want to watch Newcastle & WB every week who's sole intention is to stop teams scoring.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:59 am I think you could be waiting awhile WR in the big games. I can't think of many clubs coming up from the Championship and without any recognized CB'S in the team, managing to keep players like Son & Kane quite. Even at full CB strength they are handful for the any team.... especially MU.

We play high risk possession football starting with our goalie. When teams press high and go MTM mistakes will happen, penalties will be conceded and we can't head a ball for toffee, but if we took our fair share of chances we would still have a chance of winning some of these games.

I don't think there is balance with this team. Burnley we showed a bit of resilience but it wasn't a Bielsa performance. For me and i have said it for a few weeks, find me a proper defender in this team and i will give you a gold star. :star: If i give you Ayling & Dallas, then we play with 9 naturally attack minded players and its difficult to curb that mentality, but then i wouldn't want to watch Newcastle & WB every week who's sole intention is to stop teams scoring.
True mate, we're still learning at this level and the injuries certainly don't help. We'll get a few beatings and dish a few out.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am Dead right mate, we're passionate supporters and feel every kick :tup:
:tup:
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 am It certainly would be.

I appreciate a wide range of views whether they are positive or negative :tup:

Some prefer all that happy clappy stuff, their opinion respected though
:tup:
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Add up the points earned by the bottom 3 and it’s still a lower tally than we currently have :lol:
In Bielsa we trust
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 am You just have to take the rough with the smooth, emotions fluctuate, that's our fallible human nature. Take it for what it is, I personally find it entertaining, irrespective, if I don't always agree. If it was purely a happy clappy forum, then that would be dull indeed. I appreciate the range of emotions, thoughts and opinions, it's what makes this such a fascinating forum.
Well said Overman :tup:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

All football fans moan. Scum fans are moaning and they're joint top! :roll: :lol:
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

I found some extended highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Ikm80nBLc

Just before they score Bamford misses a great chance with the header, and very similar to Leicester they go up the other end and score.

First goal, Meslier has an easy pass on to Dallas whose unmarked, but elects to overhit a pass back to Ayling who has numerous Spurs players in the vicinity. The challenge by Alioski is poor, but it's definitely outside the area, even Stevie Wonder could see that. If Meslier stands his ground he saves the penalty easily as Kane just stuck it right down the middle.

Second goal starts with Rodrigo being bullied off the ball in midfield, which happens a lot. Then a poor attempted tackle by Struijk on Kane. Good ball in by Kane and wonderful run and finish by Son. Hard to criticize Dallas and Meslier as that was a great cross and classy finish.

Third goal Meslier saves the shot well, but then allows the ball to squirm out for a corner. Because we've done better with our headers lately and Meslier has come out to claim crosses and corners, Spurs try a clever corner to the near post from Son. Alderwiereld manages to shove Bamford out the way, nips in front of Phillips and glances it towards Meslier, who saves initially but like the shot that lead to the corner allows it to squirm over the line.

A catalogue of errors that's taken advantage of by Spur's alertness and skill.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 pm All football fans moan. Scum fans are moaning and they're joint top! :roll: :lol:
They were moaning about MB getting third in FIFA Coach of the Year Award, what do they expect Ole winning it :lol:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:15 pm They were moaning about MB getting third in FIFA Coach of the Year Award, what do they expect Ole winning it :lol:
Same with Chelsea fans thinking Lampard deserved it, what for taking them backwards?
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Spurs only won because of covid.
Fear of a female planet?
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

I think Shearer said that we have the worst record for goals conceded from set-pieces in the PL this season.

Maybe corresponds to the amount of goals we concede, 33 in 17 is disastrous :shock:
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:56 pm Spurs only won because of covid.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

but very naughty... :shhh:
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

hector wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:09 pm :rol: :rol: :rol:

but very naughty... :shhh:
Their midweek game was cancelled, so they benefited from being less tired. If you think I'm wrong, it's because you hate women!

*not original to me, props to @Fresca
Fear of a female planet?