Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6706
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Finnatic »

The only albums I bought (or even listened to) in 2019 were King Crimson.
Could I nominate “Red” from 1974?🤣

I’ll abstain from this year.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:10 pm The only albums I bought (or even listened to) in 2019 were King Crimson.
Could I nominate “Red” from 1974?🤣

I’ll abstain from this year.
Sadly not Finn :)
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Flower Kings- Waiting for Miracles
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6706
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Finnatic »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:55 am Shame there wasn't a live one from 2019.... the recent live sets have been brilliant. If you beat me to nominating Red when we get to 1974 you're guaranteed a vote.
Likewise , I can’t believe how good it is.

Would love to have heard live stuff from the “Red Tour” - sadly it wasn’t to be.
Red, Fallen Angel and One More Red Nightmare would be amazing live with that line-up.
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by onemoreslogan »

I didn't find much on my own in 2019, but these guys get a lotta love. They're tight and fun:

PUP - 'Morbid Stuff'
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14811
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by lufc1304 »

Leon, check the list, I already nominated
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14636
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by hector »

and I removed myself from this last year....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cage the Elephant - Social Cues
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:40 pm Leon, check the list, I already nominated
Oops :roll:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:55 pm and I removed myself from this last year....
You could vote for The Delines, a album I know is one of your favourites :)
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14636
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by hector »

I could.......

but then I would have to listen to all the rest, because I am fair like that.......

And this is where we have the problem again,,, I ain't got the time at the moment...


Sorry.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - Andrew, Azkal, Billie, Durly, Hector, Norfolk,Onemore,1304 to NOMINATE

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:28 pm I could.......

but then I would have to listen to all the rest, because I am fair like that.......

And this is where we have the problem again,,, I ain't got the time at the moment...


Sorry.
I know mate I understand your reasons

:cry: :verysad: :cry:
User avatar
billie1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Album of 2019 - Azkal, Billie, Durly, Norfolk to NOMINATE

Post by billie1 »

I’ll pass on this one thanks ‘64
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - Azkal, Billie, Durly, Norfolk to NOMINATE

Post by Durly »

FKA Twigs - Magdalene
Image
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6706
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Album of 2019 - Azkal, Billie, Durly, Norfolk to NOMINATE

Post by Finnatic »

Thanks for the Red info, Sara.
I’ve heard it on a couple of KCCC live albums, from some 1995 (?) gigs.
Good, but something lacking, possibly the energy and precision that new live songs have when played after album release.
That’s why I would have liked to hear the ‘74 line-up live versions 👍🏻
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - Azkal & Norfolk to NOMINATE

Post by 1964white »

Well it seems the Cave album will miss out if I don't nominate so we go again

Nick Cave 'Ghosteen'
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Album of 2019 - Azkal & Norfolk to NOMINATE

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155204
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2019 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by 1964white »

ALBUM OF 2019

VOTE NOW

The Delines 'The Imperial' Mrs 64
Aldous Harding 'Designer' Ges
Megadeth 'Warheads on Foreheads' Haighy
Lana Del Rey 'Norman F**king Rockwell!' SG
Little Simz 'Grey Area' 1304
Neil Young 'Homegrown' Gandi
Billie Eilish 'When We All Fall Asleep' Sara
The Who 'Who' John
Starcrawler 'Devour You' Faaip
Purple Mountains ‘Purple Mountains’ Cat
Flower Kings 'Waiting for Miracles' MJ
PUP - 'Morbid Stuff' Onemore
Cage the Elephant 'Social Cues' Andrew
FKA Twigs 'Magdalene' Durly
Nick Cave 'Ghosteen' 64
Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel Norfolk

Abstained : Azkal, BB, Billie, Finn, Hector
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79030
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2019 - VOTE NOW

Post by The Subhuman »

Billie Eilish 'When We All Fall Asleep' Sara
Little Simz 'Grey Area' 1304
Starcrawler 'Devour You' Faaip
Aldous Harding 'Designer' Ges
Lana Del Rey 'Norman F**king Rockwell!' SG
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
gessa

Re: Album of 2019 - VOTE NOW

Post by gessa »

Going to have to play the Purple Mountains again, still don't know if I like it or dislike it. Found it like twiglets, not sure but couldn't stop.

Shock! horror! The Delines is growing on me
Post Reply