Derby in Financial Trouble

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Derby in Financial Trouble

Post by Fridge »

Derby finding themselves in financial trouble. Unable to pay their wages for December with the club dangerously low on cash and reportedly nearing administration.

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Derby in Financial Trouble

Post by Boo Radley »

They could get their sponsor to pay some............. oh!
They could sell their stadium, if only the price hadn’t doubled quite recently.

Play with fire, as we know only too well, and you’ll get burnt. Can’t say I have any pity for them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Funny I know, but I'd rather not see football clubs go out of business
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm Funny I know, but I'd rather not see football clubs go out of business
I didn’t say I’d like to see them go out of business. A ten point penalty for going into administration would be sufficient, especially where they are currently sitting.

They cheated and got away with it. That 10 point penalty would have been the minimum they would have received for stealing an advantage over honestly run clubs around them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would rather not see that happen either to be honest.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Karma... 🤣

But seriously, it's always the fans that suffer 🙄
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Haighy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

But seriously, it's always the fans that suffer 🙄
Was just gonna post the same Haighy, always the fans....
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Derby deserve everything they get, they riddled out of ffp last season by manipulating the figures, I'd love to see them relegated then have a 10 point deduction next season
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Velotrax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm Derby deserve everything they get, they riddled out of ffp last season by manipulating the figures, I'd love to see them relegated then have a 10 point deduction next season
Ditto plus I hope Rooney is made to stay as manager for at least 3 seasons and Fat Fwank gets sacked as part of the FA punishment
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brain-dead managerial thinking paying fat boy 80k a week
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm Ditto plus I hope Rooney is made to stay as manager for at least 3 seasons and Fat Fwank gets sacked as part of the FA punishment
Be nice but no doubt they will get away with it AGAIN !
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 pm Brain-dead managerial thinking paying fat boy 80k a week
That's Derby for ya, but they are not brain dead, they don't have one between them
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No sympathy.

Took the piss out of ffp and tried every trick in the book (32 Red paying for Rooney) to try and cheat the system.

Fans thought they were getting the next Sheikh Mansour, Newcastle fans tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen.

Hope they go down and suffer like we did.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fridge wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm Derby finding themselves in financial trouble. Unable to pay their wages for December with the club dangerously low on cash and reportedly nearing administration.

Typical fire sale on the horizon ....and no one worth buying ... :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm That's Derby for ya, but they are not brain dead, they don't have one between them
I was far too complementary to them suggesting they were brain-dead :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

It's self inflicted, so no sympathy, especially with how they have behaved towards Leeds in recent years. A spell in league 1 should chasten them. Just hope the ordinary employees don't suffer, whilst the culprits walk away with their millions intact.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 pm It's self inflicted, so no sympathy, especially with how they have behaved towards Leeds in recent years. A spell in league 1 should chasten them. Just hope the ordinary employees don't suffer, whilst the culprits walk away with their millions intact.
Ditto :tup: :tup: :tup:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 pm It's self inflicted, so no sympathy, especially with how they have behaved towards Leeds in recent years. A spell in league 1 should chasten them. Just hope the ordinary employees don't suffer, whilst the culprits walk away with their millions intact.
Perfectly put.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Unfortunately we all know that's just not going to be the case... :x
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 am Unfortunately we all know that's just not going to be the case... :x
It seems even their own fans can't decide whether Morris is a genuine fan-owner who has tried his best for the club and been unlucky, a wheeler dealer who has run rings around everybody and will yet pull a rabbit out of the hat, or a financial and footballing incompetent who has taken them in five years from a well run, low budget team on the brink of promotion, to a basket case laughing stock facing relegation and admin. I suspect they're about to find out.