Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm Way too early to say, known fact coming form abroad takes a season or so and no pre season and injury not helping..
When did we actually make a signing who we know for definite is a success ?
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

17th will do gents. Hope we return to being at least entertaining,which that certainly wasn't.
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

Awful but not unexpected. The cracks have been there for a while now and a delusional hope is that we can bring in some much needed quality. We look like relegation fodder at the moment and I hope this is not the start of a gradual decline. A big test for MB, a challenge to his beliefs/philosophy, things need to change.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Rebecca Lowe on NBC Sports: "Leeds didn't really show up today, did they."

Couldn't agree more.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Had a feeling that would happen, disapointing
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

It maybe the team we've had for most of the season but that's the first time it's been set up like that..Bielsa seemingly trying players in new positions and that again takes time.

Harrison has played 6 positions in the last 3 games
Honey dipped flim flam
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

As if that's not bad enough we've gotta cheer fookin Chelsea on now :sick:
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:57 pm It maybe the team we've had for most of the season but that's the first time it's been set up like that..Bielsa seemingly trying players in new positions and that again takes time.

Harrison has played 6 positions in the last 3 games
And we've got shagged doggy style in all of them :lol: :dog:
Poshwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Poshwhite »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 pm Most teams have a poor patch in a season and we are most certainly having ours. The biggest disappointment for me has been Rodrigo. I expected so much more from a Spanish international.
A few cracks are starting to appear, I doubt the Brighton back three have had an easier game all season.
For Spain he is the number ‘9’ for us no idea, MB thinks Bamford is better.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Is MB's small squad and reliance on players knowing how to play 2 or 3 roles a problem?

How many of our players are a decent Prem level player in their main position? Probably 3 or 4 at best?

So asking players who arent even decent Quality Prem players to play unfamiliar positions is bound to hinder?

I do think MB's faith in the system isnt helping us at times, we have nany players not talented enough for there main position at Prem level, they are going to look even worse out of position.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cup hangover? What a poor performance that was. It says something when Tyler Roberts comes on and looks our best player.

I think it best we start thinking we are in a relegation fight to sharpen minds. You can see what Brighton do, they play some inventive stuff 2/3 times a game, get a goal and then allow the opposing team to come on to them and score. The fact we couldn't take advantage tells its own story.

How is it Crawley can have a better pitch than Leeds? Your not telling me with all the science around we can't do better than that with half the season gone. I know there has been bad weather but come on. Its atrocious.

Brighton are crap, we are crap at the minute...Where do we go from here? One day we may get to see Llorente...Will it be too late?
Stan
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Stan »

Let's be honest we need new blood and quality at that, unfortunately even if we do add any new signings we won't see them until March at the earliest, that's if their not injured!
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 pm Is MB's small squad and reliance on players knowing how to play 2 or 3 roles a problem?

YES

How many of our players are a decent Prem level player in their main position? Probably 3 or 4 at best?

Most of them

So asking players who arent even decent Quality Prem players to play unfamiliar positions is bound to hinder?

I do think MB's faith in the system isnt helping us at times, we have nany players not talented enough for there main position at Prem level, they are going to look even worse out of position.
Honey dipped flim flam
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Stan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm Let's be honest we need new blood and quality at that, unfortunately even if we do add any new signings we won't see them until March at the earliest, that's if their not injured!
and is Orta and his scouting network going to get that ?
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

i posted this just 1 month ago, when i saw what was happenning.

yet i was flamed to hell and back

think there is more than a few might now agree with me
Peter in Blackpool wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:11 pm if you compare man for man, we are probably one of the worst teams in the league, and the only reason we are not bottom 3 is because of our high intensity high press type of football. but we cannot sustain that all season, against the hammers our energy levels dropped considerably which is why we were well beaten.

No good pointing out injuries, west ham had players out too, you need a squad of players that we do not have.

Do you really think players of the Mo Saleh class will allow themselves to be bullied into increased fitness and accept being dropped for kicking a water bottle?

Our players are not good enough and better players will not tolerate the Bielsa way....so where do we go from here?

Give Bielsa next 2 games, if we play badly, its time to say thank you, but goodbye MB
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm And we've got shagged doggy style in all of them :lol: :dog:
It may be a radical idea, but can we just sign players and actually play them in their natural positions?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Yes and have been doing it for a while.
Honey dipped flim flam
CHAPELALLMAN
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Bamford looks like he is in one of his bad patches now - he hasn't scored in open play since Newcastle.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Problem is when you've got no creativity, you need players who can create something out of nothing and we took off Rodrigo and Raphinha.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:03 pm i posted this just 1 month ago, when i saw what was happenning.

yet i was flamed to hell and back

think there is more than a few might now agree with me
Bielsa isnt perfect, his faith in certain players is baffling, this manifests iteslf into some players playing ridiculous positions and as a consequence the system falling apart.

That being said we have imo a relegation level squad (as most newly do) and would definitely be relegated without MB and wouldn't have been promoted in the first place.