100% concur Hector... TBH Bielsa ball would have been a pastime for the most part...hector wrote: ↑Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 pm Sorry but that is a crock of crap....
I was in the army as you know...
The harder we trained the easier it was in a war zone, and we were certainly beasted a lot back at camp, and we would never have survived a battle had we not been so fit.
So in summary, training hard does not make you loose fitness or stamina.
Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Due to unforseen circumstances I only saw 5 minutes of the match... so cannot comment, have just read 25 pages in this thread...certainly a mixed bag of comments to say the least ....However...
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Bonjour Matelote...Have we lost our world reknowed sense of humour as ex British military...or did the senior service turn into the cranky old service
..Why is everything of a sexual nature to matelotes?
... Now that comment could easily be regarded as insulting...IF we did not know 1. the source...2. the context it was made in...as it turns out ...its funny...
who knew Sara has a sense of humour
Chin up Karen in oops sorry Peter in Blackpool...Dont let a bad result switch off your sense of humour...Ya cranky ol bugger
Now Heccy ol mate ...give us a song ...
No ex serving member I have ever known would ever show anything but respect for fallen comrades of any branch of the service...As an ex member of that elite profession, surely you understand "black humour"?Peter in Blackpool...
please show some respect to my fallen comrades
It certanly isn't Peter... but there is a slight difference when you are sat on the most protected ship in the fleet...Not much gets close to Air Craft Carriers nowadays...learnt the lessons in the last war, but I am sure I dont need to remind you of that.I served on HMS Hermes in the Falklands conflict and I can assure you that having enemy aircraft firing exocet missiles at you is no picnic
Yes it is ...it is merely a title awarded due to the age of the servicebut the RN is not called the Senior Service for nothing
I was on the "Herpes" once for about 4 months...we needed a ride somewhere...I can vouch that a lot of the crew themselves refered to her as the "Herpes"... As they in turn called us "Wanky Tankies", now that is disrespectful...so you think calling my ex ship 'herpes' is respectful?
Recieved a "Welcome to the Herpes from a number of them H.
Chin up Karen in oops sorry Peter in Blackpool...Dont let a bad result switch off your sense of humour...Ya cranky ol bugger
Now Heccy ol mate ...give us a song ...
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:08 pm You dont think its disrespctful to change her name to a sexually transmitted disease?
all part of military humour
Can hardly believe that an ex shipmate would use that term
90% of all fish heads that I met called it that (because it was a carrier). Those that didn't were generally officers.
what about changing leeds to weeds? would that not be disrespectful too?
grow up.... last used that sort of argument in the playground.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
-
gessa
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Does anyone else think, that was a definitive penalty on Jack Harrison?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155134
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
-
gessa
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
He did the same earlier in the season too though, another that I thought was a penalty. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul, the ref was giving them for less all day. I think they got away with another on Rodrigo too.
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18293
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
No, wasn’t a definite one IMO. Presume VAR would have looked at.
On your point 64, that Jack didn’t complain wasn’t there a story doing the rounds after we played QPR last season (might have been 18/19
-
gessa
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
He took Harrison before any contact on the ball, anywhere else it's a foul, all opinions I suppose Cat. Not given and we move on but are we too honest , Poveda earlier in the season another one.Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am No, wasn’t a definite one IMO. Presume VAR would have looked at.
On your point 64, that Jack didn’t complain wasn’t there a story doing the rounds after we played QPR last season (might have been 18/19) that a long-standing QPR fan either wrote to the club or Jack personally congratulating him for his attitude/sense of play play and not contesting the refs decisions or rolling around like he’d been shot when tackled - unlike many modern day players.
- Byebyegeegee
- First Team

- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
- Location: God’s own county (north)
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
In the good old days it was called a shoulder barge and was perfectly legal. Obviously the game has changed almost out of all recognition and I’m not sure whether it should still be allowable these days. I suppose it is one of them that could have gone either way but imo it was definitely not a definite penalty!
Is anyone concerned about Rodrigo’s performances lately? He does seem to be very slow compared to most other players. There were a couple of times yesterday when he was “left for dead” by some of Brighton’s lumbering centre backs when he was trying to track back. He also seems to be quite slight and gets knocked off the ball a bit too easily for my liking. I know he’s not playing his preferred position but at £29m I think he should be able to adapt and certainly should be having more influence on games than he is doing currently.
-
CHAPELALLMAN
- Manager

- Posts: 3891
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
Very concerned in case it's another howler of a signingByebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:11 am In the good old days it was called a shoulder barge and was perfectly legal. Obviously the game has changed almost out of all recognition and I’m not sure whether it should still be allowable these days. I suppose it is one of them that could have gone either way but imo it was definitely not a definite penalty!
Is anyone concerned about Rodrigo’s performances lately? He does seem to be very slow compared to most other players. There were a couple of times yesterday when he was “left for dead” by some of Brighton’s lumbering centre backs when he was trying to track back. He also seems to be quite slight and gets knocked off the ball a bit too easily for my liking. I know he’s not playing his preferred position but at £29m I think he should be able to adapt and certainly should be having more influence on games than he is doing currently.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... g-19641472
-
CHAPELALLMAN
- Manager

- Posts: 3891
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
I would prefer it if you don't respond to my posts if you can only respond with sarcasm/negativity. Take that thread about formations - instead of adding to the discussion intelligently, you were only interested in raising a cheap laugh about a typo in my post.I find that pathetic.
-
CHAPELALLMAN
- Manager

- Posts: 3891
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
I was responding to Byebye's post actually - he asked whether anybody else was concerned with Rodrigo's form - I answered him.Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:43 pm The question of Orta's signings has been discussed at length, as has Rodrigo's ability and current form. I find reducing all the permutations of that debate to yet another cheap dig not to be 'adding to the discussion intelligently', but, in fact, 'responding with sarcasm/ negativity', which is why it only merited the eye roll. Yet another comment by you which disappears into the irony vacuum.
Are you a censor who doesn't permit a response to another member's post unless of course it fits in with your world view ?
I am entitled to have my opinions about Rodrigo's form and to also show a link which analyses his role in yesterday's game. In fact you are also rubbishing the opinion of the person who wrote that article which I shared. Your ' cheap dig ' comment is 100% subjective - really a form of attempted censorship because you don't like my point of view. It's ironic anyway because your responses to my posts are generally ' cheap digs.' Just don't read my posts and leave it at that - simple. I wont reply to you again.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Brighton Match Thread - Casilla starts in net as Meslier missing for Leeds
I have watched a replay of the match backwards.
We did well to turn a 0-1 deficit into a gritty goalless draw.
We did well to turn a 0-1 deficit into a gritty goalless draw.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155134
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada
- Smudge3920
- Superstar

- Posts: 5203
- Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
- Location: Canada