Top 5 Leeds forums

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4940
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by Ellandback1 »

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 38149
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by faaip »

Well that's badly researched
Honey dipped flim flam
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by Clacton White »

I thought Square all might be on there . I was on there for many years up to last year when a civil war errupted . Didn't involve me , but some awful people on there who seem to bully anyone with different views and gang up on people . Quite a few left around or after I left , horrendous atmosphere on there , the nasties are still there including one who seems to think he is a doctor but spends all time posting on that site. Anyway , glad to see it isn't among the top sites. Also might have expected WACCOE .
User avatar
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4408
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by Smudge3920 »

Was that done by polling or is it just a promotion type thing from sponsors?... either way it's good advertising but nice to be #1 through a poll...
FEAR NAUGHT
User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4585
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by SaraM »

Surely Waccoe is the biggest forum.
Losing my taste for the human race
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 38149
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by faaip »

SaraM wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 pm Surely Waccoe is the biggest forum.
by a country mile
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6897
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by Irish Ian »

Wacko.

I need to have a shower after even the most cursory of visits.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa


'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 15261
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by HarryofOz »

Maybe they didn't list Waccoe because you can't read the forum without logging in.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 92613
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:30 am Maybe they didn't list Waccoe because you can't read the forum without logging in.
Good point Harry :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 92613
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 pm Surely Waccoe is the biggest forum.
I rarely go there even though I have pals on W, I'm far too busy on here.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 92613
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:24 am Wacko.

I need to have a shower after even the most cursory of visits.
It's a bit like twitter on there Ian 😏 always someone looking for a argument.
User avatar
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4940
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by Ellandback1 »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:57 pm I thought Square all might be on there . I was on there for many years up to last year when a civil war errupted . Didn't involve me , but some awful people on there who seem to bully anyone with different views and gang up on people . Quite a few left around or after I left , horrendous atmosphere on there , the nasties are still there including one who seems to think he is a doctor but spends all time posting on that site. Anyway , glad to see it isn't among the top sites. Also might have expected WACCOE .
Waccoe (in my opinion) are full of bullys. If I dare suggest or give my opinion which is different to the cliche, thats unacceptable, and you'd be called a vile name
User avatar
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by billysboots »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:58 am It's a bit like twitter on there Ian 😏 always someone looking for a argument.
I get all the arguments I need at home with the teenagers! 😧
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4585
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by SaraM »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 am Waccoe (in my opinion) are full of bullys. If I dare suggest or give my opinion which is different to the cliche, thats unacceptable, and you'd be called a vile name
In my experience of it over the last year it's mostly tongue in cheek and self-parody. That may not be immediately obvious to the casual observer. There are interesting folk, and people you choose to ignore, just like anywhere.
Losing my taste for the human race
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by YorkshireSquare »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:30 am Maybe they didn't list Waccoe because you can't read the forum without logging in.

Surprised it's still like that to be honest.

I only set it like that as the number of gust users was sending the database server over the edge.
User avatar
SaraM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4585
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by SaraM »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:40 pm by a country mile
Which suggests it's being deliberately overlooked for some reason.

EA3E8B96-FF7D-4B78-A5BD-BC786E880D54.jpeg
EA3E8B96-FF7D-4B78-A5BD-BC786E880D54.jpeg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Losing my taste for the human race
User avatar
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 15261
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:12 am Surprised it's still like that to be honest.

I only set it like that as the number of gust users was sending the database server over the edge.
To be honest I haven't been there in ages. I can't remember what it was, but I thought I'd check it out ages ago to see what the reaction was. Couldn't view it obviously and couldn't log in - either my membership or password must have expired or something. Wasn't really a big deal though so I didn't pursue it.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 38149
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by faaip »

SaraM wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:00 am In my experience of it over the last year it's mostly tongue in cheek and self-parody. That may not be immediately obvious to the casual observer. There are interesting folk, and people you choose to ignore, just like anywhere.
Very good forum, you pick your battles as you say...
Honey dipped flim flam
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 92613
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:53 am Very good forum, you pick your battles as you say...
Isn't it true you don't post on the Leeds United topics though Faaip which is the main reason we all came together in the first place?

You need to be a brave man/woman to go on some of their topics inevitably someone is going to abusive to you.
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 38149
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Top 5 Leeds forums

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 am Isn't it true you don't post on the Leeds United topics though Faaip which is the main reason we all came together in the first place?

You need to be a brave man/woman to go on some of their topics inevitably someone is going to abusive to you.
That's more to do with I get there late, match days I do here and for most other topics on football over there there's already at least 5 pages and I never feel I can comment without reading the thread. I do post on football every now and again but post and leave unless I'm in the mood to argue.. I write and delete as many posts here as as I actually post as well....
Honey dipped flim flam
Post Reply