Tagliafico

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Tagliafico

Post by Dutch Peacock »

We should buy Tagliafico in the summer for the left back position. He is good in attacking and defending and has lots of energy and aggression. Argentinian international but in Europe for a couple of years now so speaks good English as well. Normal hard working guy. As Argentinian he would probably love to work with Bielsa and would be available for around 20/25 million, so not super expensive for a really good left back.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tagliafico

Post by Smudge3920 »

Welcome Dutch... Whats his stats like and is he for sale and available?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Rather not be spending 25 mill again on a 29 year old at the end of the season... We should be looking at younger players who we can rely on in the coming seasons to build something gradually
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dutch Peacock »

danhirons wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 pm Rather not be spending 25 mill again on a 29 year old at the end of the season... We should be looking at younger players who we can rely on in the coming seasons to build something gradually
He has been really good for Ajax the last couple of years. Look some youtube clips of his Champions Leagues games. And also is Argentinian international and even captain in some games. I think we already have a young squad and with possibly Kiko, Alioski, Hernandez leaving, Cooper and maybe Klich playing less with some new signings and maybe a lot of u23’s making the step up or signing some young players, we could use some experienced older players to help the kids.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Reportedly Romain Perraud is lined up in that LB position, in the way that Koch was last January.

We will see, I like Tagliafico but not sure whether the club will go in for him at that price
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Dutch Peacock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:39 am He has been really good for Ajax the last couple of years. Look some youtube clips of his Champions Leagues games. And also is Argentinian international and even captain in some games. I think we already have a young squad and with possibly Kiko, Alioski, Hernandez leaving, Cooper and maybe Klich playing less with some new signings and maybe a lot of u23’s making the step up or signing some young players, we could use some experienced older players to help the kids.
not saying he's not a good player :) just saying I'd rather go for younger players that at least have some resale value.

Would also add that the Dutch league isn't exactly the best league, and the Argentines aren't exactly blessed with world class defenders...although as you say....if he's looked good in the champions league then would probably cut it here...No idea what type of full back he is either - happy to bomb forward and play more like a wingback as our full backs do...Either way I doubt we'll be spending this much on a left back personally...
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

IN my opinion is top 10 LB in Europe. Not sure if Ajax would sell him for only 25 mill I would guess more like 35 or 40. Leeds cannot afford that for a 29 year old at the moment.