The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Marseille star rejected ER move in favour of Villa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Marseille star rejected ER move in favour of Villa

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 3rd March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Marseille star rejected ER move in favour of Villa

Aston Villa midfielder Morgan Sanson has revealed that he rejected a move to Leeds in the January transfer window, opting instead for a transfer to Villa Park. The Villans signed Sanson on January 26 in a £14million deal from Marseille. So costly was the transfer, that it led to the departure of Andre Villas Boas who walked out on the French giants. In a recent interview on French television, the French midfielder revealed that he rejected a move to Leeds to sign with Villa.

I’ve known everything in Ligue 1, especially with Montpellier and Marseille. So I was at a point where I was wondering: ‘why not go abroad? Since I was little I have always had a special affection for this championship (the Premier League). Aston Villa are a big club in England, but it could have been another club the summer before. There was Leeds who were very interested, but I felt that was not the time.

Leeds keeping close eye of MK Dons starlet

Leeds are closely monitoring MK Dons highly rated left wing back Matthew Sorinola. The 20 year old has already made 32 senior appearances for Russell Martins team, 29 of those this season. His stand out performances have also attracted West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brentford, Bournemouth and Middlesbrough. Sorinola has refused to pen a new deal at the Stadium MK. It looks increasing likely that one of these clubs will have an absolute gem in the Summer!

Whilst it's great to see Leeds snapping up young raw talent, it hardly seems fair on the smaller clubs who have nurtured these players, only for bigger fish to come along and steal them away! I'm sure we remember how we felt when we lost Taiwo and Woods to Chelsea in 2006, Lennon to Spurs or Delph to Villa. The fees involved are negligible, especially if it ends up at a tribunal. Is there a fairer way, or should it be the bigger fish eating the smaller one.

And the next Leeds Utd Manager is....

I know it's hypothetical, but at some point Marcelo Bielsa will decide to call it a day, and move on from Elland Road, and whilst we are all hoping that day does not come too soon, we need to be prepared. Oddschecker have provided the latest odds on who who take the Elland Road hot seat when Bielsa leaves!

What is your opinion on these Managers. Who from the list would you pick - if you had to? Who isn't on the list, that you would like?

12345.jpg
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Marseille star rejected ER move in favour of Villa

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 3rd March) Marseille star rejected ER move in favour of Villa

Post by HarryofOz »

Sam Allardyce and Nigel Pearson joint-favourites to take over from Bielsa ha ha ha ha ha. Not to mention the rest of the ridiculous list. If I were to list the names of the pets that my family has owned over my lifetime it would be a more realistic list than Oddscheckers. None of them have the slightest chance of being our next coach.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am Sam Allardyce and Nigel Pearson joint-favourites to take over from Bielsa ha ha ha ha ha. Not to mention the rest of the ridiculous list. If I were to list the names of the pets that my family has owned over my lifetime it would be a more realistic list than Oddscheckers. None of them have the slightest chance of being our next coach.
Brendan Rodgers is the only one I would even remotely consider
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 am Brendan Rodgers is the only one I would even remotely consider
Yes, and things would have to go dramatically wrong at Leicester for him to leave.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am Sam Allardyce and Nigel Pearson joint-favourites to take over from Bielsa ha ha ha ha ha. Not to mention the rest of the ridiculous list. If I were to list the names of the pets that my family has owned over my lifetime it would be a more realistic list than Oddscheckers. None of them have the slightest chance of being our next coach.
:rol:

Andre Villas-Boas would be my choice.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 am Brendan Rodgers is the only one I would even remotely consider
Not Nigel Pearson? :shock:

I think Pearson has been linked to the ER hot seat for the last 10 years.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Morgan Sanson So what plenty of players have turned us down in the past and will in the future, him going on about it only suggests he regrets it, just like Che I wish I’d gone to Leeds Adams.

Don’t know about the young kid at MK but looks good, it’s been done to us often in the passed, I think it’s a shame the little clubs should be protected from this sort of this but then again it will just push up the cost of “British” players even more

That was a list of managers :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I reckon we will replace Bielsa from within at least at first.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Rodgers fine. Leicester play good stuff and are continually punching above their weight if you ask me. He is doing a good job. Moyes ok done very well this year and kept Everton competing year after year on a average budget before his career took a downturn. I suppose Moyes could keep us ticking over in the Prem but is that all we want to do? Arteta ok he still has much to prove, has plenty of funds at Arsenal but they ain't setting the league alight are they. Difficult to say how well he'd do here really at the moment. The rest of the list are laughable really. I doubt many of them would keep us clear of the relegation zone never mind pushing on towards the top 6. And that is where I hope we will be or better when Bielsa decides to call it a day. For once we should be able to attract a very high calibre of manager instead of the usual suspects featured in that list. I hope Bielsa can give us a couple more years I really do.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

That list is a joke Harry, as for us employing journeymen to replace Marcelo says it all.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:54 am Yes, and things would have to go dramatically wrong at Leicester for him to leave.
If he stays at Leicester he'd be a legend ...but in Leicester. Leeds would put him on the world stage
Last edited by The Subhuman on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:14 am Morning EB et all

Morgan Sanson So what plenty of players have turned us down in the past and will in the future, him going on about it only suggests he regrets it, just like Che I wish I’d gone to Leeds Adams.

Don’t know about the young kid at MK but looks good, it’s been done to us often in the passed, I think it’s a shame the little clubs should be protected from this sort of this but then again it will just push up the cost of “British” players even more

That was a list of managers :lol:
I think Che wanted to come but Southampton nixed that comprehensively.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

haha what a list, we are spoilt for choice. Its like Fred Flintstone compiled it.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:07 am Not Nigel Pearson? :shock:

I think Pearson has been linked to the ER hot seat for the last 10 years.
Er....that would be a no :lol:
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:26 pm haha what a list, we are spoilt for choice. Its like Fred Flintstone compiled it.
With help from Wilma & Barney Rubble :lol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

That list of managers is ridiculously bad. Brendan Rodgers is the only one we would accept and he's comfortably now looking at managing teams far above us at the moment after what he has done at Leicester and celtic.

I'd imagine it will.be someone who we consider can carry on the bielsa style.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:24 am I think Che wanted to come but Southampton nixed that comprehensively.
Hi Faaip yea I think he definitely wanted to come at the time and probably still wishes it had happened but based on the last few games I've seen on TV and the fact the Saints fans are saying he's Championship at best I think that ship has sailed - however IMO Bielsa would make him a far better player and I think our style of play would suit him
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Be a very good 10 in our system...probably the best player on the pitch for them v us
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Yeah judging from what the saints fans are saying we were lucky to steer clear of him...he's just gone something like 12 games without a goal or assist...hate to think what our fans would be saying about him!