Meghan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Meghan the bully

Post by Fridge »

Durly wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:53 pm .....and that's what it is too......an absolute pile-on. She has been seen as "fair game" by the media from the get-go and let's make no mistake, a good deal of the reason why is her race. They've skirted around it but it's been sitting there implicitly since day one.

See my earlier comment re: Andrew. Again, spot on. The Harry and Meghan stuff takes the focus off him nicely, doesn't it..........
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

The timing of these allegations is laughable. A smear campaign, I have little doubt.

Harry’s dislike of the media and for a royal life has been clear for many years and he has not been afraid to openly criticise the media in the past.

This narrative that this awful woman has swooped in and corrupted the young prince is ridiculous. To me, this looks more like a wife giving her husband the confidence and reason to finally do what he has wanted to for a long time.

I’ve a feeling that the day that Harry was made to walk the streets in front of millions on the day of his mother’s funeral is the day that the family lost him.

Prince Andrew can consort with pedophiles and take part in the trafficking of underage girls and the most stick he will get is a couple of jokes about the fact that he says he can’t sweat. Meanwhile Harry dares to step away from the fold and the reaction is as if he has shot the queen in the face.

And let’s not even start on this laughable recent pile on about her earrings. Outrage that she would dare wear jewellery gifted by a Saudi Prince. With that much anger over something as trivial as a pair of earrings, I would imagine that all of these people absolutely lose sleep over the fact that our government openly sells arms to the Saudis :?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:38 pm Who really cares they generate income in the UK I suppose, and possibly spend it😀🙂
Another myth about the monarchy:

https://www.republic.org.uk/the_true_cost_of_the_royals

https://www.republic.org.uk/tourism
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

There are 2 sides to every story, we are only fed the one we are supposed to hear !
Now Diana went against the establishment, and sadly died/ was murdered, none of us know for sure what happened.
Harry has gone against the establishment, now he is being subjected to a bararge of abuse in the media, now I think the fact that he and Meghan have launched a tv carear from this is some what questionable, it remains to be seen what happens, as some have mentioned Andrew is no longer on the lime light for his Paedophillia.... we are once again being played by the media, so ask yourselves who runs the media? Who runs the politics? who runs our own lives?
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Mrs64 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 am Meghan thinks she's better than she is, all that rubbish about their private lives & now they are courting publicity.
This paragraph sums up the royal family so well that you’d have thought you were talking about the queen herself!
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:16 pm This paragraph sums up the royal family so well that you’d have thought you were talking about the queen herself!
LOL, The Queen, lives in a palace has millions of pounds worth of diamonds, and still gets benefits, sums up today's society :$$:
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Let's compare some of the media's headlines about the pair.

On holding their baby bumps (Daily Mail):

Kate - Not long to go! Pregnant Kate tenderly cradles her baby bump while wrapping up her royal duties ahead of maternity leave

Meghan - Why can't Meghan Markle keep her hands off her bump? ... Is it pride, vanity, acting - or a new age bonding technique?

On avocados (Express):

Kate - Kate's morning sickness cure? Prince William gifted with an avocado for pregnant Duchess

Meghan - Meghan Markle's beloved avocado linked to human right abuse and drought, millennial shame

On spending Christmas with the queen (Daily Mail):

Kate - Carole wins granny war! Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend second 'private' Christmas with the Middleton family rather than joining the Queen at Sandringham

Meghan - Doesn't the Queen deserve better than this baffling festive absence? ... the impact of Prince Harry and Megan Markle's decision not to spend Christmas with the royal family

On wedding flowers (Express)

Kate - Why you can always say it with flowers

Meghan - Royal wedding: How Meghan Markle's flowers may have put Princess Charlotte's life at risk

On fashion (Daily Mail)

Kate - How Kate went from drab to fab! From eyebrows and pilates to a new style guru, our experts reveal the Duchess of Cambridge's secrets to looking sizzling

Meghan - My memo to Meghan Markle following her Vogue editorial - we Brits prefer true royalty to fashion royalty

Also subtly, Kate is almost always referred to as the 'Duchess' or 'Duchess of Cambridge' but Meghan is always referred to as simply 'Meghan Markle'

I don't feel particularly strongly about celebrities as a whole, but the way she has been treated is a disgrace.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:40 pm Let's compare some of the media's headlines about the pair.

Kate - Not long to go! Pregnant Kate tenderly cradles her baby bump while wrapping up her royal duties ahead of maternity leave

Meghan - Why can't Meghan Markle keep her hands off her bump? ... Is it pride, vanity, acting - or a new age bonding technique?

On avocados (Express):

Kate - Kate's morning sickness cure? Prince William gifted with an avocado for pregnant Duchess

Meghan - Meghan Markle's beloved avocado linked to human right abuse and drought, millennial shame

Kate - Carole wins granny war! Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend second 'private' Christmas with the Middleton family rather than joining the Queen at Sandringham

Meghan - Doesn't the Queen deserve better than this baffling festive absence? ... the impact of Prince Harry and Megan Markle's decision not to spend Christmas with the royal family

Meghan - Royal wedding: How Meghan Markle's flowers may have put Princess Charlotte's life at risk

On fashion (Daily Mail)

Kate - How Kate went from drab to fab! From eyebrows and pilates to a new style guru, our experts reveal the Duchess of Cambridge's secrets to looking sizzling

Meghan - My memo to Meghan Markle following her Vogue editorial - we Brits prefer true royalty to fashion royalty

Also subtly, Kate is almost always referred to as the 'Duchess' or 'Duchess of Cambridge' but Meghan is always referred to as simply 'Meghan Markle'

I don't feel particularly strongly about celebrities as a whole, but the way she has been treated is a disgrace.
Nothing like an unbiased press.........
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Velotrax wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:46 pm Nothing like an unbiased press.........
You mean we can’t trust everything they say??? :shock: :shock: :oops:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

People in glass palaces shouldn't throw stones!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:49 pm People in glass palaces shouldn't throw stones!
It'll be bullet proof glass..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

SaraM wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:13 pm Another myth about the monarchy:

https://www.republic.org.uk/the_true_cost_of_the_royals

https://www.republic.org.uk/tourism
In the black according to that by next to nothing in the great scheme of things. Obviously alot of the revenue is by association. On a personal note I'd bin them after the Queen turns her toes up. New generation are just in it for the ability to self promote.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:47 pm You mean we can’t trust everything they say??? :shock: :shock: :oops:
How do you know when they are telling a lie ?

Their lips are moving

Enough said

We are just mushrooms to them

Left in the dark and fed crap.....
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:58 pm Yeah, let's focus on the "jumped up, ideas above her station" Meghan and ignore the fact that Andrew consorts with paedophiles and may well be one himself. You're being spoon-fed what to think by a media that has had an anti-Meghan agenda from the start (they probably hate the fact she's American, mixed race and had the temerity to have a black man officiate at her wedding). I couldn't give one f**k about the Royals but this pile-on on Harry and Meghan is laughable. None of us know them, so who are we to judge how they live their lives? If I was Harry and had watched (or now understood) how the press hounded his mother, I'd be looking to take back control of how my life was shared with the public too. But hey, Piers Morgan says she's a wrong 'un, so that's who we'll believe.
Great post. Especially the bit in bold (though I will add allegedly for obvious reasons of libel). Convenient diversion eh? THe UK press have always towed the line when it comes to what the monarch wants, and to some degree the government.

I say this all as someone who doesn't generally have a dislike for the royals. I recognise the income the Royals generate for the nation in tourism and so on. In fact I'd go as far to say that I don't think the Queen is behind much of this, it's the Buckingham Palace spin doctors; the same one's who piled on Diana when everyone could see Charles was an adulterating wet blanket.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:40 pm Let's compare some of the media's headlines about the pair.

On avocados (Express):

On fashion (Daily Mail)

As I said earlier, I am no fan of the Royal Family but that is absolutely shocking bias. Are these actually genuine? If so, there is something incredibly sinister running here.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

BobHirst wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:49 pm People in glass palaces shouldn't throw stones!
Unless they have the press behind them....alegedly

Is this really Leeds United related...asking for a former Prince
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Durly wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 pm As I said earlier, I am no fan of the Royal Family but that is absolutely shocking bias. Are these actually genuine? If so, there is something incredibly sinister running here.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/e ... ards-royal
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Cheers, it's not a surprise but shows nicely how they try and manipulate the public.

By the way, Kate, although given a relatively easy time by the press is still seen by many as "a commoner" in Royal circles. Apparently, when her Mother is at royal functions (due to the fact that she was once an air stewardess) the hilarious line "Doors to manual" is shouted at her quite regularly (Oh, my aching sides).
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

This, for me, is pretty much spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqpl3c5K8Q
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Durly wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 pm This, for me, is pretty much spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqpl3c5K8Q
Very well said.

Ironic how the caller repeatedly barks on about how she finds Meghan to be ‘insecure’ - she comes across as deeply insecure herself, to be so deeply bothered by the mere existence of Meghan Markle.

And the fact that she is so hounded for not ‘conforming’ is deeply condescending, especially considering that, before meeting Prince Harry, she was far more successful than any of us will ever be.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Fridge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:29 pm
And the fact that she is so hounded for not ‘conforming’ is deeply condescending, especially considering that, before meeting Prince Harry, she was far more successful than any of us will ever be.
Yep she isn't the first to lay down when asked !